Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

The following morning, Estelle made her way out of the common room, where she'd fallen asleep, after instructing James, who's fallen asleep on the chair opposite her to go and get Sirius and Peter. She went into her dorm, and gathered a chocolate bar from Honeydukes. Still groggy, the four of them went to the hospital wing to visit Remus.

They found that Remus hadn't hurt himself half as badly as he usually did, and Madam Pomfrey was releasing him earlier than usual.

Estelle gave Remus the chocolate bar.

Smiling, he said, "Thanks," he looked at each other them, "all of you."

Sirius rubbed his eyes, "No problem."

"We'll see you at dinner?" Estelle questioned.

Remus nodded, "Yeah."

Of course, it would've been Wednesday, and their first class of the day was The History of Magic. Before the first twenty minutes of Professor Binns' lecture, Estelle had her face on her desk, James was resting his face on his palm, Peter's face was on his opened book, and Sirius was laying on his arm. They were all asleep.

When the bell sounded, they jolted awake, except for Sirius, who James had to shake awake.

The cool, autumn air brushed their faces when they exited the school to go to Herbology class. The blue sky was peaking through the greying clouds.

"We have to stay awake in this class," Estelle said.

"Thank you for stating the obvious," Sirius grumbled.

"Grumpy?" James questioned, grinning.

"Very," Sirius replied.

"He's bad without sleep," Estelle said.

Sirius glared, "No, I'm really bad when I see you talking to Jasper Bones."

"Oh, not this again," James rolled his eyes.

"Really, Sirius?" Estelle questioned, "I was asking him for the notes from Professor Binns' class."

"Oh..." Sirius said, ducking his head.

"You really need to quit assuming things before you get so nasty," Estelle said.

"So, did he let you see the notes?" James questioned, grinning sheepishly.

Estelle sighed, "Yes."

Sirius shot James a look.

"What?" James asked, "Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean that I don't want the notes."

Peter walked in front of them, finding the outline of the greenhouse to be very interesting.

As the day progressed, and dinner came around, they ended up coming up with a nickname for Peter; Wormtail. With that, they had decided that all of them needed nicknames. The discussion continued that night in the common room.

"Moony," Sirius said looking at Remus.

Remus smiled, "Alright. What about you, Sirius?"

"Padfoot," James said.

Sirius nodded, "That works."

"And we're going to call her Keesa," Remus said.

Estelle furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?"

"It means kitty in German," Sirius said.

"And why do you two know that? It's so random."

"But it's cute," James said.

Estelle made a face.

The five of them settled around the fire in the common room, discussing how exciting it was. Lily kept glancing their way. She must have been suspecting something, because the way they'd been acting was slightly suspicious.

Estelle and Remus had to go and assure her it was nothing.

Regulus was in his third year, and had adapted very well to being away from his brother. After their little talk the previous summer, they hadn't said much to each other. He was very close with Narcissa, who was in her sixth year, and Lucius Malfoy. Sirius hated Lucius about as much as he hated his family. He often described Lucius as looking like he 'smells something bad all the time', and he was quite pleased this was Malfoy's last year.

Halloween came, and the Great Hall was decorated with jack-o-lanterns and bats were flying about. An owl swooped in with the Daily Prophet.

Break Ins & Arson On Diagon Alley

A group of masked and hooded wizards broke into the following shops on Diagon Alley last night: Gamble and Japes, Magical Managerie, Owl Emporium, and Madame Florean Fortecue's Ice Cream Shop. Damages were done by fire on all four shops. One worker at the Magical Managerie was killed; it was closing time and he was on his way out. Only four others were injured, and a large number of animals were.

The culprit wizards are still all unidentified. We do know that they call themselves 'deatheaters'. They are under the command of a man, whose name we cannot speak. The Ministry claims to be on the case and looking for anymore suspicious activity.

All of the owners of these shops are non-pure-blood. This group of dark wizards under the command of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named are after those who are not of pure blood families, squibs, and even muggles. Although, any pure-bloods who stand in their way are likely to be killed as well.

"We have alerted the muggle Prime Minister," says the Minister of Magic, "Muggles are in danger. We highly suggest cation, and we are doing all that we can."


By instinct, Sirius put his arm around Estelle. She looked like she could cry.

Remus scanned the article over and over before believing fully. While Peter was looking nervously at his hands.

"I'm going to Dumbledore," James said. His eyes shifted to Lily.

Sirius nodded.

The five of them rose from their seats and made their way to Dumbledore's office. The gargoyle standing in front stood stiff and still.

"Does anyone know the password?" Sirius said.

James shrugged.

"Peppermint Toad," Remus said.

The gargoyle sprang to life and danced to the side. The stairwell began to rise through the spiral passage. They climbed the stairs, and halted in front of the door. James stepped forward and knocked.

The Headmaster soon greeted them, "James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and Estelle? How may I help you five this morning?"

"We have questions about the deatheaters," James said.

"Oh, I see..." Dumbledore said, "Well, come in."

The office was always as intriguing as the first visit, no matter how many times one had visited it, and for Sirius that was quite a few. Faux the phoenix was perched on his stand.

"Five of you. Hm," Dumbledore looked at his once chair, "No matter." With a flick of his wand, four more appeared. "Now, that's better."

Each of them took a seat.

"Who is in command of the deatheaters?" James questioned, quickly.

"He calls himself 'Lord Voldemort'," Dumbledore said, "Most are afraid to speak his name, but there is no fear in a name. Tom Riddle use to attend Hogwarts over thirty years ago. He was very, very clever but very, very dark. I regret to say, he's risen to a height at which he has gotten followers to do his dark bidding."

"So, am I correct in assuming he's trying to kill off all the non-pure-bloods?" Sirius questioned.

"Yes," Dumbledore said.

"Is this really something we've got to worry about?" James questioned, wearily.

Dumbledore sat back in his seat, "Today; no. Though, what the future holds, I cannot say."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are highly appreciated.