Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Trips to the Hospital Wing

Sirius sat across from Dumbledore inside his office. It was now a fairly familiar place. A young Faux sat on his perch. The portraits were listening intently, especially Phineas Black, Sirius' great-great-grandfather, who would likely be reporting this to 12 Grimmauld Place as soon as the meeting was over. James was on one side of Sirius and Snape was on the other.

"Ms. Grant and Mr. Pettigrew, I do not know what you were doing outside of school at such an hour," Dumbledore began, eyeing them both, "But for now, you two may wait outside my office."

Estelle nodded politely and lead Peter out of the room. As soon as the door shut, the two of them likely put their ears to the door.

"Professor," James began, "I really don't understand what happened here tonight..."

Dumbledore gazed at him, "James, you were not supposed to be outside the school at this hour, or even outside the common room, for that matter. If it weren't for you, Severus may not be sitting here tonight, so luckily for you, it evens out. Although, Severus said you saved him from a werewolf by changing into--"

"A fully grown deer," Snape interrupted.

"Clearly, he was stunned from shock," James said.

"I know what I saw!" Snape exclaimed.

"Now, now Severus," Dumbledore said, "please do calm down."

Sirius lowered his head; This was his fault.

"Now, Sirius," Dumbledore said, "Snape said you--"

"I'm sorry to interrupt Professor," Sirius began, "I'll tell you what I did. I told Severus to go to the Whomping Willow. He kept asking about Remus and I didn't think he would actually go!"

James looked at Sirius in disbelief. "Why would you do that!?"

"i....didn't think about it," Sirius said.

"Wait until Estelle hears about this!" James exclaimed, fuming.

Later that evening, James told Peter and Estelle why Snape was down by the Whomping Willow. None of them would speak to Sirius. James said he wasn't forgiving him until Remus did and Estelle said she might not even forgive him then.

The following morning, Remus woke from a nightmare. He had been briefly informed on what had happened the night before. He felt terrible. Large gashes were across his cheek and along his chest. It had been a rough night without Keesa, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs.

Footsteps echoed through the silent room. Remus raised his head up to see a very unpleasant surprise; Snape.

"Erm, Severus," Remus said.

"I'm not going to tell anyone," Snape said, "You and your little friends think you're so funny, but you're not funny at all. Still, I'm not going to say anything..."

"Severus, I didn't know..."

But Snape had already turned on his heels and skulked out.

Remus sighed to himself.

Another set of footsteps followed. Albus Dumbledore approached Remus' bed.

"Hello, Remus," Dumbledore spoke first, "I assume Madam Pomfrey has informed you on last nights events."

"She did, Professor," Remus replied.

"Now, I do not know how Sirius Black knew how to calm the Whomping Willow," his eyes twinkled, "but even so, I surely don't know why he would tell Severus this information."

"Snape is going to tell," Remus said miserably.

"I don't know exactly what happened with James," Dumbledore said, "but he did save Severus and everyone is okay."

"He's going to tell someone," Remus said, "Then, I'm going to have to leave because parents won't want their children to go to school with a--someone like me."

Dumbledore shook his head, "Severus is not going to tell. He promised me he would not, despite the circumstances."

"You honestly don't think--"

"I trust him," Dumbledore added.

Remus nodded, "If you do, I do."

"Now, I ask you to try and not worry," Dumbledore said, "I will permit a few visitors, since they have been waiting. After that, please do rest up." He gave a smile and went towards the door.

When Dumbledore stepped out, Estelle, James, and Peter stepped in.

"I'm so mad at Sirius!" Estelle exclaimed.

"Me too," James roared.

"We're not forgiving him until you do," Peter added.

Remus nodded, "Thanks..."

"You look terrible," Estelle said, "You need to rest. We'll leave you alone."

"It's alright," Remus said.

"No, you sleep," Estelle said, "We're all to worked up. You don't need to feel our rage. We'll go take it out on Sirius. It's his fault."

Remus smiled a little.

Estelle stormed out first. When she opened the door, she faced Sirius. She groaned and stormed past him. James and Peter followed her without a word to Sirius.

Sirius sighed and continued into the hospital wing.

"Hey, Remus," Sirius said softly.

At first, Remus said nothing. It took him a moment to calm himself enough to speak. "I've been told some things, Sirius."

Sirius nodded, "I'm sure you have. I'm so sorry...Please, please, let me tell my side."

"Alright, I'm waiting," Remus said.

"I saw Snape looking out the window," Sirius began. He proceeded to tell Remus the events, "I didn't think--"

"That's exactly it, Sirius," Remus interrupted, "you didn't think! You never think before you do anything! You just act upon impulse without thinking about the consiquences. Always. You didn't think about what would actually happen if Snape did go. He saw James transform."

"I know, I was there..." Sirius muttered, "It was terrible. The guilt is wracking me, Remus. You're one of my best mates and I'd never do anything to hurt you or anything on purpose. I wouldn't tell anyone! I didn't think even Snape would be dumb enough to go around that Whomping Willow. Please, please will you accept my apology?"

"Of course I will..." Remus said quietly.

"You will?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah..." Remus said, "You have to promise me one thing, though. Just start thinking things out a little better. Especially when it means something, alright?"

"I promise," Sirius replied.

Once the other three heard, from Remus himself, they began speaking to Sirius once again. Estelle had an extremely hard time forgiving him though. He tried to leave her alone and give her time.

It did take a lot for her to forgive him completely.

Sirius was going to the library to look for her because it was very, very late. James and Peter voted Sirius to go. Lupin was on prefect duty, so there was less of a chance Sirius would get into any trouble.

Madam Pince made it very clear that no one was in the library.

He stood outside the library and put his finger to his lips. Now where could she be?

Then, he got an idea, once he heard her voice. "Get away from me!" echoed through the hall.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Stop touching me!"

Sirius took off in the direction of the voices.

"Aren't such a good little witch without Black, eh?"

"Stop it!"

"Silencio!"

Laughter followed.

"Lumos!" Sirius exclaimed. He ran down the corridors. Sounds of spells whipping through the air could be heard. Clanks and bangs...

When Sirius found Estelle, two Slytherins had her by her arms. Lucius Malfoy had his wand pointed at her.

"Expelliarmus!" Sirius exclaimed.

Lucius' wand flew out of his hand.

"Let go of her!" Sirius roared, wand pointed at them.

"Do it," Lucius said, "for now." He reached for his wand as the two Slytherins let Estelle down.

"I dare you..." Sirius muttered.

He waved his wand and noise came back to Estelle. She was hunched over on the floor, breathing heavily. Sirius knelt next to her, "Are you--"

"Sectumsempra!" Lucius said.

A large gash appeared across Sirius' shoulder, pouring blood. Malory didn't look pleased with the result.

Sirius stood. "Impedimenta!" he shouted doubly at the other Slytherins.

"Sectumpra!" Lucius exclaimed again, another gash appeared on Sirius chest.

"Expelliarmus!" Sirius exclaimed.

Lucius' wand dropped. "How very amazing that is," he sneered. "You'll be taken care of soon enough, blood traitor.

"Confundo!" Sirius exclaimed.

Lucius stood in an awe.

Estelle stood and grabbed Sirius' uninjured arm. "Let's go!"

The two of them left the unaware Slytherins to be caught in the hall ways.

"Are you alright?" Sirius questioned.

She nodded, "Yes...I'm fine. But you, what did he do to you?"

"I don't know, but ti won't stop bleeding..."

"We should go to the hospital wing," Estelle said.

"Yeah," Sirius replied, "I'll go. You tell James and Peter what happened."

"No, I'm not leaving you alone," Estelle said firmly.

"Fine, let's hurry it up then, eh?" Sirius said picking up the pace.

They arrived in the hospital wing. By that time, Sirius' shirt was soaked in blood. Madam Pomfrey healed the wounds, quickly enough.

Across the room, Severus Snape was talking to a boy whose head was bandaged.

"Mr. Black, can you tell me exactly what happened?" Madam Pomfrey said.

Sirius repeated the situation, honestly, leaving out no details.

During the story, Estelle had returned with Peter, James, and Remus.

"What was the 'curse' that Mr. Malfoy did on you?" Madam Pomfrey questioned.

"Specta...Sectum...something...Sectumsen--"

"Sectumsempra?" Snape questioned, coming closer.

"Yeah..." Sirius replied.

Snape grimaced and turned on his heel to leave.

"What was that about?" James questioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are very much appreciated.