Status: We're putting this on hold for a while.

I Think I Might Be Having Your Baby

The Hard Part

Demina's POV

After seeing to Nix I ushered the guys down stairs to breakfast which was probably getting cold. We sat around the dinner table and ate in silence. I fixed a plate and set it aside for Nix, then finished off my food. I took care of the dishes while Shaggy and Monoxide played games and Violent J and Madrox sat in the room with them and watched. Once the dishes were in the sink I walked through the dining room, to the sliding door that lead outside. As I walked behind the couch Violent J grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Is she gonna be ok?" he asked. The others looked to me as well for an answer.

"And what's all this about one of us fuckin her?" Madrox asked.

My eye twitched and I reached over to Shaggy's head and pulled a few of his dreadlocks till he was leaning his head backwards, cussing at me to let go.

"Please ignore what you heard him yell. He was being stupid and insensitive and is going to apologize to Nixi-nix when she wakes up from her nap." I said while smiling and pulling his hair harder.

He was practically climbing over the back of the couch by now, hands on my wrist, trying to pry my fingers from his hair. "Alright alright!!!!" he shouted. I released his hair. "Fuck!!" he grumbled, rubbing his head.

He looked back at me like he was going to do something and I took a step back, opening my arms, daring him to make a move. He just rolled his eyes and picked up his controller just as Monoxide owned his character.

"You cheating mother fucker!!!"

"Bull shit!! You shoulda been payin attention!"

I shook my head and continued out the door. Once I stepped outside I heard a familiar barking.

"Hey sweeite," I said, squatting down to pet Tryxy. She's a beautiful sandy and white Alaskan Malamute that me and Nix have had for years. She was a total sweetheart. I wonder what she was doing that day the guys had to hide and Monoxide came outside........Oh well.

I petted her as cuddled close to me. "Guess what Tryxy," I said in a babying voice. "Your mommy," referring to Nix of course, "is pregnant. And we don't know who the daddy is. No we don't. No we don't." I told her.

"Daaaamn."

I turned around and saw Madrox standing in the doorway. "Are you always this weird?" he asked.

"More or less," I shrugged and turned back to Tryxy who had put her paws on my knees and was poking my cheek with her nose. "Does it bother you?"

He shook his head and went back inside but didn't close the door. As I was outside I heard a familiar rumble approaching. I stood and ran into the house.

"Mama Caprinia's here!!" I announced, running to the door. "She's here she's here!" I pulled the door open as the key turned in the lock. "Mama Caprinia!!"

"Hi Demina!" she said in her high voice that she always used greeting me. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good," I replied in an equally high voice. "How about yourself?"

"I'm doin pretty good pretty good." She stepped inside and walked down the hall. "Hey fellas."

They waved.

"Where's Nixia?" She asked when she didn't see her in the immediate vicinity.

I hesitated and looked over at the guys. They all looked around, then at each other and then back at me and shrugged.

"So you just gonna leave me hangin?" I said.

"What? This ain't our business," Violent J countered.

"What's going on?" Mama Caprinia asked, looking between me and the clowns.

"Yea it is. You've been livin with us for the past few months. Ya'll have been adopted ever since you walked through the door the night we came home from the club."

"Pardon?" I shut my mouth right then and there. "Ok, I really need to find Nixi now." She turned and started heading up the stairs.

"Wait," I called out. "She's sleeping."

"Then I'll just wake her up."

"That's kinda mean," Monoxide commented.

I followed her up the stairs to Nix's room. She pushed the door open and flicked the light on, calling out to her as she walked towards the bed.

"Get up sweetie," she said as she sat on the edge of the bed. "Come on now. You've probably been sleeping all day." She shook her shoulder some. "Get up sleepy head."

"Mih hi dhn whnn," came a mumbled reply from under the covers.

"What?"

" 'But I don't wana' " I translated for her. I had heard that mumbled talk so many times before it was like a second language that we spoke.

Nix sat up right after I said that, realizing that I wasn't the one trying to wake her. She looked straight at me and then suddenly noticed her mother sitting next to her. She let out a squeak/whine that sounded like a crying puppy as she fell over.

"When did you get here?"

"Oh I've been here for the longest."

"Lies!"

"Honest! Haven't I been here the whole time Mina?" She didn't try to hide winking at me while she said this.

"You are a crazy person!" Nix said.

"Am not."

"Are too."

They went back and forth, calling each other names until her mom just cut her off and asked, "Are you ok?"

The conversation went normally after that. I eventually just left the room and went back downstairs to hang with the fellas. Madrox had gone to the kitchen to get something to snack on and Monoxide was outside sitting on the porch smoking.

Shaggy and Violent J sat side by side on the couch watching TV. I went to go sit in the arm chair but Violent J thought otherwise. He pulled me over to him and sat me on his leg, like kids sit on a mall Santa Claus.

"Now what's all the hubub about Lil Nix?"

"Well," I started, but stopped and looked at Shaggy.

He looked at me then behind him and then back at me. "What?"

"Well I figured you would have told him. What with that big mouth of yours."

He sucked his teeth and slouched a little, draping his arms on the back of the couch. Violent J wrapped his arm around my waist and rocked me a little to bring my attention back to him.

"Come on. What's going on?" he asked sincerely.

I looked him in his painted face and was about to spill the beans when I heard a blood curdling scream. Nix had probably just told her mom the news and now she was flipping out.

My blood went cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank You to all of our readers and subscribers.
We love ya'll and hope you'll stay with us through this crazy journey.
MWCL to all you lettes and probably some los who are reading this.
We appreciate your support.

Comment and Subscribe if you wish. =D