Status: Getting off my lazy butt and finishing, keep an eye out for the sequel

Trust Me, Don't Leave Me

A Broken Promise...

~~The Party/Liz’s POV~~
I got dressed just as the last of the guests were arriving. I’d been watching the party from a hidden corner near my room. Dougie and everyone else was here.
So I went back to the room and put on my red dress. It was floor length and had only one strap, over my right shoulder. I put on black gloves, about to my elbows, and a pair of black Mary Jane shoes with my black trouser socks.
This would be the last time I would ever see Dougie.
That thought had been bothering me since I’d told him about the party, since I’d kissed him.
I’d kissed him.
Why had I kissed him? Wasn’t I hurting him enough as it was? Why had I wanted to kiss him and been unable to resist the urge?
For the first time in months, I grabbed the box of my contacts and put some in. This party was not something I had wanted to do in the first place. But it was necessary for my first book.
A tour and a party in England.
I shook my head at my reflection and headed out to the party. The assistant host they had hired was waiting just outside and, at my nod, went in and announced my entrance.
“Ladies and gentlemen,” he called out over the crowd. “I am pleased to present to you our young author, Liz…”
The whooping of the crowd drowned him out when he tried to say my last name. I stepped out into their view and the cheering intensified. The loudest cheering was coming from the front and I looked to see Dougie practically screaming, pumping his fists in the air.
The crazy boy.
Unable to resist, I giggled and winked directly at him. He smirked, returning my wink. I just loved the way he always seemed to…
LOVED?!
But…that was impossible…I’d promised myself…
I managed to hold my happy face on.
*Flashback*
How could he do this to me?
I was so ready to give him my heart, my life. Why? He was so perfect, and yet…not. My nine-year-old heart was breaking. Crying into my pillows that night, I gave an oath. I will never fall in love again.
*End Flashback*
No…no…no. No. No. No! NO!
I can not be in love with him. It’s just not possible. No.

Suddenly, I found myself on the floor with my fans. Dougie had managed to drape his arms around my waist and follow me around. On the outside, I was the perfect hostess, talking to everyone. But inside, I was in utter chaos.
I was not only going to break Dougie’s heart, but also my own. It was already breaking in my chest.
“Excuse me,” I murmured to him and whoever else I was talking to, slipping out of his embrace. Without the tiniest hint as to what I was thinking, I found the women’s bathroom. I went in and stared at my face in the mirror.
A pretty girl with auburn hair, the tips blue and a single blond streak on the right. The perfect dress. But the eyes…my icy shield was gone. My eyes showed directly my horror at what had happened. I had broken the one promise I’d ever made to myself. I’d fallen in love, after all these years, and I couldn’t even stay another full day to experience the happiness of it. Wasn’t love supposed to make a woman glow?
There was no glow in my eyes or the rest of my face.
Only the horror of what I’d done.
Love.
Dougie.

“Liz?” called a now-familiar voice. “What’s wrong?”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, huh? I was gonna wait until she was on the plane back home for her to realize how she feels, but this just sorta...happened, I guess.
Comments Please!
Subscribe Please!
~E.A.G.