Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Travel

After being married, James and Lily were granted free time for their honeymoon. While, Remus was off in Ireland communicating with werewolves, Sirius was watching the visitors entrance to the Ministry. Estelle was off to France, under the advice of Dumbledore, to get more information on her mother and possibly find her. She was making a trip to Beauxbatons Academy.

She stayed in Paris for two days. She was anticipating the meeting of her escort to Beauxbatons, therefore enjoying the city wasn't working well. Besides, without Sirius, it just wasn't fun being in the 'most romantic city in the world'. She didn't understand why Sirius couldn't come.

Everything in Paris was different from London. The building were more rounded off, rather than just square. The people seemed to have their noses up in the air, even on the subway system. She made a trip to the Eiffel tower, but didn't enjoy it without Sirius.

Finally, the time came to meet this escort. His name was Gérard Prichard, the master of potions at Beauxbatons, and they were to meet in the underground path between one side of the street and the Arc De Triomphe. The reason she needed an escort was, the location of Beauxbatons was so well secluded, you couldn't find it unless you knew where to look.

Estelle stood against the wall and waited. She observed excited tourists, which were much nicer than the residents.

Suddenly, out of thin air, a man appeared. She assumed this was Gérard. He glanced back and forth, then approached Estelle.

"Ms. Grant?"

"Yes."

"Take my arm."

As soon as she touched his arm, she felt herself being sucked into a vacuum. Then, her surroundings filled back in around her. She was standing outside a huge, white castle. It was the size of Hogwarts, surrounded by bushes and tall trees.

Inside, the building was much, much different from Hogwarts. Some of the architecture was similar, but the texture seems to be marble. The interior design was bright.

"This way," Gérard said.

In an awe, Estelle managed to follow him down the corridors. When they reached the headmistress' office, he lead her inside.

The new headmistress, Madame Maxine was not what Estelle expected, She wished that someone would've warned her that she was taller than Hagrid.

"'Ello Estelle," Madame Maxine said, "I've been expecting."

"Hello, thank you for letting me come," Estelle replied.

Gérard stood in the background.

"Of course," Maxine said, "A friend of Professor Dumblydore is a friend of me. I understand you have questions about a previous student of mine..?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Well, what is it that you wanted to know."

"Daphne Danvers was a previous student?"

"She was."

"Was she a good student?"

"A very good student," Maxine began, "Very smart. Very attentive. Also very involved. She never hesitated to ask a question...or correct one when they made a mistake."

Estelle smiled.

"She wasn't at all reserved. She wasn't much for rules."

"What kind of people did she hang around?"

"Well, her friends were clever like her. Though, they were more reserved than she was."

"She was a rule breaker?"

Maxine laughed, "Not in my classroom."

"Do you have any personal information on her?" Estelle pressed on.

"Not really," Maxine replied, "Madame Margaux Hotchkiss may have more information than me. She was the previous headmistress. From what I understand, Ms. Danvers found herself in the office quite often."

Estelle contemplated this. "Where can I find her?"

Sirius came home to an empty house, the fifth day in a row. He sighed. It was too quiet and too lonely without Estelle. The stillness was maddening.

What if death eaters had gotten to her before she got anywhere?

What if this was a trap?

She's alone. She's helpless.

Helpless? Estelle? No, she wasn't. She was fine.

Still, the worry ate at him. he put on his leather jacket and went back out. He mounted his motorbike and started it. He drifted down the dark, quiet street.

A small house sat on the edge of the road. It had bushes grown tall around it. She would've been worried to enter the house, if she didn't have Gérard, her escort again.

Gérard rapped on the door.

A small, old woman, with grey hair in a lose bun answered. Her glasses were on the edge of her nose, "Gérard and Ms. Estelle?"

"Yes." Gérard replied.

"Come in."

Estelle entered a room with books on all the walls. The fireplace was burning. A small couch and an arm chair were close around the hearth.

"Ms. Grant, I understand that you have questions about Daphne Danvers," Hotchkiss began automatically, "I have hidden myself from most with questions, but you are a friend of Dumbledore. I am afraid of questions because death eaters want answers. The truth is, I do not know of her where abouts."

"Oh..." Estelle muttered.

"But, you have other questions, yes?" Hotchkiss said.

"I do."

"Feel free to ask."

"Did Daphne ever seem like the type to do dark magic?"

"Oh, no. She was a trouble-maker, though she had a heart of gold. Some of the other professors may not agree that she was a sweet hear, but she was. They didn't see her in the proper light. Just because she was a free spirit did not mean she used dark magic."

Relieved, Estelle exhaled, "She was under a curse."

"Indeed."

The question seemed to disappear. Her worry was gone. This woman was someone she could trust. She felt it. Although, finding her mother still seemed hopeless.

She was able to use the floo network to return home. She shot out onto her living room floor, stood, then dusted herself off. "Sirius?"

He came rushing down the stairs. She jumped into his arms and he picked her up. He held her tight and kissed her, "I missed you."

She buried her face in his neck, "I missed you too."

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," she replied, "I still don't know where she is though."

He ran his hand through her hair, "That's too bad."

"I'm giving up."

"No, don't do that," he said. He put her down.

"Its hard being patient," she said, "I want to know. I want things done."

"I know, love," Sirius said. He kissed her.

She kissed him back, deeply. She ran her hands under his shirt.

"You missed me that much?" he asked.

"Yeah," she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update.

Happy Wizard Independence Day everyone! I might give a second update for the occasion. (: