Status: Getting off my lazy butt and finishing, keep an eye out for the sequel

Trust Me, Don't Leave Me

Wrong...

~~Dougie’s POV~~
I couldn’t really figure out what was going on with Liz tonight. She hadn’t been really talking to me much, though she let me hold on to her. I shouldn’t worry too much about her and I knew that, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong. This girl was undoubtedly the love of my life. But I was getting the feeling that there was so much more to her than I’d seen and most of it was pain.
So I followed her to…the girls’ bathroom. Shit. Well, there was no way I was leaving her, so I called to her through the door. “Liz? What’s wrong?”
After a moment or so, the door opened and she stepped out, her face just as kind as ever. “Nothing’s wrong, Dougie,” she laughed as though I were completely silly. “What gave you that idea?”
“Oh, cut the crap, I’m not buying it,” I snapped, leading her away from all the guests, into a secluded corner. “Now. Tell me what’s going on.”
“Nothing!” She tried to use that innocent expression on me. “I’m fine, I swear!”
“No, you’re not! And stop trying to pull that innocent crap on me, it’s not gonna work, damn it!” I grabbed at her shoulders, looking into those perfect eyes. “You can tell me. Trust me, please.”
“I’m telling you, I’m fine,” she hissed. “And if I weren’t, there are some things that just aren’t your business.”
I stared at her, dumbfounded.
“But…You can trust me. I swear, you can.” I pulled her close to me, pressing my lips to hers. It was an instant thing that she returned the kiss, throwing her arms around my neck and holding tight. When we finally pulled apart, I murmured, “You know I’ll always love you. Now trust me with your secrets, please.
“I…” She sighed, hugging me almost desperately. “I shouldn’t care about you. But I do. I need to…” Her voice trailed away and she sighed again.
“Why shouldn’t you?” I breathed, holding her tight against my chest. She stayed silent until I led her to the dance floor, hearing a sweet song. “May I have this dance?” I asked, smiling politely.
“Yeah,” she murmured, returning to my embrace. We danced to several slow songs, the DJ clearly seeing that we needed it. My girl, my love, my Liz, is all I could really think through the entire evening.
But it was over too soon. Much too soon, I had to let her go and murmur a sad farewell.
“Can you come over tomorrow?” I asked, still holding her, not wanting to let go.
“I can’t,” she whispered into my ear. “I have to help clean up everything here.”
“Then I’ll see you Monday,” I said hopefully, kissing her cheek. “And we’ll go on an actual date.”
“Maybe…I don’t know…” It seemed that she was hiding something from me.
“Please?” I begged, holding her hands against my chest. “We haven’t been on an actual date yet, Liz…I really wanna go on a date with you. Please?
“We’ll see, OK?” she whispered, going up on tip-toe to kiss me. I kissed her back eagerly, holding her close again. Then I had to leave because the guys were complaining about their suits very loudly.
“I’ll see you on Monday,” I pressed, finally letting her go. “Good night, love.” With that, I turned and left with the guys, glancing back every few moments to look at her. she stayed where she was, waving with a smile.
Why didn’t I get what that meant until too late?
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, I'ma end up having a sequel to this, where...well, you'll just have to read it to find out! I'ma call it...you know, I don't really know yet what it'll be called. I'll decide later.
Comments Please!
Subscribe Please!
~E.A.G.