‹ Prequel: Supernatural Blackhole

Of Gods and Winchesters

The Blister Exists

It seemed so peaceful tonight. The stars were just twinkling merrily in the night sky as I stared up at it. I wondered where Cay was doing up there in the Heavens.

I could feel the tightness of emotion start to choke me every time I pictured his face. The sting of hot tears started to burn my eyes as I tried to hold it all in. I missed my brother terribly but I couldn't join him just yet. Sam and Dean were now my charges to protect.

Thanks Castiel.... I sarcastically told him via the "angel network" as I called it. As with all angels, we can communicate telepathically and there were those rare occasions where a human could pick up on our transmissions.

Suddenly I heard a snap of a twig on the ground. I instantly reached for one of my swords and prepared to pounce on the possible threat. In this day and time, you can't be too sure of what's out there, especially since the fall of Lucifer.

I balanced on the tree limb that I was on and waited for the noise maker to revel itself. As soon as I felt it near, I jumped out of the tree and landed on.......

"Dean!" I wailed in frustration. He chuckled like he always does and wiggled his eyebrows at me while I was still on top of him.

"So, if you want to be on top, that's all you had to say..." He said as he smirked up at me. I sighed sharply and got off of him, putting my sword away. I started to walk away but I felt Dean grab my arm.

"Hey, you're not the only one hurting you know..." I shot him a glare to make him let me go. I knew Sam was grieving but damn it, I was trying to grieve and protect them at the same time. I needed some space too.

"Keep off of me." I jerked my arm out of his grip and started to walk back to the motel that we had gotten. I heard him catching up to me so I clapped my hands and teleported back to the motel.

As soon as I landed, I got this strange feeling that we were being watched. Even though I cast out my senses, it was this strange feeling that I usually associated with Cay but it wasn't him...

Just then I noticed that Sam was sitting outside, by himself looking at the stars as I had just been. I suddenly felt bad that I was in that tree moping when Sam was out here as well. I went to comfort him but that vibe was getting worse and worse but I could also feel something else here and I don't think it was friendly either.

I walked up to Sam and dipped low to his ear so only he could hear me. I whispered instructions for him to get our crap together while I go find Dean. He nodded his head and I got a glimpse of his slightly reddened eyes.

I felt more sadness as I teleported away to save Dean, which by the way, I knew that even he could find trouble in a empty field. When I arrived, my suspicions were confirmed. Dean was fighting with a couple of demons.

I joined in the fight much to therelief chagrin of Dean. We fought them off and I teleported us out of there because I knew that this wasn't just a random meeting. Ever since we'd vanquished Lucifer, we had become a bigger target among demons. They were pissed, very pissed at us that we derailed their plans.

We got back to the motel only to find Sam under attack as he tried to get to the car. We all fought the demons as they all seemed to converge on us. I cleared the way for the brothers to get in the car but they weren't able to get in the drivers side so I teleported in and revved up the car and we left, mowing over demons in the process.

Later on down the road is when I started to slow down. We escaped with only a few cuts and bruises, thankfully.

"Dude, what about all our shit at the motel?" Dean started to grump to everyone. I sighed and hoped that Sam would answer him.

"I already got it..." Sam answered but then they started to bicker, like they always do but here lately, its gotten worse. Finally sick of it, I went to shut them up but what I didn't see was the being that was in the middle of the road.

It stretched out its hand and everything went dark.