Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

O.W.L.s

That night, the five of them returned to the common room late. They sat by the fire for awhile, despite the time, discussing the events with Malfoy and Snape's odd behavior. They concluded that none of it could be a good thing. Sirius had his own theory that Snape thought he was going to get in trouble because he had something to do with the curse, so he got away from them as quickly as possible. No one else seemed to have much of a better one. Malfoy was on all of their twit lists.

"You know what would come in handy for things like that?" James questioned.

"A phrat radar?" Sirius questioned.

"Well, that too, but a map," James said.

"I know where everything is. I just didn't know where they were," Sirius said.

"No, I mean like a map that tells you were people are," James said.

"Oh!" Sirius exclaimed, "That would be amazing."

"Then we would've know where Estelle was in the first place," Remus said.

"Yeah, the whole thing could've nearly been prevented," Peter added.

"Well, as much as we sneak around, we know where everything is," Sirius said.

"We could make our own," James said.

"We could," Estelle said.

"And call it The Marauder's Map," Remus said.

After discussing this idea a little more thoroughly, James and Peter went off to bed first.

"Forgive him yet, Estelle?" Remus asked, taking notice that Estelle had her arm clung tightly around Sirius'.

"Yeah," Estelle muttered, her cheeks flushing.

Remus nodded, smiling. "Goodnight," he said and went to the dormitory.

"Thank you for rescuing me," Estelle said quietly to Sirius.

"Mhm," Sirius said. He slipped his arm out of her grip and placed it around her. "I'm just glad you aren't still mad at me."

"Just don't do anything else stupid," Estelle said.

Spring made the snow melt. With O.W.L.s in the coming months, the homework pile was increasing. Still, they were able to find the time to create the Marauder's Map. It was a map of the school showing every singe person inside the building and marking them in their place and showing where they were moving to.

James was making a fool of himself in front of Lily more than ever. She was at the height of her patients and the whole Gryffindor common room often knew it. Peter kept to himself more than ever. He was constantly in the library or studying. Remus was also trying to keep them studying rather than worrying about Lucius hexing half-blood first years. Estelle was on Remus' side, even though her grudge against Malfoy was at an all time high.

Finally, the week of O.W.L.s came around. Warm rain was falling the Monday of Herbology exams. Sirius was ranting on about how he couldn't care less about the stupid subject during break. Tuesday was Potions and they were all sure they were doomed.

"Lily and Snape are the only ones who are going to get an Outstanding," Sirius said in a mocking voice.

James made a face.

Wednesday, they had Care of Magical Creatures which Sirius was highly confident about. Thursday, Remus had an Arithmacy exam, so the rest of them had the day off. They spent the day studying and discussing how mental Remus was for taking that subject in the first place.

Friday there was no exam during the day, but that night. The Astronomy exam began at eleven that night. Estelle was thrilled.

Saturday and Sunday, there was time to breathe, but most of ti was spent studying because Monday they had Charms. Tuesday, they had History of Magic, which Sirius (along with James) fell asleep during.

Wednesday, they had Defense Against the Dark Arts. When the exam was over, they were dismissed.

"Did you like question ten, Moony?" Sirius asked as soon as they left the Great Hall.

"Loved it," Remus replied, "'Give the five signs that identify a werewolf.' Excellent question."

"You think you managed to get all of the signs?" James teased.

"I think so," Remus replied, "One: He's sitting in my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name is Remus Lupin..."

Peter didn't laugh. "I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes, and the tufted tail," he said, "but I couldn't think of what else--"

"How thick are you, Wormtail?" James questioned, "You run around with a werewolf once a month--"

"Keep your voice down!" Remus hissed.

"No one's listening," Estelle assured him.

They made their way out to the sunny grounds to take a seat under the large beech tree on the edge of the lake. James pulled a Golden Snitch out of his pocket.

"Where did you get that?" Sirius questioned.

"Nicked it," James said letting it zoom out of his hand, only to catch it.

Remus pulled out a book. Estelle was next to him and Sirius next to her. Peter was watching James with great interest.

"Put that away, will you?" Sirius said to James, "Before Wormtail wets himself from excitement."

Peter turned slightly pink and made a face.

"If it really bothers you," James grinned.

"I wish it was full moon," Sirius said.

"You might," Remus said darkly. "We have Transfiguration tomorrow. If you're bored, test me." He held out the book.

"I don't need to look at that rubbish," Sirius said, "I know it all."

"I'll test you..." Estelle said taking the book.

"This will liven you up, Padfoot," James said, "Look who it is..."

"Excellent," Sirius grinned, turning his head to see Snape.

Estelle glanced up. "Oh, God..." she muttered. It was obvious their attacks on Snape were beginning to get old to her.

James and Sirius stood, with Peter observing happily. Remus was looking over Estelle's shoulder at the Transfiguration book.

"All right, Snivellus?" James said loudly.

Snape pulled out his wand, quickly.

"Expelliarmus!" James shouted.

Snape's wand flew twelve feet in the air. Sirius barked with laughter.

""Impedimenta!" James said, knocking Snape off his feet while he was trying to reach for his wand.

Several others had surrounded to watch. Peter had gotten to his feet to get a better view.

"...birds can be created using the spell Avis, and flowers with Orchideous. However, It´s impossible to bring a dead person or animal back..." Estelle was reading back loudly to Remus.

"How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" James said.

"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment," Sirius said viciously, "There will be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word."

"You--wait..." Snape was muttering, trying to move but, failing.

"Wait for what?" Sirius questioned coolly, "What are you going to do, wipe your nose on us?"

"Leave him ALONE!" Lily Evans approached the scene. Sirius knew exactly what this was going to turn into. Snape would go on his little way, while James and Lily screamed at each other for ten minutes.

"All right, Evans?" James said.

"Leave him alone," Lily repeated, "What's he done to you?"

"Well, it's more of the fact that he exists, if you know what I mean..." James said.

Estelle tried to concentrate on the question that Remus just asked her.

"You think you're funny," Lily said, "But you're an arrogant, bullying toerag, Potter. Leave him alone."

"If you'll go out with me," James said quickly, "Go out with me and I won't bother him again."

"Honestly?" Sirius sighed to himself.

"He didn't just..." Estelle muttered.

"I wouldn't go out with you if it were a choice between you and the giant squid," Lily said.

Snape had grabbed a hold of his wand.

"James!" Sirius exclaimed at the same time as Estelle, who was unable to focus on the Transfiguration any longer.

It was too late, Snape directed his wand at James. With a flash of light, a gash appeared on the side of James' face. Quickly James turned around and with another flash of light, Snape was hanging upside down in the air.

"Hey! That's the same thing Malfoy did to me!" Sirius exclaimed.

Lily, whose furious expression had twitched for an instant as though she was going to smile, said, "Let him down!"

"Certainly," James said and jerked his wand upward. Snape fell, his robes twisted. Disentangling himself, he got quickly to his feet, wand up, but Sirius said, "Locomotor mortis!" and Snape keeled over, once again, rigid as a board.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily shouted. She had her on wand out now. James and Sirius eyed her wearily.

"Ah, Evans, don't make me hex you," said James.

"Take the curse of of him!"

James sighed deeply, then turned to Snape and muttered the counter curse. "There you go," he said, "you're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus--"

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her!"

Everyone froze.

Lily blinked. "Fine," she said coolly. "I won't bother in the future. And I'd wash my pants if I were you, Snivellus."

"Apologize to Evans!" James roared at Snape, his wand pointing threateningly at him.

"I don't want you to make him apologize," Lily shouted, rounding on James, "You're just as bad as he is..."

"What?" James yelped, "I'd NEVER call you a-- you-know-what!"

"Messing up your hair because you think it looks cool to look like you've just gotten off your broomstick, showing off with that stupid Snitch, walking down the corridors and hexing anyone who annoys you just because you can-- I'm surprised that broomstick can get off the ground with that fat head on it. You make me SICK." That was the first time Sirius had ever noticed a hint of a tear in Lily Evan's eyes. She quickly turned on her heel and hurried away.

"Evans!" James shouted after her, "Hey, EVANS!"

But she didn't look back.

"What is it with her...?" James said, trying but failing to look as though this was a throwaway question of no real importance to him.

"Reading between the lines, I'd say she thinks you're a bit conceited, mate," Sirius said.

"Listening to exactly what she said, I'd say she thinks you're a bit conceited," Estelle added.

"Right," James said, looking furious now," right--" There was another flash of light, and Snape was once again hanging upside down in the air. "Who wants to see me take of Snivelly's pants?"

"Will you just stop it!? Estelle exclaimed. "Honestly, James, he's pathetic and he knows it. Let him be. Let him skulk in his corner, like he always does."

Slightly taken aback by Estelle's comments, James let him down.

Estelle moved closer to Snape, with her wand held in defense, just in case, "What is that curse you used to bloody James' face?"

Sirius behind her, holding his wand too.

"I'm not telling you," Snape said darkly.

"Well, we'll be sure to tell Dumbledore about it!" Estelle exclaimed as he stood, "Using dark magic and calling people Mudbloods. That doesn't look good around here! I suggest you go somewhere else. Not so brave without Lucius, are you?"

Snape sent her a death glare before skulking off.

"I was a bit confused there, Estelle," James said, approaching, "I didn't know whose side you were on."

"I'm NOT on anyone's side!" she exclaimed.

"Come on, Estelle," Remus said, pulling her arm back towards the castle. He was attempting to stay neutral and keep anyone else from being hexed that day. For just a moment, Sirius thought he had other motives, but quickly pushed that thought out of his head.

"Girls..." James muttered.

"And why do we have to get caught up in the mental ones?" Sirius said.

James gave a half-smile.

Thursday, they all excelled in Transfiguration. And Friday, Sirius, James, Peter, and Estelle took their Divination exam, completely sure that they were not taking the N.E.W.T. level class.

Saturday, everyone celebrated the end of exams. Sirius and James got Butterbeer from Hogsmeade through one of their passageways with the invisibility cloak and the Marauder's Map. Remus tried to hold a protest, but was ignored.

Before the night was over, Sirius had talking Estelle into 'going on a walk'. They found an empty classroom to avoid publicly displaying their snogging.

Estelle sat on a desk, Sirius leaned down to kiss her. As the kiss deepened, Estelle's knees clung to Sirius' thighs. His hand wondered up her bare thigh (which was totally her fault for having on a skirt!) His lips moved to her neck.

"You know," Estelle said smirking, "you're at a very fine line of pushing your luck."

Smiling, Sirius moved his hands to her cheeks and gave her a small kiss. "Alright, then."

"Now, your range of luck might be wider if we were to be in an exclusive relationship...."

"But you don't want to upset my family, yeah, yeah..." Sirius muttered, "I know."

Estelle sighed "I want to be with you. Really...I just can't let myself be the blame of your being in danger."

"I'll be waiting for the day you change your mind," Sirius said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I totally DO NOT claim a big chunk of this chapter. I owe it to JKR, I just added a few things. Not mine, disclaimerdisclaimerdisclaimer.
Snape's Worst Memory. I think it's probably one of James' worst memories too.
I did a pretty good job leading up to and following up to it...
Anyway, comments?