Status: Getting off my lazy butt and finishing, keep an eye out for the sequel

Trust Me, Don't Leave Me

Liz Stands Alone

~~Dougie’s POV~~
When Liz kissed me, it was quick and short. I watched her leave and then my head slumped against the back of the couch. Did I only imagine the sweetness of the kiss?
Emma sat next to Danny after a few moments. I knew everyone must have witnessed the kiss. Emma was humming some distantly familiar song.
“Hey, Emma,” I said, not looking up, “what are you humming?”
“Oh,” she muttered, probably blushing, “a song from a cartoon movie. I Stand Alone. From Quest for Camelot. It reminds me of Liz.”
Now I looked up. “How so?” I asked, confused.
“Well, she seems like someone who understands others’ worlds but wants no part of them. Independent and alone and…stuff.”
“But isn’t that sung by a guy? I mean, Liz is a girl so it doesn’t fit.” I frowned at her.
“The message reminds me of her, you dope,” she said, giving me a look that said “you’re an idiot.” “And she seems like the type to own a bird of prey like a silver-winged falcon. Or something.” Then she smiled.
My mind kept trying to come up with ways to deny it, but they were all false. She was most definitely the independent type that would totally own a bird of prey. And she was strong and sure, even without looking at something. Her eyes hadn’t wavered from mine when she’d punched me that first day.
And I would always adore her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's totally short. Just wanted to let you guys know I'm not just abandoning this. And also, that song is stuck in my head and it reminded me of her.
Comments Please!
Subscribe Please!
~E.A.G.