Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Gringotts Vault

When Sirius woke, it was still dark out. Estelle was still next to him, with one arm draped across his chest, He smiled and kissed her forehead.

She blinked her eyes opened.

"Sorry," Sirius said, "I didn't mean to wake you."

She kissed him softly, "It's okay."

A smile formed over his lips, again. "As much as I'd love you to stay," Sirius said, "I don't think Mr. and Mrs. Potter are going to approve."

Estelle nodded, still smiling.

"Are you...okay?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah," she replied, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"...I don't know," he muttered.

She touched his cheek with her finger tips, "Well, it's okay."

"I love you," Sirius said.

"I love you, too," Estelle said. She gathered her things and went back across the hall.

Even though it was early, Sirius never went back to sleep. He starred at the ceiling smiling, and taking in Estelle's sent, deciding that is reminded him of a meadow. He mentally slapped himself in the face for thinking like a girl.

As the summer progressed, O.W.L. scores arrived, as well as school lists soon after. They made plans to visit Diagon Alley on the same day.

Sirius decided on taking Transfiguration, Charms, Care of Magical Creatures, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions. He had no idea what he was going to do with those classes, but Professor McGonagall didn't argue. Estelle signed up for Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Astronomy, Potions, and Herbology. Remus was taking the same classes as Estelle, except he had Arithmacy instead of Astronomy. James had the same classes as Sirius, but had Herbology in the place of Care of Magical Creatures. Peter signed up for the same classes as James.

They'd all ended up with free periods this year, but found that most of their free time was taken up with studying. A lot of times, even though he wasn't supposed to (but since when did Sirius follow the rules?), Sirius would go with Estelle to the Astronomy Tower to do homework. She hated to love when he did because the visits usually turned into snogging that distracted her from her work.

Sirius Black having an actual girlfriend spread like nothing else. Estelle felt many envious girls glaring at her when she walked down the corridors, holding hands with him.

The first full moon was kind of odd to get back into sync with. Watching Remus' terrible agony while shifting never got any easier. The morning after was almost as unenjoyable.

Regulus Black wouldn't even look at his brother.He and Narcissa had become rather close. To Sirius' great pleasure, Lucius Malfoy was gone.

More deaths and disappearances were appearing in the Daily Prophet alongside precautionary tips to staying safe.

Inside the common room, Estelle and Lily were gossiping with two other girls; Amelia Sanson and Rosalie Dawson. Sirius caught Estelle's eye and winked. She grinned and turned back tot he girls to talk.

"Girls..." James said, watching the bunch of girls as if they were an experiment. "They make no sense."

"No, mate, Evans just doesn't make any sense," Sirius said.

"So, you and Estelle, like honestly?" James asked.

Sirius furrowed his eyebrows, "Yeah."

"I told you," Peter said.

"Oh, like you ever know anything, Wormtail," James replied.

"Wormtail here is a lot more observant than you," Sirius said, "You're too busy trying to get a glance up Lily-flower's skirt."

James flushed, "So, male slut, Sirius Black is tied down now?" He snickered.

"I was running out of girls," Sirius teased.

"A new lot every year."

"Yeah, but we get older, too, mind you."

James laughed.

"So, you're really taking you and Estelle seriously?" Remus asked.

Sirius nodded, "Of course."

"Well, Padfoot, you aren't really know for official relationships," James said.

"I love her. It's different."

"Awwww," James exclaimed and pinched Sirius' cheek.

"Stop it!" Sirius growled, smacking James' hand out of the way.

Now that James had quit asking her our everyday, Lily seemed to be a lot nicer to him.She was sitting with James and Peter during potions. Snape usually skulked all class.

The first Hogsmeade weekend, Sirius and Estelle went for a walk. They walked along the houses, with a cool autumn breeze touching their cheeks. They reached a view of the Shrieking Shack.

"If you squint," Estelle said, "it does look a little scary."

Sirius smiled and kissed her.

After a completely comfortable silence, they headed back tot he Three Broomsticks to find James, Peter, Remus and Lily at their booth. Sirius had decided he could get along with Lily...for James.

"Hello, Lily-flower," Sirius said.

She rolled her eyes.

The following morning at breakfast, James and Sirius sat together.

"So, not bugging the snot out of Evans is finally working?" Sirius asked.

"Well, we're getting along. That's a good start," James said, "and she already likes Keesa, Moony, and Wormtail. So, that's good..."

"Yeah, it is," Sirius replied snickering, "Lily-flower isn't so bad now that she's not defending ole Snivilly."

"Will you stop calling her that?" James said.

"Why?"

"It annoys her."

Sirius sighed, "Come on, Prongs! I have to be annoying to someone."

The owl post came, and an unfamiliar owl landed in front of Sirius' plate. Wearily, Sirius took the letter.

Mr. Sirius Orion Black,

A large portion of money has been added to your personal vault at Gringotts Bank. Mr. Alphard Black's will requested you receive everything from his vault.


Sirius looked over the paper several times before he believed it. His Uncle had left him everything. They weren't all bad. They didn't all hate him.

When he looked up, he found that several more owls were at his plate.

By the end of the morning, Sirius was informed his Uncle had died and left him everything, since he had no children. He had also learned that his mother found out, because she sent him a nasty howler warning him to never come back to 12 Grimmauld Place, under any circumstance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it took me a bit to update, sorry about that. (: