Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Family

Dear Ms. Grant,

I'll need to see you in my office at Hogwarts, the evening of Monday, November 23. It is imperative you show up.

Sincerely, Albus Dumbledore.


"You want me to come with you?" Sirius asked.

"You don't have to," Estelle replied brushing her hair in the bathroom mirror.

Sirius stood at the bathroom door.

"You don't have to watch me get ready like that either," she said and winked at him.

"Unfortunately, I do," the mirror said.

Estelle rolled her eyes.

He smiled and kissed her cheek, "You were just gone all that time."

"Sirius, I've been back for over a week."

He smiled, "I know. I just worry."

"I'm going to Hogwarts, the safest place there is. And, I highly doubt that Voldemort is hiding behind our shower curtain, waiting for you to leave. I should be okay for today."

"Your sarcasm isn't attractive."

Estelle entered the halls of Hogwarts. It always felt as if she was supposed to be going to class. It was odd no longer attending the place she considered home. It was odd walking alone...

When she reached the doors of Dumbledore's office, she faced the gargoyle.

"Berry-cream."

The gargoyle danced to the side.

She knocked on the door.

Dumbledore opened the door, "Ah, Estelle, so lovely you came. I have someone for you to see."

Estelle's face lit up, "Oh."

He let her inside. Sitting in the seat she had often occupied during her Hogwarts years was a blond woman. She turned around. Her tired face lit up and tears came to her eyes. She shot up, "Estelle?"

"Mum?" she asked, tears forming in her eyes.

The two of them hugged for a very long time. Her mother kept saying she was sorry in French. Estelle kept telling her it was alright.

Dumbledore stood back, smiling.

Estelle faced him, "Thank you, so much."

His eyes twinkled, "It's my pleasure."

"Estelle, I'm so glad you're okay," her mother began, "You're so beautiful and grown up. I just can't believe it."

Estelle smiled.

"I know you must be wondering what happened and why I left you," her mother said quietly.

Inhaling slightly, Estelle nodded.

"My dear, I wish there could've been a different way," her mother sighed, "There were a few future-dark wizards that I went to school with at Beauxbatons Academy. Only a few, but all along, they had eyes for me. They liked me, thought I was intelligent and talented. They wanted me to join them.

"I refused, of course. I never wanted to do dark magic. I was taught the consequences. I certainly didn't want to be a death eater. That doesn't even sound nice," she frowned. "I met your father right after I left school. He was at a restaurant is Paris, traveling with family. He asked me out and we became inseparable. We married eventually, and then you were born. Everything seemed perfect.

"But of course, it wasn't. These terrible men I went to school with found me. Found how to contact me. Finally, they put me under the Imperius Curse. I was strong willed, hard to keep under control. Although, I did end up cursing innocents. Non-pure bloods. I broke away from the curse in the middle of an alleyway torturing an innocent woman.

"I came home as quickly as I could. I told Arnold we had to leave the country. I was afraid of hurting him or you. We moved outside of to Little Whinging, Surrey in England. For awhile, everything was fine. We fixed up the house and the yard. They came for me eventually, as I knew they would. They caught me on the streets, told me they knew where I lived. They said that if I went with them, they would leave you and Arnold be."

"And they left us alone?" Estelle asked.

"As far as I knew, yes. And now, I can see they honestly did," Daphne had tears in her eyes, "I was under the Imperius curse, but I fought too much. They locked me in cellars. I was fed, scarcely. They only fed me enough to keep me alive."

"Daphne," Dumbledore spoke up, "I don't mean to push, please, forgive me, but do you have names you can share?"

"Of course," Daphne said, "The two who captured me from the bargaining were Adam Longe and Laurent Rockwood. Laurent had a cousin, Augustus. There were others, Dolohov and Karkaroff. Lestrange, Mulciber, Nott, Jugson."

"I thank you," Dumbledore said, "some of these names are familiar, but some I had no idea."

"They're all simply awful," Daphne said.

"Would you be interested in fighting these men and helping in Voldemort's downfall?"

"More than anything."

"Maybe you would like to join the Order of the Phoenix."

Estelle hugged Sirius tightly, "I found my mum! Well, Dumbledore did."

Sirius smiled, "That's wonderful."

They sat on the couch while Estelle told him the whole story. Sirius was surprised to hear that there were so many names he didn't know about.

Suddenly, a head appeared in the fireplace. Estelle jumped, before she realized it was Remus.

"Sirius, Estelle, is it alright that I come here?" he asked.

"Of course," Estelle replied.

The head disappeared, but seconds later, Remus came through. He dusted himself off. His clothes were shabby and his shoes worn. His hair was longer than Estelle had ever seen, and there was already a hint of grey in it, even at 20. His face was scarred, worse than when he was in school and a large, fresh gash was across it. His clothes were ripped in a few places, revealing scratches.

Estelle stood, "Are you alright?"

"Fine... I just need somewhere to stay. It's rather embarrassing," he muttered.

"You can stay as long as you need to," Estelle said.

"Of course," Sirius agreed.

Remus half-smiled.

"Go shower," Estelle said, "I'll make some tea."

Snow started to fall as the days passed. Remus had come to stay days at a time. He always had terrible stories to tell about packs of werewolves. Peter started showing up more often. He always seemed uneasy and paranoid.

When Christmas came, Sirius, Estelle, Peter and Remus went to Jams and Lily's. Estelle's mother came, and Dumbledore as well, to escort her. It was slightly odd, but felt very much like a home. For awhile, it was only happiness. Dumbledore went for awhile, but returned at dusk to see Daphne back. The marauders were reunited for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Action in the next chapter, I promise.
Comments inspire me though.