Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

The Wedding

The morning of James and Lily's wedding, Sirius was pacing his living room while James was sitting on the couch, biting his nails. Time was speeding by, even as they sat ding nothing, not even speaking. They were both to nervous to speak.

"Will you stop it," James said.

Sirius halted, "Sorry."

Estelle had left hours ago to go be with Lily. She was to be the Maid of Honor. She was extremely excited, no nervousness could be detected. It probably wasn't even there.

"How was Lily this morning?" Sirius asked.

"Wouldn't know," James replied, "I can't see her until the wedding. Some stupid rules."

Sirius made a face. He unknowingly started pacing again.

"What time is it?" James asked.

"Twelve on the dot."

"Blimey," James leapt up, "We should go."

"You're getting married," Sirius said.

"In three hours," James added.

Sirius hugged James so tight it nearly knocked the breath out of him, "Got it...Padfoot, oww."

Estelle stood next to Lily, looking into the large mirror.

"You know my mum is trying to make me where a corset like they did 50 years ago," Lily laughed.

"Oh good lord," Estelle said, "like James would be able to figure that out."

Lily gave her a look, blushing, "I was actually thinking more about me being able to breathe. But, that's a good point."

"Never in my life-time, ever."

Lily smiled, "It's not really me either."

"What's not you, my dear," Mrs. Evans asked.

"A corset," Lily replied, flatly.

"Oh, alright," Mrs. Evans said, "You have a nice figure anyway."

Lily rolled her eyes.

"You do!" Estelle agreed, "Lovely Lily."

"Can you two just stop?" Lily asked.

"It's dress time, dear," Mrs. Evans said.

"You're getting married!" Estelle exclaimed.

"I know," Lily beamed, "I need you to do me a favor. Go across the hall and make sure those boys have gotten here and are getting ready."

"Yes ma'am," Estelle said. She ducked out of the room they were using. The underside of the stairwell was above them. She knocked on the door across the hallway.

"Who's there?" Sirius asked.

"Your girlfriend."

"No girls allowed. What's the password?"

"Um, I'm here to make sure you blokes are dressing and not messing around," she returned.

He opened the door just a crack, "I can't believe you would think such a thing."

"I know. You, goofing off? Never," Estelle said, smiling.

He leaned forward and kissed her. "Now, shoo," he said, "No girls allowed."

Smiling she went back across the hall. She knocked before opening the door.

When she faced Lily, she could've sworn she was looking at a life-sized porcelain doll. Her ivory skin was barely a shade darker than her dress. The nearly-glowing, white dress was strapless, showing off the freckles on her shoulders. Her dark, red hair cascaded down her back.

"The guys are hopefully doing what they're supposed to," Estelle said.

Lily smiled, "Oh."

"You look gorgeous," Estelle said.

"Thanks," Lily replied.

Quickly, Estelle dressed in her light purple bridesmaid dress. It was a little over-fluffy, she thought. She tied her hair back with a bow, but pieces flew freely.

Things were going very smoothly.

"Estelle," Lily whispered, "Are you...worried?"

"About what?"

"Death eaters," Lily said, in a voice that was barely audible.

"We only invited people we trusted," Estelle said, "there are Order members here. Even Dumbledore himself has come."

Lily nodded.

"The only person who Voldemort fears in Dumbledore," Estelle smiled.

Lily's mother poked her head in, "I need the maid of honor."

Estelle hugged Lily tightly, "Everything will be fine." She kissed Lily on the cheek.

She exited to find a line-up. She went to her place next to Sirius. Behind them, Remus was next to Estelle's mother and Peter next to her sister. Estelle grinned.

"Where's James?" she whispered to Sirius.

"Panicking," Sirius said, "but he'll be fine. You look amazing."

Estelle blushed, "i see you've brushed your hair, handsome."

He kissed her.

"Stop, you'll smudge my make-up," she teased.

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Go on," Mrs. Evans whispered.

"Oh God," Estelle muttered.

"Will you relax?" Sirius said, "It's not your wedding yet." He linked arms with her. They went forward, down the isle.

"Is it me, or was this walk shorter yesterday?" Estelle whispered.

"It seems like it," Sirius returned.

The seats along the isle were decorated with pale purple and dark red streamers. Ahead, the archway was covered in flowers. The sun was shining through the triangular window that was at the peak of the building.

Gazing around the room, Estelle managed to stumble.

"Smooth," Sirius said laughing, "Really smooth."

"Will you shut-up?" Estelle hissed.

"No way," Sirius grinned.

"You're ruining the procession."

"Oh yeah, I am," Sirius snorted.

"Be quiet," she muttered.

They reached the end of the aisle. Sirius kissed the top of her hand and they split ways. Estelle approached James and gave him a hug, "Good luck."

Estelle watched as Remus and Mrs. Evans made their way down the aisle. After them, Peter and Lily's sister, Petunia (who hardly looked amused). Amongst the guests were many recognizable faces, members of Lily's and James' family.

When Lily came down the aisle, arms linked with her father, she reminded of Estelle of the actual flower, Lily. She was smiling a wide, beautiful smile.

When she reached James, she hugged her father then, turned to face him. Her back was to Estelle and she could see the front of James. There were tears of joy in his eyes.

There was something different about James. His hair was the same, sticking up in every direction. He wore the same glasses he'd always worn. His posture was the same. But he wasn't the little boy who teased others for fun. He had grown up for the better.

"We are gathered here today to witness the coming together of two people, Lily Evans and James Potter, whose hearts and spirits are entwined as one. They now desire to profess before all the world their intention henceforth to walk the road of life together. With this, I present the vows written by the couples themselves;

"My dearest Lily-flower, I've loved you for a very long time. It feels right that I spend the rest of my life with you. When I look into your eyes, I can see all the depths of you. I love everything I see, the good and the bad. I promise to always love you. I will always be here when you need me. I'll care for you if you're sick. I'll protect you as long as you need me to. I will be with you forever.

"James, my love, you make me smile and you make me laugh. You make me happy. I can see that you need me. I need you too, more than you could imagine. Let us be together forever, no matter what happens."

James smiled, and a single tear leaked out of his left eye.

By now, Estelle was unable to contain her tears. She stopped trying to wipe them away.

"Do you Lily Evans, knowing this man's love for you and returning it, realizing his strengths and learning from them, recognizing his weaknesses and helping him to overcome them, take James Potter to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Do you James Potter, knowing this woman's love for you and returning it, realizing her strengths and learning from them, recognizing her weaknesses and helping her to overcome them, take Lily Evans to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Yes, I do."

"Place the ring on her finger. Let these rings serve as locks–not binding you together–but as keys, unlocking the secrets of your hearts for each other to know, and thus bringing you closer together forever.

"May this day shine eternally in your lives.
May it add brilliance to every achievement and cast a divine light over any misfortune.
May you care for each other in all sadness.
May you give cheer to each other.
May you give vitality to each other in all undertakings.
May all that is virtuous, beautiful and honest, remain with you always.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

James and Lily kissed and the whole room burst into cheers. Confetti of red, purple, and gold fell.

James and Lily went down the aisle together, beaming. Lily left James' side to remove some of the fluff from her dress. The rest of the guests continued into the next room that was set up with tables and a dance floor.

"And that's that," Sirius said patting James on the back, "She's yours forever."

"I still can't believe it..." James said slowly.

"Believe it," Sirius said, "You're a lucky bloke."

The rest of the reception turned out as nicely as the wedding did. Lily ended up smashing a piece of cake in James' face. James did the same to her.

"You think everything is going to be alright?" Sirius whispered in Estelle's ear.

She nodded, then looked at him, "It feels to nice. I think everything will be just fine."

James and Lily started off the dancing with a slow song.

"Can we sit down?" Estelle questioned.

Sirius grinned and kissed her cheek, There were so many things running through his mind. Still, he was worried something was going to happen. Death eaters had come to James' mother's funeral, why wouldn't they come to the wedding? Maybe Voldemort truly did fear Dumbledore.

"Can I cut in? Sirius asked James.

"For now," James said, "Don't use your charm to steal my wife." James winked at Lily and took Estelle's hand.

"A married man now, Prongs," Estelle said, "It's unbelievable."

"Unbelievable?" James questioned, slightly offended, "Hey."

She giggled, "Just yesterday you were on the train to Hogwarts and now you're a married man."

"It does seem like yesterday," James said, "Things were so simple then."

"You were a spoiled brat then," Estelle reminded him.

"Yeah, yeah," James smiled, "You guys put up with me anyway, didn't you? I must've been alright."

"Yeah, alright," she chuckled. She looked over to see Sirius and Lily standing at the table Remus was at. Sirius grabbed Remus by the arm.

"I need to talk to you," Sirius said.

Remus rolled his eyes, "Fine."

Sirius made his way down the hall and into the bathroom.

"This is a bathroom, Sirius," Remus said.

"Yeah," Sirius said, "I don't want anyone over-hearing this and making it a big deal. So, just come on."

Remus nodded, "Alright, Padfoot.Let's hear it then."

Sirius shut the door behind them. "If something happens to me, I want you to marry Estelle," Sirius said.

"Sirius, you're drunk," Remus said.

"I'm not kidding," Sirius went on, "I want you to marry her if something happens to me. You care about her and I can tell. She loves you too. If something happens, she'll be happier with you than anything else."

"Sirius, I'm not marrying your girlfriend," Remus said.

"I'm just saying, if something happens."

"No."

"Will you at least take care of her?"

"She's capable of taking care of herself."

"Please?"

Remus sighed, "Listen to me, and listen good. If something happens to you, I promise, if she needs me, I'll be there. In 2 seconds, I'll be there for her. If she needs me, I'll take care of her. I promise."

"Thanks," Sirius said. He pulled Remus into a hug.

"Now, stop being ridiculous," Remus smiled, "Let's go."

Sirius nodded.

Half way down the hall, they met Estelle.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Nothing," Sirius said.

Estelle shrugged as the three of them went back to the dance floor.

"I'm going to go bother James for a minute," Sirius said, pushing through the crowd.

"Are you going to ask me to dance?" Estelle questioned.

Remus shrugged, smiling, "Well, I could."

Estelle smiled and put her arm around his neck, "So why were you and Sirius sneaking off?"

Remus put his arms around her waist, "We were just talking, not sneaking."

"About what?"

"The future."

"Hm." She looked into his eyes, that were very tired. "Was last night a full moon?"

"The night before last," he said.

"I hate it for you," she whispered, "Are you getting along alright without us?"

He nodded.

"You don't deserve it."

"I'm glad you don't think so,"

Before they parted, she kissed him on the cheek.

Sirius flopped down on his back. He untied his bow and threw it across the room. He turned on the record player.

"Oh, like music wasn't involved with today enough?" Estelle teased.

"No real music," he grinned.

Hey lady--you got the love I need

"Take a liking to that real muggle rock?" Estelle questioned kicking her shoes off.

"Yeah," Sirius laughed. He sat up and took his jacket off. "You want to help me out with the rest of this?"

Maybe more than enough.

Estelle untied her hair, "Let me think about it."

"There's no need for thinking."

She smiled, "Never is with you."

He grinned.

Oh Darling... walk a while with me
You've got so much...


She stood in front of him and kissed him. He pulled her closer, running his hands under her dress. She sat on his lap.

Many have I loved - Many times been bitten

She sighed, "I'm so tired."

"Way to tease someone," Sirius said.

She chuckled, "Sorry."

Many times I've gazed along the open road.

"It's okay," he said, "I've been thinking a lot today."

"What a change."

Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened

Sirius huffed, "I really have been."

"About what?"

"Do you want to get married?" he asked.

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

"Well, of course," she replied. "Just not..tomorrow or anything."

"Obviously not," Sirius said, "I'm glad you're on the same page as me. I just get worried that I'm robbing you of some thing you want to do so badly."

"It's really not that big of a deal."

Many dreams come true and some have silver linings
I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold.


"God, we're so bloody lucky that Voldemort didn't decide to crash today," Sirius said, "Even if we wanted to get married tomorrow, it's too dangerous. It's like he's controlling my life."

"Sirius, I love you," Estelle said, "We're nineteen years old, we don't have to get married tomorrow either way."

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing

"Yes, but you're living with me."

"So?"

"So?" Sirius said, "What does your family think about it. Not being married and living together."

Many many men can't see the open road.

"Times have changed. It really doesn't matter."

"We didn't even talk about anything. We just sort of went off and did what we wanted. You just moved in here. I didn't even ask you..."

Many is a word that only leaves you guessing

"Sirius, if i didn't want to be here, I wouldn't be. I did discuss it with my father, and he told me I can take care of myself. I have my head on right. Everything will happen the way that it's meant to, when it's meant to."

Guessing 'bout a thing you really ought to know,

"You're right," Sirius said. "I love you..."

"I love you too," she said. She kissed him.

You really ought to know...
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics belong to Led Zeppelin again. And, those wedding vows came from some website that I didn't save.

Yeah, comments are lovely.