You, Me, and the iPhone

You, Me, and the iPhone

Alex treated Jack horrible on stage. Nothing about that was new except for the fact that after the show Jack decided to fight baack.

At first what he said was quiet and Alex could barely hear him. The more Alex ignored Jack, the louder he talked.

“It really upsets me when you call me names on stage,” Jack finally said right into Alex’s ear. He backed off a little and looked at Alex.

Alex got an amused look on his face. He made a noise between a scoot and a giggle that just pisses Jack off even more.

“What are you talking about? I call you those names every day,” Alex smirked as he opened the door to the bus and climbed on.

Jack followed behind him with a frown on his face. He shut the door to the bus and looked at Alex sadly.

“Have you ever considered that maybe when you call me names that it hurts me?” Jack asked in a quiet voice.

Alex made the noise again, “You know I’m just joking. Stop being such a prude.”

Jack cringed, “you are such a fucking ass!’ he yelled before he stormed back towards the bunks. He climbed into his bunks and hoped that maybe, it’d pass.

The next couple of days, things were tense between Alex and Jack. They no longer shared glances or smiles on stage (or even interacted for that matter). Once they’d play a set and were off stage Alex would go one way and Jack would head in the opposite direction.

It was one of those days where Jack and Alex were avoiding each other when Alex heard Jack’s phone. It beeped a few times so Alex figured he’d just take it to Jack. He glanced out the bus window and saw Jack standing with an umbrella.

Alex smiled a little and picked up the phone. He walked to the door, opened it, and tripped down the three steps. At the bottom, he let go of the phone and watched in shock as it fell into a deep puddle of water.

Jack turned around just in time to see Alex sitting on the bottom step and his phone at the bottom of the puddle.

“Was that my phone?” Jack asked softly.

Alex’s bottom lip quivered as he kept looking between the phone and Jack. He made a low noise in the back of his throat.

“You’re such a dick! That had everything I needed on it!” Jack picked up the phone and glared at him. “Can you fuck up my life anymore?” he stormed by Alex.

Once he was inside he threw his phone against the wall angrily. Alex pushed himself up from the step and walked onto the bus.

“It was beeping and I was just trying to help,” Alex insisted.

He watched as Jack pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger, “To help? Just stop trying to help,” he grabbed Zack’s hair dryer and rolled his eyes.

Alex watched while Jack tried to dry his phone. He’d occasionally glare at Alex, which just made him feel even more worse.

“I’m going to make this better,” Alex ran a hand through his hair and grabbed his wallet. He walked off the bus slowly.

“Doubt it,” Jack scoffed sarcastically and shook his head as he continued to dry his phone.

Despite the pouring rain, Alex walked to the closest AT&T store. He opened the door and walked in, shivering from the change in temperatures. He could’ve honestly cared less about the fact that he was cold and wet. He just wanted to make Jack happy again.

Alex looked over the iPhones and smiled at the newest one. He pointed to the one he wanted and after the assistant rang it up he handed over his credit card. He took the bag and waited for the receipt and card.

He tied the bag and started to walk back to the bus. He shivered as the rain pelted him. Jack sat at the table and watched Alex as he walked through the puddle covered parking lot.

He stood up when Alex crossed in front of the bus so that he could open the door for him. Alex simply stared at Jack before he walked up the steps. He handed over the bag with shaky hands.

“I t-told you th-that I was going to make it up to you,” Alex shivered and looked down at the ugly carpet.

Jack took the bag slowly and opened it. He grinned when he saw the iPhone box and glanced at Alex. Reality hit him when he saw how hard the other boy was shivering.

“God, get inside. You’re probably going to get sick, Alex.” Jack sighed and tugged on Alex’s waterlogged hand.

“I just hate when I upset you,” Alex shivered and sighed.

A smile came across Jack’s features and he grabbed a towel. He sat down the bag and easily wrapped the white towel around Alex’s shoulders, “go change and I’ll make you some chicken noodle soup. You’re going to be so fucking sick.”

Alex kept his eyes on the carpet as he walked back to his bunk. He counted the steps to where he was going and clumsily fooled with his suitcase.

He changed slowly and grabbed a blanket from his bunk, finding it hard to get warm after being in the cold rain for so long. Jack plugged up his new phone so that it could charge and went to make Alex some chicken and noodle soup.

Alex waited patiently for the soup and got comfortable on the leather couch. He made sure the blankets were pulled all the way to his neck and watched Jack as discreetly as he could. He smiled a little at him when he turned around.

“You know,” Jack walked over slowly and sat down beside of Alex with the soup in hand.

“I don’t know, Jack. What is it?” Alex asked and took the bowl of soup. He watched Jack for a moment.

“Maybe it was meant for you to be a total ass to me and drop my phone in the water,” Jack insisted.

Alex ate a spoonful of soup carefully and pursed his lips together for a second, “why do you say that?”

“Because if you hadn’t…I wouldn’t have been able to say thank you and that I accept your apology. And I definitely, definitely, would not be able to do this,” Jack scooted closer to Alex.

He glanced at Alex’s lips and then connected their lips softly. Alex seemed shock but when he finally had time to react the kiss was over.

“Thanks for the iPhone,” Jack said softly and managed to somehow get between Alex and couch so he could be closer to him.