The Nighttime is Our Time

1/1

Chris' POV

It’s times like these
That we forget about
Everything
That you’ve ever done


I stood at the door way looking into the mesmerizing emerald eyes of Zoey, my girlfriend of two years. As I stared into her eyes I forgot about all that she had ever done to me. I forgot about all the times she accused me of cheating, all the times she shot me down. I forgot all this because my love for her meant more to me. I hated when we were not talking it hurt me more than anything.

But for Zoey to night was her last chance. Ever though she didn’t know anything she had one last chance to save me. She is every thing to me and it is only her who can save me. But at the same time she is the one who can destroy me.

You are the barrel between my teeth

I let Zoey enter my house. So she could stand a chance at saving me.

“Chris I hate to say this but I don’t think this is working out. You’re in a band while we’re in a relationship.” Zoey said. I couldn’t believe what she was doing. She was going to make me choose between her and the band.

“Zoey I can’t make that choice and you know I can’t.” I spoke thinking of all the blood stains on my streets from the hurt she caused me.

The blood stains on the streets.
You’re everything I need
You’re everything I need


I sat on the sofa, trying to figure out what to do after the bombshell Zoey just dropped. The band was my escape route from reality, but Zoey she caused me to not need an escape route, she was a savior to me as well as the person causing me pain.

Tonight’s the night
We’ll set this on fire
Right before your eyes
This time we’ll get it right

Tonight’s the night
We’ll set this on fire
Right before your eyes
This time we’ll get it right


I decided that tonight I would give Zoey one more chance, her final chance. It was our final chance to get thing right between us, or we would never last. It was time to burn all the old cobwebs away, time for a fresh start.

It’s days like these
That we all lose hope (all hope)
But the best is yet to come
And I know we’re better off
We’re better off alone


As the night continued I realized maybe I was wrong maybe we would be better off alone.

I stopped the mini-make out session with Zoey. I couldn’t make my mind up, I had no idea what was the right thing to do.

“Chris do you love me?” Zoey asked

I hesitated I couldn’t make my mind up. I was stuck in the middle on one hand I love her and never wanted to let her go on the other hand I didn’t love her and she coursed me more harm than good.

As Zoey continued to look at me realization hit me. That better things were to come to us both, but not while we were still together. It wasn’t doing my sanity any good slaying with Zoey.

Tonight’s the night
We’ll set this on fire
Right before your eyes
This time we’ll get it right

Tonight’s the night
We’ll set this on fire
Right before your eyes
This time we’ll get it right


For me and Zoey this was the last night that we were together. The night we set fire to all the present and it forever becomes the past, never to exist again. But no matter what the nighttime was always going to be our time.

The night time is our time
The night time is our time

Tonight’s the night
We’ll set this on fire
Right before your eyes
This time we’ll get it right

Tonight’s the night
We’ll set this on fire
Right before your eyes
This time we’ll get it right
♠ ♠ ♠
670 words.

All opinions welcome especially con-crit.

I know it isn't very good but I had no idea what to write as I had never heard of the song so I gave it my best shot.