Till Death Do Us Part

01

The cold wind blew into the church as all the bridesmaids huddled by the entrance. We all waited our turn to walk down the aisle to meet our fellow groomsmen. My princess curled hair swept in front of my face as I walked hand in arm with the brides brother. After every bridesmaid walked down, the music stopped, the song changed and the bride and her father walked down the aisle. Crystal clear tears cascaded down his face. This was a day I was never going to forget.

Ocean blue tears ran down my cheeks as my brother and new sister said their vows. Her pearl white mermaid style dress, hugged her every curve. Wavy, blond hair glued to her face from her wet cheeks. My gaze shifted to my brother in his black tuxedo, and sparkling pink undercoat, tears dribbling down his face as well. A loud sniff came from beside me, the bride’s sister, wiping furiously away at her tears. It seemed as though everyone was crying that day, even some of the men in the audience, and the ones with black and pink tuxedos.

The slide show flicked across to another picture of the bride and groom. More family members crowded the reception hall, letting everyone’s expensive perfume, and cologne mix. Heavy sobs squeezed my throat closed as a picture of myself and the groom as kids popped up on the screen and slowly faded away. Cousins and brothers hugged me tight and patted my back to lessen my cries, letting me know they were there for me as well.

That day my brother and new sister were joined together, she had her Cinderella wedding, and everyone else got the pleasure to see them united. I choked on a my sobs that night, trying to keep a smile on my face. I was ecstatic about my brother marrying the woman of his dreams, but I couldn't’t help but feel a pang of sadness in my heart, even if he was my brother, he no longer was mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written for an English assignment then I altered it. Give me feedback if you liked.