Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Annoyances

Sirius had a wonderful first year. Nothing special happened. He retained his friendship with James, Remus, and Estelle. Peter was sort of a tag-along, but he was still alright. Sirius and James weren't too hated by Lily, since she was good friends with Estelle and Remus. They were quite hated by Severus Snape though.

Summer was a drag though. It seemed to be so much longer than Sirius ever would've dreamed. September first seemed so far away. Spending everyday being lectured about the kind of people to place yourself around was torture. Luckily, he got an owl from James inviting him there for a few weeks. Sirius packed up and went.

--

When September first approached, it wasn't nearly as nerve wracking as the first time. Bellatrix was still skipping around acting like the perfect cousin until she actually boarded the train. Narcissa had gotten over following Bella around all the time, now that she had Lucius Malfoy and his friends to tag around with.

On the train ride, James stayed annoyed the whole time because Lily was sitting with Snape. He complained the whole way there about it. Peter stayed to himself, as did Remus. Sirius joined in with the insults about Snape, and even dared saying some about Lily.

James had a knack for Quidditch and made the team when he tried out. He ended up being the Chaser for Gryffindor.

"Oh, James Potter is the Gryffindor chaster," Bellatrix grinned, "Well our team has one the House Cup for many years.."

"Yeah, what? Two. Big deal," Sirius snapped.

Bellatrix laughed, "We'll see Potter fall on his face."

Gnawing on her lips to keep from saying something, Estelle rolled her eyes.

"Mudblood, have you something to say?" Bellatrix cocked her head to the side.

"Shut up," Estelle said quietly.

"Mudblood! Mudblood!" Bellatrix chanted smiling.

"Leave her alone," Sirius said. It was always this. It always turned into this.

"Let her stick up for herself," Bellatrix said. "Filthy little, pathetic mudblood!"

"Shut up!" Estelle exclaimed.

"I'll teach you a little lesson," Bellatrix said pulling out her wand.

"Ms. Black?" Professor McGonogal said rounding the corner, "you're in your seventh year, I believe you know the rules about using magic in the corridors."

"Oh yes," Bellatrix said, "I was simply showing my cousin here how to properly swish-and-flick, making sure he was doing it right."

McGonogal gave her a, I don't believe a word you just said, so I suggest you move along look. She and Bellatrix went on their ways.

"Bitch..." Sirius muttered watching Bellatrix turn her head to glare at him.

--

On Halloween, Remus Lupin returned the Hogwarts from his usual monthly disappearance. Sirius had noticed, and wondered if anyone else had. No one was allowed to leave Hogwarts except during breaks. It had to be something serious. When he asked Remus about it, he said his mother was sick.

--

The next month, he disappeared again and returned with a scratch plainly across his cheek. When Sirius asked what happened, Lupin replied, "Cat."

That night, James sat studying his Herbology book, quietly, for once. He actually was studying. Lily was on the opposite end of the common room, also studying.

Sirius came in and plopped down next to James. Only glancing at him for a brief second, James returned quickly to his book. Sirius sighed heavily.

"What?" James asked.

"I need to talk to you," Sirius said.

"Go somewhere, Evans," James looked at Lily.

"Who do you think you are?" Lily snarled. "Just because you're on the Quidditch team you think you own the place?"

James rolled his eyes, ignoring her. "What, Siruis?"

"Have you noticed that Remus keeps disappearing every month?" Sirius said quietly.

"Yes, it's hard to miss one of your best mates gone for two days," James replied rather loudly. "His mother's sick."

"James, will you shut up!" Lily said.

"Go to the library if you want quiet." James snapped right back.

Sirius moved in closer to James, "I think he's lying." He whispered.

"Why would he lie?" James said quietly.

"I don' t know, but I plan on finding out."

--

During the winter, a thick blanket of snow covered Hogwarts' grounds. Sirius and James were throwing snowballs vigorously at Snape. Remus stood in the background holding back laughter while Snape held his arms up as a sheild. Estelle only found this slightly amusing, and Peter barely noticed because he was reading a potions book. He was extremely paranoid about Professor Slughorn's exams that were months away.

"Hey!" Snape would call, "knock it off! I said STOP!"

Then, Lily Evans rounded the corner. "You two leave him alone!"

Sirius dropped the snowball he was getting ready to throw and sighed. James cocked his head to the side.

Snape stood in the background dusting snow off of his robe. "Thanks Lily, but I didn't need your help," Snape sneered.

Lily looked hurt, and James noticed. He glared at Snape, "Nice way to thank her."

"Yes Potter, and you win the award for nicest to her, for sure," Snape said.

"Best be on your way, Snivillus," Sirius snarled.

Skulking, Snape went on his way.

"Must you suck the fun out of everything, Evans?" Sirius questioned, facing Lily.

Lily crossed her arms.

"Oh, lighten up you two," James said, "it's nearly Christmas."

"Shut up, James," Lily said and stormed off. James went after her.

Sirius crossed his arms and faced Lupin, "Can you believe that?"

Remus shrugged.

"For whatever bizzare reason, Lily is Snape's friend," Estelle said, "of course she's not going to let you guys drown him with snowballs."

Remus rolled his eyes, of course Estelle had something to add when she wasn't being addressed.

"I told you to leave me alone, POTTER!" Lily shrieked.

--

Sirius had signed up to stay at Hogwarts during the Christmas break. He didn't really want to return home. Last Christmas, the whole dinner ended up being a speech about why only pure-bloods should be allowed to use magic. Estelle also signed up to stay at Hogwarts because she was curious. Nearly all the other Gryffindors were going home. But so were Sirius' cousins and a holiday without them would be perfect.

"Sirius, wake up!" came the voice of Estelle through the dormitory.

"You're not supposed to be in here," Sirius said, groggily.

"Wake up! It's Christmas," she yelled.

"Hmm, Happy Christmas," Sirius said pushing the blankets away and following her to the common room.

Only two other Gryffindors were there, Allison Sanson and Jasper Bones. Everyone exchanged "Happy Christmas" and passed the presents that were under the tree to their owners.

Sirius ended up with loads of chocolate frogs from Peter, Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans and a book called Magical Fliers from Remus ("Of course he'd buy us books!" Estelle had said).

Dear Sirius,

I remembered you were talking about taming a phoenix last month. So, I found this book and it's all about birds and other flying creatures. This may serve as some entertainment on a rainy day. And I knew I couldn't go wrong with the Every Flavor Beans.

Happy Christmas,
Remus Lupin


Sirius was actually thrilled that anyone listened to him going on and on about that.

James had attached a note to a Sneakscope.

Happy Christmas Sirius!

Mum and Dad insisted on visiting France this Christmas...ugh. I thought about how much more fun it would've been if you were along. This is a Sneakscope, in case you didn't know. If it goes off (and you'll know what I mean!) someone untrustworthy is around. I got it here in France, so it's...exotic? Let me borrow it sometime, of course.

Sincerely, James


Sirius smiled and placed the crystal with him pile of sweets and the book. A pouch full galleons came from his parents.

Estelle handed him a nice, big quill.

"Calling me stupid?" Sirius teased.

When dinner time approached, the four Gryffindors made their way to the Great Hall. Twelve large decorated trees were in the room. A single table was in the center of the hall, due to the small amount of students and teachers. Sirius took pleasure in observing none of his family was present. This was the best Christmas he'd ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Lily hates James. (:
Sirius is all about finding out why Lupin's leaving.

Comments, suggestions, predictions. I love it all!
<3