Status: Getting off my lazy butt and finishing, keep an eye out for the sequel

Trust Me, Don't Leave Me

Admitting It

~~~~Dougie’s POV~~~~
OK, Liz asked me not to freak out. And I wasn’t going to. I mean, why would I freak out over her being a witch? It was great.
“That is so cool, Liz,” I said. “What can witches do exactly?” She smiled up at me even though her eyes were watery. “Why are you crying?” She wiped a tear from her eye and laughed at it.
“Thank you,” she said, hugging me. “I’m so happy.” She pulled back and took off her glasses, rubbing at her eyes. “I can tell you what we can’t do. We can’t turn people into animals, make things materialize…uh, we pretty much can’t do things that manipulate physical stuff. Our spells pretty much just make us lucky or protect us from evil energies.”
“Can you teach me some spells?” I asked.
“No!” she snapped. “I’ve been a Wiccan for five years now! The first two or three years of that were spent studying the religion! And evil spirits like newbies!” She grabbed my shoulders and tried to shake me. “You’ve got to be crazy to think—”
I interrupted her by kissing her. I’d gotten the picture after the third sentence. She hesitated for a moment before relaxing and kissing me back. When we pulled apart she saw something over my shoulder and froze. Her face got red again, so I looked back.
And I saw that the guys had followed us outside and were watching us. They all looked pleased. And I knew it was because I finally had a girlfriend.
And they didn’t even know the extent of my feelings for her. Not like I was going to say it out loud. Not like I’m gonna say it here.
“Well, you seem to be really serious for not knowing each other for a full day yet,” Grace said.
“Do you crave death?” Liz said, apparently very annoyed. Her death threat should have been funny, coming from a girl and all, but the look in her eyes said she’d meant every word. Then I stood up, tugging on her hand.
“Let’s go back inside,” I said. I looked back at her, expecting to see her stand up at any moment.
“Give me a couple minutes, ‘kay?” she asked instead, reaching out to her little kitten. She needed some alone time, that much was clear.
“OK,” I said. “Be quick, though.” I let her go and led the guys into the house. I was able to resist the urge to go over to the window and watch her. For about two seconds. When I looked she was lying down with the cat on her stomach. Her hand was on the kitten’s back, not really petting it, but the contact didn’t break.
After a few minutes, she stood up and gathered her things, glancing in my direction. When I smiled at her, she looked away as though she’d done something wrong. I shrugged and went to sit on the couch, waiting for her.
Soon the door opened and she was walking over to take the seat next to me. “What now?” she asked as my arm settled on her shoulders. Everyone took on a look of deep concentration as her hand twitched toward the bag at her feet. I heard her stomach growl. She blushed. “I guess I was in such a hurry this morning that I forgot to eat breakfast.”
“Let’s go out to Pizza Hut!” Gio said excitedly.
“What about Star?” Liz growled. “I’m not sending her back when she went to all the trouble of following me.”
“Delivery?” asked Emma.
“Sounds good to me. We should get breadsticks, too.”
“A couple extra-large pepperonis?” Grace said, making sure. We all nodded and she went off to order.
When the pizza and breadsticks got to the house, we all crowded into the kitchen and started grabbing food. While we all shouted back and forth about who would get food first, Liz slipped in and grabbed hers, retreating to the counter by a window quickly. After a couple bites of pizza, she went over to the fridge and grabbed a Mtn. Dew. She ate quietly while everyone was acting crazy. And I couldn’t escape to talk to her. After she finished, she rinsed her plate in the sink and glanced at her watch.
“I should get going,” she muttered in my ear and walked away. I followed her.
“Come over tomorrow, Liz, please?” I said to her. She nodded, smiling back at me. Then she grabbed her things and walked out the front door.
As I watched her leave, I finally admitted it to myself. It had been love at first sight for me. Just seeing her picture had made me fall for her. There was no doubt about it. I was completely in love with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, I need more comments! And, yes, I realize it's disgustingly mushy. Deal with it.
Subscribe Please!
~E.A.G.er to write from the vampiric shadows! -- Kisshu Lover