Coral Island

Scary Stories...

“You suck…” Ron grumbled as he sulked at the campfire that evening.
As it turns out Harry won the contest, and of course Ron made a big deal. Spitting out foul language as Harry grinned from ear to ear as the giant fish he caught squirmed in his hands. His laughter booming in Ron’s ears only making is face turn even more red with anger.
“Come on Ron! Don’t be such a sore loser!” Harry laughed. “Ease up, and if it helps I won’t ask too much of you this weekend.” The sarcasm slimmed through his words.
“I wouldn’t be so mad if you hadn’t cheated.” Ron complained, pointing his finger at Harry.
“Cheated?” His laugh boomed through the forest trees. “Oh come on Ron! You’re embarrassing yourself, stop it!”
“Fine, but seriously, I don’t think it’s fair that you won and on top of that caught the biggest fish I’ve ever seen in my life!” He exclaimed, eyeing the now half devoured cooked fish in front of him.
“It’s called luck my friend.” He laughed.
“Oh you two are just delightful, now shut up and finish eating. I have something planned for tonight!” She smiled scandalously causing for the circle of friends to question aloud as she finished with the last dishes. “Stop asking questions, you’ll see in a minute.”
“I wonder what she has planned for us…” Harry whispered to Ron.
“It’s probably and evening of story time.” Harry chuckled along with Ron and quieted down quickly when Hermione sat back down.
“I realized we haven’t done this yet… and it’s a camping tradition. Now I know we aren’t exactly ‘camping’ but who cares. It’s really fun apparently.” She began as everyone shushed each other.
“So what exactly is this camping tradition?” Neville asked.
“Tonight we’ll be exchanging ghost stories.” She smiled in excitement as the small crowd looked surprisingly delighted with this idea.
“Sounds wonderful,” Luna exclaimed. “Mind if I tell the first one?”
“Go right ahead.” Hermione allowed her friend the spotlight.
“Alright,” Luna started, the mood changing instantly once she began talking. Everyone around her gave her their attention. “Two dorm mates in college were in the same potions class. The teacher had just reminded them about the midterm the next day when one dorm mate — let's call her Florence— got asked to this big bash by the hottest guy in school. The other dorm mate, Meg, had pretty much no interest in going and, being a diligent student, she took notes on what the midterm was about. After the entire period of flirting with her date, Florence was totally unprepared for her test, while Meg was completely prepared for a major study date with her books.
At the end of the day, Florence spent hours getting ready for the party while Meg started studying. Florence tried to get Meg to go, but she was insistent that she would study and pass the test. The girls were rather close and Florence didn't like leaving Meg alone to be bored while she was out having a blast. Florence finally gave up, using the excuse that she would cram in the common room the next day.
Florence went to the party and had the time of her life with her date. She headed back to the dorm around 2 a.m. and decided not to wake Meg. She went to bed nervous about the midterm and decided she would wake up early to ask Meg for help.
She woke up and went to wake her friend. Meg was lying on her stomach, apparently sound asleep. Florence rolled Meg over to reveal Meg's terrified face. Florence, concerned, turned on the desk lamp. Meg's study stuff was still open and had blood all over it. Meg had been slaughtered! Florence, in horror, fell to the floor and looked up to see, written on the wall in Meg's blood: “‘aren’t you glad you didn't turn on the lights!’”
“Not too bad…” Fred commented.
“Not too bad?” George laughed. “You were practically sweating with fright you liar!”
The group laughed allowed, some a bit shaky considering the fright they just experienced. The laughter died down as Ginny cleared her throat.
“I’ve got the perfect one!” She exclaimed, sitting up right as she began. “Mary Worth lived a long time ago. She was a very beautiful young girl. One day she had a terrible accident that left her face so disfigured that nobody would look at her. She had not been allowed to see her own reflection after this accident for fear that she would lose her mind. Before this, she had spent long hours admiring her beauty in her bedroom mirror.
One night, after everyone had gone to bed, unable to fight the curiosity any longer, she crept into a room that had a mirror. As soon as she saw her face, she broke down into terrible screams and sobs. It was at this moment that she was so heartbroken and wanted her old reflection back that she walked into the mirror to find it, vowing to disfigure anybody that came looking for her in the mirror.
After hearing this story, which was told very terrifyingly, a group of girls decided to turn out all of the lights and try it. They all huddled around the mirror and starting repeating "Mary Worth, Mary Worth, I believe in Mary Worth". About the seventh time they said it one of the girls that was in front of the mirror started screaming and trying to push her way back from the mirror. She was screaming so loud that the friends’ mom came running into the room. She quickly turned on the lights and found this girl huddled in the corner screaming. She turned her around to see what the problem and saw these long fingernail scratches running down her right cheek. Bloody Mary kept her promise.”
“Oh that’s bull!” Ron boomed. “A bunch of rubbish these stories are I tell you.”
“Oh yeah, you’ve got a better one?” Ginny questioned against her older brother.
“I do actually. Now get prepared for this one, you’ll be scared out of your wits.” He smiled mischievously and begins off in a scary whisper. “A girl in her teens is babysitting for a family in London, England. The family is wealthy and has a very large house — you know the sort, with a ridiculous amount of rooms; I mean, come on, if a house is big enough to have "wings," then you know the house is larger than it probably needs to be.
Anyways, the parents are going out for a late dinner and movie. The father tells the babysitter that once the children are in bed she should go into this specific room (he doesn't really want her wandering around the house) and watch TV there.
The parents take off and soon she gets the kids into bed and goes to the room to watch TV. She tries watching TV, but she is disturbed by a clown statue in the corner of the room. She tries to ignore it for as long as possible, but it starts freaking her out so much that she can't handle it.
She resorts to calling the father and asks, "Hey, the kids are in bed, but is it okay if I switch rooms? This clown statue is creeping me out."
The father doesn’t answer for a moment and then suddenly he says urgently, "Get the kids, go next door and call 911."
She asks, "What's going on?"
He responds, "Just go next door and once you call the police, call me back."
She gets the kids, goes next door, and calls the police. When the police are on the way, she calls the father back and asks, "Alright, the police are on their way, I’ve got the kids. Now what’s going on?”
He responds, "We don't have a clown statue."
“Okay, I admit that was scary.” Ginny replied shuttering. “Now I’m terrified of clowns.”
“I told you it was scary, am I good or what?” Ron basked in his story telling glory.
“Alright, don’t get cocky. Who else has a good one?” Hermione asked.
“I’ll try a go at this.” Fred said. “Alright… this one’s a Muggle story I heard once. One night, bored, a girl logged on to AIM instant messenger, to chat about a fun Halloween party coming up with her friends.”
“Wait- what the bloody hell is AIM?” Harry asked bewildered.
“It’s a chat thingy Muggles use from their computer… Now let me finish my story! They were all bored of one on one conversation so they opened up a fun chat room. Then, someone they didn’t know came in to the chat; he seemed nice but seemed kind of off. About an hour later her friends logged off, leaving her and only the stranger. He logged out of the conversation and one on one IMed her, saying hello. She greeted back, and asked what his name was, how old he was, you know, basic conversation. He told her he was older than her, which she found weird. Why not give her a number? Then he said his name was Ricky. She gave him her name and he said, oh I already know. It startled her, so, intrigued she asked more. She finally got to; where do you live? And he said ‘in your house.’ That’s strange she thought...and scary! She blocked him then instantly she hears YOU’VE GOT MAIL, and she opens it up to him saying, why would you ex out? Do you want to speak personally? She replied with why he was scaring her? He said why not turn around and ask me to my face? She gasped, and, crying turns around, but no one wad there! She laughed, and as she turned around to say "very funny" to him, he logged off. Then, she heard the phone ring. She answered and a voice said, why hello there, I’m coming to say hello personally. She screamed and hung up, then called the police. They say if he calls again…”
“DID YOU HEAR THAT?!” Luna yelled, a gasp escaping her lips.
“You mean that really creepy noise coming from just behind us not even 20 yards away?” The words escaped Ginny’s lips faster than a speeding car.
“Yeah,” Luna’s voice was high pitched.
“Then no, I didn’t hear anything.” Her eyes were still wide with fright.
“You guys, it’s just a couple of scary stories. Don’t be such chickens!” Harry and Ron exchanged smirking glances. “Alright I’ve got one to tell. It’s pretty creepy... One night a young girl, Lily Foster, is left alone for the night, in her country house, while her parents drove out to town for a party. This was fine with Lily, especially since she had her faithful dog, Scout, protecting her through the night. She made herself something to eat, and sat down at the kitchen table. Turning on the radio to her favorite station, she was surprised to hear a news bulletin declaring that an avenged murderer was on the loose. It advised that people secure all windows and doors as a safety precaution. With her dog by her side, the young girl locked the front and back doors. She went from window to window, and locked each of them one at a time.
She reassured herself that she would be fine with her trusty dog, and that her parents would be home shortly, anyway. So, Lily had a pleasant, peaceful evening, and finally decided around eleven o'clock that it was time for bed. She climbed the stairs to her bedroom, and slid under the big, warm blanket on her bed. Before closing her eyes, reached her hand down under the bed, and allowed her dog to lick it- she did this every night, because it comforted her.
A short while later she awoke to the sound of a scratching noise at her bedroom window. She eyed the window, and reminded herself that the whole house was locked and she was safe. She stuck her hand under her bed and felt her dog's slobbery tongue cross over the palm of her hand. She sighed and went back to sleep. An hour or so later she sat up in bed...She had heard footsteps in the hallway, and crept out of bed to see if it was possibly just her parents returning from their party. Seeing nothing, she returned to bed. As she was about to stick her hand under the bed, she heard a drip, drip, drip, followed by some footsteps. She walked downstairs into the kitchen and secured the taps. That surely wasn't the source of the drip. She crept upstairs and climbed into bed.
"This is silly," she told herself. "I'm probably just imagining things."
She stuck her hand under the bed, and felt the dog lick her hand. An hour later she awoke again. A little mad at this point, she jumped out of bed. The dripping wasn't coming from the kitchen so it must be from the bathroom. She crept along the side of the hallway, and walked into the bathroom. She groped along the side of the wall with her left hand, looking for the light switch. She flicked the light on and gasped. There, hanging from the shower rod was Scout –skinned. A pool of blood had formed on the bathroom tile with a continuous 'drip, drip, drip'. The blood from the dog hit the ground. Something on the wall caught her eye; written on the wall was a message in blood..."Humans can lick too."
“Can we stop now; I’m getting really freaked out!” Delilah cried, her fingers shaking with fright.
“Yeah,” Emma agreed. “I’m so terrified right now.”
“Alright, we should be getting to bed anyways.” Hermione agreed, gladden by the fact that they were quitting the story telling.
“Goodnight everyone,” The group waved goodbye to each other while walking into their tent.
“Jeez those stories are freaking me out.” Delilah commented to the company she shared the tent with.
“I know!” Hermione agreed. “I feel like I need to turn my head every minute to make sure no one’s behind me.” As she said this she looked around herself –and under the cot- nervously.
“I think we should all just get this fact through our heads right now. These are all fake stories. We shouldn’t freak ourselves over them like that.” Emma announced. “Let’s all go to bed now, I’m tired.”
“Agreed,” The group all found their beds and fell sound asleep.
Outside the midnight wind blew with an eerie feel. The campfire blew out leaving for the campsite to turn pitch black. Somewhere inside the woods, a branches twig snapped.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys ! i really hope you dont mind that my chapter is a bit messed up because of the stupid paragraphing in microsoft word and stuff.
i give credit to about.com for the legends and tales :)
and sorry about not posting for like a billion years, i really need my own computer . this sucks.
anyways, let me sign off with this... HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY !