Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Warmer Weather

When the weather broke, the five of them decided to spend a non-full moon night outside. It was mainly Sirius' idea. Even though Sirius found it much more difficult to make his way through the dark grounds as a human. Still, they found their way under the breech tree by the lake.

The small amount of light from the waning half-moon reflected on the lake. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Sounds of bugs and frogs could be heard, but nothing more.

"I never realized the beauty in a nice, clear, starry sky before," Sirius said grinning at Estelle.

She rolled her eyes.

Laughing, Sirius lied down and put his head in her lap.

"I wonder what else lives inside that lake," James wondered aloud, gazing over the rippled reflection of the starry sky.

"The Giant Squid is enough information to make me not want to ask," Peter said.

"There are probably Grindylows," Remus said.

"Merpeople," Sirius added.

"Merpeople?" James said, "Really?"

"Yeah," Sirius replied.

"Seems possible," Remus said.

"I've heard Dumbledore can speak Mermish," Sirius yawned.

"Aw, ickle Sirius stayed up too late?" James asked.

"Oh, shut up," Sirius chuckled.

Smiling Estelle stared out over the lake.

"Say, Wormtail," James said, "everything alright?"

"Hm?" Peter began, "oh, fine."

"You've been a bit quiet," Sirius added.

"Nothing to say," Peter replied, shrugging.

"Well, if you need us, we got your back, mate," James said.

"Always," Remus added.

"Same way you have ours," Sirius said.

"Thanks guys," Peter looked at the lake.

Soon, the sounds of Sirius snoring could be heard along with the sounds of the wildlife. Estelle had to wake him so they could sneak back in before dawn.

James was in the lead, map in hand. "Filch!"

"Nox."

"Mischief managed!"

"Shhh!"

"Nox!"

Successfully, they made it back to bed without being seen. It had become a specialty of theirs, much against Remus' better judgement. Estelle climbed in bed with Sirius, finding herself to be as sleepy as he was.

During the last Hogsmeade weekend of the year, Sirius had a plan of his own for he and Estelle. Without telling, or any sort of warning, the two of them just sort of disappeared, so the others thought.

They'd actually gone off to the Shrieking Shack. It wasn't the most romantic setting one could think of, but ti was a good idea for the time being.

"We were due this alone time," Estelle said, smirking.

Sirius grinned the usual devilish grin he had when he was thinking of doing something mischievous. "So, when we're done here, Moony won't be the only reason it's called the Shrieking Shack," he said pulling Estelle closer to him.

She felt her cheeks go red. "Lovely joke," she said, "really classy."

Before kissing her, Sirius let out a chuckle.

Summer had nearly come upon them. James and Sirius found sneaking out on non-full moon nights to be their favorite warm weather activity. Until, of course, they got caught. Flich had managed to come upon the five of them coming back in because James forgot to look at the map.

"Turn out your pockets," Filch had demanded, "Ah, what's this?" he asked and snatched the map from James' hands.

"Bare bit of parchment," James replied.

"Well, I'll be sure to keep it. I can fell the dark magic on it," Filch said.

Sirius rolled his eyes, "How?"

And that had gotten them detention for the following week. The following week was the last of term, and after enduring that, they were pleased to leave.

Although, while riding back home on the train, Sirius found himself slightly depressed that the following year would be their last. Still, he continued discussing the summer plans with the rest of them. He felt good knowing he was going directly home with James and didn't have to be put through even one torturous week of summer with his family. When they reached the station, he happened to get a look at his mum picking up Regulus. She didn't even glance at him.

With a big, long hug and kiss, Sirius said goodbye to Estelle. That part was rough, even if going home with the Potters was more comforting.

The first investment Sirius made with his newly acquired large sum of money was, buying a muggle motorcycle. Mrs. Potter wasn't entirely thrilled with the idea. James simply added to Sirius' enthusiasm by suggesting enchanting it to fly.

When July came around, Sirius kept his promise to Estelle and her family to come and meet them. he came, like a muggle on his motorcycle.

Estelle was standing wide-eyed in the yard when he pulled up. "Wonderful first impression," she she said once he embraced her in a hug.

Sirius beamed, "Did I forget to mention that purchase?"

"Yes," Estelle said and kissed him.

The front of the house had flower beds surrounding it. The house itself was small and rather old looking. It sort of reminded him of a doll house.

"Shall we go inside?" Estelle asked.

For once, Sirius actually felt nervous. He put his arm around her and did his best to pretend he wasn't, "We shall."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments. (: