Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

True Friends and Love Of All Kinds

The fire crackled inside the common room, as Remus sat on his own reading. James and Lily came through the common room hand-in-hand. James paused.

"Are you sure you don't want to go with us? We're probably going to end up at The Three Broomsticks anyway," James said, "It's got to be better than sitting here."

"I already told you, Prongs," Remus said without looking up, "It's Valentine's Day. You go do couple things. I'm fine right here."

James shrugged, "Alright, fine." He and Lily continued through the portrait hole.

Not far behind them, Sirius and Estelle were giggling and elbowing each other. Sirius stopped in front of Remus.

"Are you really going to sit here and read all day?" Sirius questioned.

Remus shrugged, "Probably."

"Come on, Moony," Sirius said, "If you go with us to Hogsmeade, it's almost guaranteed there's a girl there without a date. You can be her date."

Smiling, Remus shook his head, "Go on."

"Well, obviously, you have better things to do," Sirius said, "we'll leave you then."

"Bye, Remus," Estelle finished.

Remus waved in return and watched them leave.

Sirius picked Estelle up from behind.

"What are you doing!?" she exclaimed.

"Seeing how much I can get on your nerves."

"Always," Estelle replied.

"Alright, fine," he put her down and looked toward the stairwell, "Want to take a short cut?"

"Sure," Estelle said, "One-eyed witch."

"Where else is there?"

"I thought you had something in mind."

"Just precisely what you've said," Sirius replied grinning. He took her hand and the two of them made their way to the One-Eyed Witch statue. As they climbed through the passage, they never let go of each other's hand.

James and Lily were inside Madame Puddifoot's having tea, in an attempt to make it more "romantic". It wasn't James at all. Estelle and Sirius had made it through the passage, only to start snogging in Honeyduke's cellar. It sort of happened by accident.

"Let's get out of here before someone catches us," Estelle muttered between a kiss.

"Fine..." Sirius grumbled.

Estelle smiled and started up the stairs, Sirius close behind.

"Want to go throw snowballs at Slytherins? Ruin some dates?" Sirius questioned after they'd purchased chocolate bars for Remus.

"Sounds like a date," Estelle said.

The two of them wandered down the street, with a light snow falling.

"I still hate Valentine's Day," Estelle said, "When you're a couple, it's no different from any other day."

Sirius nodded, "You're right. Not now anyway. I mean, at school, what can I honestly do romantic for you?" Sirius flicked his wand and a bouquet of roses appeared in his hand. "This is about the extent of it." He hand them over to her with a kiss on the cheek.

She smiled, "Thanks."

"You reckon Moony's up to something?" Sirius asked.

Estelle shrugged, "Maybe he just wanted some time to himself."

"Maybe," Sirius said. He spotted Madame Puddifoot's and grinned widely. "C'mon," he hissed. He pulled Estelle by the arm around to the side of the building. She went along with him, as he rounded up snow balls.

He crept quietly to the edge of the building and peeked around the side. There was, indeed a couple snogging. Sirius grinned. He lifted his arm and began to launch the snow ball.

"Padfoot!" James called.

Sirius tilted his head back and sighed. He turned around and saw James and Lily standing looking toward them, "Prongs."

"What are you doing?" Lily questioned.

Sirius dropped the snowballs, "I was going to throw snowballs at Slytherins snogging, but it seems as if that plans been given away."

The Slytherin boy that had been snogging the girl behind the building rounded the corner and glared at him.

"Well, I'm not going to do it now," Sirius said, "Whatchu gawking at?"

Estelle rolled her eyes, "Want to go have a butterbeer?"

"I have a better idea," Sirius said, "Let's go buy some butterbeer and take it to Remus."

"That sounds excellent," James said.

While inside The Three Broomsticks, they found Peter, who wasn't with his date. So, the five of them gathered butterbeer and took it back to Hogwarts through the One-Eyed Witch passage. Once they finally reached the common room, they placed the butter beer on two round tables.

Remus looked up, "What are you doing?"

"Since you wouldn't go to Hogsmeade, we brought it to you," Estelle said, tossing him a chocolate bar.

He caught it, "You didn't have to--"

"We didn't have to do a lot of things--" Sirius began, but was cut off by James.

"We wanted to."

Remus smiled, "Thanks."

Lily sat next to him, James beside her. Peter moved a chair closer, and Sirius did as well. Estelle squeezed in the chair next to Sirius.

"To True friends and love-- of all sorts," Sirius said raising a butterbeer.

"Cheers," they all said, before taking a drink of butterbeer.

On the first day of spring, the wind was whipping. The copy of the Daily Prophet came late. The headline was Keeping Yourself Safe Inside Your Home Estelle skipped through the first few pages. Everything was becoming increasingly redundant. Until her eyes her eyes fell upon an article.

Daphne Danvers: Lying For Escape?

The recently captured accused death eater, Daphne Danvers. was released from the Ministry's hold. Two days later, she disappeared entirely. Her story was very vague. The names that she gave us, we already had. She says she was rescued, but evidence shows she was captured.

There is no way to prove that she was under a curse while she committed these crimes. No one has claimed to know who she is, even in her native country of France. Therefor, there is no proof of her previous life. Was she always interested in the dark arts? From our only sources, it seems possible.

Professor Olympe Maxime, who attended Beauxbaton around the same time Daphne did, and is now the Charms professor, has this to say, "She was never the friendliest of girls. She was always one of the class know-it-all as well." Unfortunately, we could not contact the Headmaster during Daphne's time, Madame Margaux Skeffington. We did continue speaking with Maxine though. "I remember the teachers placing her in detention quite often."

The very small lead we have on her past does not look good. This whole situation seems to be very fishy. The wizarding community should be cautious of this to-little investigated dark witch.

Article by Rita Skeeter


Estelle put the paper down. She was silent, but her mind was racing. Quickly, she shot up from her seat.

Sirius looked down at what she'd been reading. After scanning the article, he raced after her. She was practically running to the Gryffindor Tower. He called her name, but she pretended not to hear him. She was soon lost from sight.

After climbing through the portrait hole, there was no sign of Estelle int he common room. Sirius made his way to the girl's dormitory. He found Estelle's dorm easily, having followed her there on more than one occasion.

She was lying on her bed, journal opened, but no quill in hand. When she heard Sirius enter, she looked up, with a tear-stained face.

"Estelle, love..." Sirius said. He sat on the bed next to her and put his hand on her back.

She sat up. "She left my father to be a death eater!" Estelle spat.

"We don't know--"

"Did you read the article?"

"I did," Sirius said, "But I think it was full of rubbish. There wasn't anything we didn't already know inside it. Just because your mother was in detention didn't woman she's a death eater. How many times have you and I been scrubbing trophies and filing our own referrals? That Skeeter woman doesn't know what she's talking about. She's just trying to catch other people's attention."

Estelle wiped her face, "I hardly know what to believe."

"That's why we're going to find her," Sirius said, "Find her and question her."

"What if the article was right?"

"We're wizards. We'll figure it out."

Weeks later, the Marauders were outside, lying out on the grass under the large beech tree by the Black Lake. Not many others were in sight. A few Hufflepuff girls were sitting by the lake. One nosey Slytherin was sitting by his usual bush. Three second years were throwing rocks into the lake.

"I have an announcement to make," James said, closing his potions book.

Sirius looked up, "What, Prongs?"

James adjusted his glasses, "I think I want to...ask Lily to marry me."

"Really?" Sirius questioned.

"Blimey, James," Remus said.

"Yeah..." James replied.

Estelle raised her eyebrows, "That's actually quite lovely, James."

"You think so?" James asked, "I mean, I really should?"

"How long have you been thinking about this?" Remus said.

"I've always sort of imagined it in the back of my head," James said, "but, you know, with all this talk of leaving school and going out into the world, I know I want to be with her when I do that. My mum adores her. I've been in love with her since the day I met her."

"I'm behind you, mate," Sirius aid, "If that's what makes you happy."

James nodded.

"She loves you too, James," Estelle said.

James smiled.

The nosey Slytherin moved from his spot within earshot of the Marauders. He rushed inside the castle.

The wind picked up, blowing Estelle's parchment from her book. She cursed and watched it race toward the castle.

"I'm going to try to fetch that. It was half my essay," she stood and raced closer to it. "Accio essay!" she exclaimed, hoping for the best. It dropped to the ground as the wind slowed. She rushed toward it.

When she reached it she bent down and picked it up. When she straightened up, she caught the site of Severus Snape moving quickly toward the doors.

Sirius made his way down the corridor, held high. It wasn't like Sirius to show that he had any kind of weakness. No one could tell that his heart was slightly damaged. Certainly no one could tell he missed his little brother.

His books were clutched tight at his side.

Approaching on the opposite said of the hallway was Regulus Black. He was alone, for once. His eyes were on the ground.

While Sirius was used to ignoring him, part of him wanted to talk. That part of him won.

"Regulus," Sirius said.

His younger brother looked up, eyebrows shoved together. When he saw who was speaking to him, his expression loosened to a more quizzical look. He continued forward.

Exhaling heavily, Sirius stepped closer to his brother's side of the hall. They stopped a foot away from one another. Their eyes met, both grey. Regulus was now as tall as Sirius.

"What do you want?" Regulus asked.

"Look, Regulus, I know what you're doing," Sirius began, "There's still time for you to change your mind, I can help you."

For a very brief second, Regulus looked as if he considered that offer. His eyes flickered with a hint of sadness, reaching out for help. He looked very, very vulnerable.

Suddenly, he barked with a laugh similar to their father's, "I don't want your help."

"I'm still your brother, Reggie."

Regulus scoffed, "You're no brother of mine." He pushed past Sirius and continued down the corridor.

The words pierced him like a knife, right to the heart. Sirius' lip threatened to tremble. His eyes laced with tears.

"YOU BLOODY COWARD! THAT'S ALL YOU ARE!" Sirius yelled after him, "BOW TO YOUR DARK LORD! SEE IF I CARE! YOU'LL BE THE ONE DEAD IN THE END!!"

Regulus didn't turn to look. His eyes focused forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! I got an update this weekend. Comments, please?