Status: We're putting this on hold for a while.

I Think I Might Be Having Your Baby

We the Kings

Demina’s POV

“Welcome, you must be the special guests!” said a guy with messy brown hair. He had a lip ring and seemed to look like he was going to fall asleep right there where he stood.

I held out my hand to him and he took it, shaking it gently. “Yes we are. Sorry if we’re a little late, we ran into a bit of trouble finding your house,” I said in my sweet/business like voice. It made me sound like a secretary or telemarketer, but it always commanded people’s attention and I always got my point across in discussions. It also helped me to keep calm when I talked in this voice. I also use it to answer the phone and people tell me I sound white when they hear me and haven’t met me yet. It’s kinda funny actually. I just call it my “proper” voice. I rarely have to use it but, it does come in handy when dealing with hoity-toity people. Who knows, there might be some here.

“And I’m Hunter,” said a guy with wavy brown hair that reached his shoulders. I blinked a few times and then it clicked.
I had spaced out again and had gotten lost in my own thoughts. We had just finished introductions and now we were moving into the living room where all the other guests were. Luckily Nix updated me on their names last night or else I would be totally lost right now.

When we entered the living room it got quiet as the other guests turned to look at us. They weren’t hoity-toity like I thought they’d be so I probably won’t need my “proper voice”. I was a bunch of your average, every day people.

Almost reading my mind, Danny, the drummer, said, “This is just a little get together that we’re having since it’s been a looooong time we’ve been home. Make yourselves comfortable.” He motioned with his arm to a few chairs that were open at the end of the room.

Before we moved to go occupy the seats, Drew leaned in close to me and whispered, “We told them you were the winners of a contest so don’t feel nervous or anything.” He gave me a smile and then followed his group off into another part of the house.

Violent J, Monoxide, Madrox, and I were left alone, so to speak, in a room full of strangers. When we took the seats that were available – a love seat Madrox and I sat on and two arm chairs – the whole room seemed to just watch us. Not liking a lot of attention on me, I busied myself with one of the magazines that was sitting on the coffee table in the middle of the room. Luckily for me it was a Reader’s Digest. I loved this magazine. I opened up the slightly worn pages and flipped to one of the joke sections in the book.

“What are you looking for?” Violent J asked as I flipped the pages one by one.

“The joke sections,” I answered distractedly as I used one of my fingers as a bookmark and then started to look for another. My plan was to use the jokes to break the ice. Hopefully it’ll work. One I had all of the sections book marked with my fingers, I opened up to the first and then read the first one I saw.

“During a conference, I was pleasantly surprised to be seated next to a very handsome man. We flirted casually through dinner, then grew restless as the dignitaries gave speeches. During one particularly long-winded lecture, my new friend drew a # sign on a cocktail napkin. Elated, I wrote down my phone number. Looking startled for a moment, he drew another # sign, this time adding an X to the upper left-hand corner.”

“Oooo, burn,” said one of the other guests. The rest of the group dissolved into laughter and Madrox took the magazine from me, wanting to read one himself.

“Wandering around a fairground, a man enters a fortune-teller’s tent for a laugh. “I see you’re the father of two,” says the seer, gazing into her crystal ball. “Ha! That’s what you think,” says the man scornfully. “I’m the father of three.” “Ha!” says the fortune-teller. “That’s what you think.””

I laughed the loudest as everyone began enjoying all of the jokes. It became a sort of game. The other guests picked up the other Reader’s Digest off the table and began reading the jokes, trying to see who had the funniest.

After about an hour of joke telling, everyone was called to the dining room for dinner. The food was delicious and we all enjoyed ourselves. According to our cover story of being contest winners, we were to sleep over at their house. After all the guests were gone we moved back into the living room.

“So, what’s this about a dilemma your group is having that we can help with?” Travis poured us all some water.

I took the cup but didn’t drink from it. I was too full from the triple chocolate cake that we had for dessert. “Well, um, we’re going to kind of need for you to meet a friend of ours at the Whitney hotel. She’s the one that needs your help but she was too ill to come visit you tonight.”

“Aww, that sucks,” said Drew. “What’s wrong with her?”

“It’s her stomach,” I said without really thinking. “She ate something that didn’t agree with her so she decided to stay behind.”

“Ok…Well, I guess we could drop by for a visit.”

“Thank you soooo much! It would mean so much to her,” I said in a really girly voice, clasping my hands together.

They smiled at me and we all headed out to the van. I drove and Madrox rode in the passenger seat. The drive was pretty much silent. Out the corner of my eyes, I saw Madrox watching me. It didn’t make me feel awkward though. When he looked away as we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, I felt….cold for some reason. It was the weirdest thing.

As we made our way upstairs, I texted Nix, “Get your actress hat on quick! We need you to be sick.” Hopefully she got the message before we got to the room.

When we reached the door I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before swiping the key card. I opened the door and entered first. No one was in the living room so I invited the guys to sit down so I could go find Nix. I went into our room first and found her lying in her bed. I went over to her and whispered, “You ready for this?”

She gave me a smile and a thumbs up. I smiled back and went to go get We the Kings. They went into the room and I fell on to the couch with Madrox. He placed an arm on the back of the couch behind me and I scooted closer to him. He wrapped the arm around me and I laid my head on his chest. I was full, and sleepy, and his warm body temperature wasn’t helping at all. My eyes slowly drifted shut. I must have fallen asleep because the next time my eyes opened the sun was shining in through the curtains and I was lying in bed. It took me a while to get my bearings and sat up immediately.

I went out into the living room and Nix was sitting in the armchair. She turned as soon as she heard my footsteps. She hopped up, seeming all bubbly and happy. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Good morning chicachi,” she said, poking my cheek. “Time to go, your stuff is already down in the van.”

I shrugged and even though I was in my pjs, went with her down stairs and we were off on to our next destination. If I wasn’t mistaken…our next stop was New York. I can’t remember the band though.

When we were in the van and situated, we pulled out the parking lot and were on our way. With a yawn and stretch, I asked, “So, how did the whole thing with We the Kings go?”

The van went silent and they all looked out their windows. I looked at them all and then demanded they tell me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop Woop!!
We're going try and get these out during the day whenever we can so you all can read them at a more convenient time. But as my buddy said, we're starting school soon so we might not be able to update as regularly.

Much Wicked Clown Love to all of you.
Comment and Subscribe if you enjoy this as much as we do =D
(and that's a whooooooooooole lot ^_^)