Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

And What Will Become of This?

"I need out of the house," Estelle complained, "I need my own money to say I made it."

"You're not going to expose yourself," Sirius said, "If it was any other time, I would want you out of my hair, trust me. It's just not a good time."

"How exposed is working at a muggle restaurant?"

"In the middle of London, very exposed."

"I can go fight death eaters on the streets and wherever else they appear, but I can't go work at a stupid restaurant?"

"No!"

"Well, what are you going to do to stop me?" Estelle questioned.

"Nothing..." Sirius muttered. "But promise me, if anything at all happens, you quit."

Estelle smiled, "Okay. I'm glad, because I already got the job and I'm working 4 to 9 this evening."

"Of course you did," Sirius said, "Well, in that case, I'm coming with you."

"You can't."

"Why not?"

"Have you ever even used the Underground?"

"The what?"

"The railway system!" she sighed, "Alright, this should be interesting."

Holding hands, the two of them went out the door.

"Follow me," Estelle said.

Sirius found that he hated muggle transportation more than anything, excluding Grimmauld Place. After practically running down a bunch of stairs, they reached an underground train. It was cold and smelled like rubbish. People were racing to get on the train when it came, and as quickly as it left, Sirius quickly realized why. It was something he hoped he never had to do again.

"Well, I think its fun," Estelle said, "I've used it all my life though."

"What the hell is wrong with muggles?" Sirius questioned, "That was terrible! Only you would think it was fun."

Estelle shrugged.

The cafe was full of a nice aroma of coffee, much better than the smell of the Underground. Anything would probably smell good now. The atmosphere was calm and nice.

"The perfect place for death eaters," Sirius said.

Estelle rolled her eyes.

While she worked, he worried. He worried and waited. He prowled Oxford Street as Padfoot for awhile. Weeks passed, and his worried never ceased. It worsened, possibly. Even while he scoped the Ministry visitor entrance, he thought only of Estelle, only 3 streets away. So close, yet so far.

Remus was in and out. He would stay for a few days, and leave for weeks at a time.

Estelle worked at the cafe for three months. Sirius happened to be snooping near-by when he recognized two death eaters entering the cafe.

"Hell," Estelle said to the two new customers, "May I rec--"

"You're Daphne Danver's daughter," the blond man growled.

"N-no."

"Don't lie!" his partner shouted. He pulled out his wand, "Where is she?"

"Where is who?" Estelle asked, as calmly as possible.

The blond raised his wand.

Estelle quickly pulled out her wands, "Expeliarmus!"

"Crucio!" the second called.

She dropped to the floor, feeling 1,000 hot knives piercing her skin.

"Maybe this will convince you."

"I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about!" she cried.

Sirius rushed inside, "Stupify!"

The blond slammed against the wall, leaving Estelle free.

"Sectumsempra!" Srius called. The second death eater fell, gushing blood.

Sirius exhaled and knelt next to Estelle, "Are you alright?"

"Contact the Order."

He did just that. Moments later, Alastor Moody appeared. He congratulated the two of them. Then, en from the Ministry came to take the death eaters to Azkaban. The memories of the restaurant employees were modified, to which they didn't know Estelle existed.

"You understand now?" Sirius asked.

"Yes," Estelle said, "That curse--that crucio."

"The cruciatus curse," Sirius said, "An unforgivable curse. Bellatrix used it on me once."

"It's so terrible..." Estelle whispered.

Dear Sirius Black,

You are being informed on the happening of the death of your brother, Regulus Black. He has been killed by the hands of death eaters. Thought you might want to know.

Arthur Weasley
Ministry of Magic : Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects


Sirius folded the letter in half, feeling his heart sink into his stomach. He felt sick and his throat was thick with tears. His brother was dead. Bitterly, he recalled their last conversation.

"What is that?"

"This is a dark mark. It's magically bind me to the Dark Lord. If he needs me, the pain it causes is unbearable. Now, leave before someone sees us and kills you!"

"Kills me? We're on Hogwarts property. I'm sure no harm will be done to me. You, on the other hand, flashing your dark mark like it's some sort of reward!"

"Well, it's not a reward! It's a mark of being damned for the rest of my life! It's too late for me, Sirius. Just leave me!"


He swallowed back tears.

"What was that all about?" Estelle asked.

He swallowed hard, "Regulus...d-died." His voice broke off quickly, but still he held in the tears.

"I'm sorry," Estelle said, taken aback. She put her hand on Sirius' shoulder.

He fell forward, holding onto her tight. He sobbed into her neck and she stroked his hair. He was unable to think. Unable to do anything past sob. Terrible sobs with only a few tears actually escaping.

After he'd gotten past the shock and the sorrow, he pulled himself together. The two of them sat on the couch, Estelle had made tea. Outside the curtains, stars were shining above the streetlamps. Darkness had fallen since Sirius had gotten the news.

Now that Sirius was able to think, he wondered. The death eaters had killed him. He'd bitten off more than he could chew. Just as Sirius had expected, Regulus didn't want it.

Estelle ran her hand through his hair, "You alright?"

"Sure," Sirius muttered.

She kissed his cheek.

"I just wish...I would've said something else to him," Sirius said, "Something better than..."

A flame flared and Remus appeared out of the smoke. He dusted himself off, "Sorry, guys. Sorry."

Sirius left the room abruptly.

Remus looked at Estelle, "What--what did I do?"

"Nothing," Estelle said, "It's not you. His brother died."

"What?"

"By the hands of death eaters."

"Why?"

Regulus' death came up at the next Order meeting.

"Why is the question," Dumbledore said.

"Either way, it's one down," Moody grunted.

"He considered our help," Sirius said, "When I told him"

"Maybe Voldemort saw that he considered it," James suggested, "Maybe he was cracking."

"I just don't understand," Sirius said, "He's not that kind of guy. He wouldn't be obvious about it."

"Well, in more news from the Black family," Moody said, "Narcissa Black is marrying Lucius Malfoy."

"So we can add her to the list of death eaters," Sirius said.

"I questioned Lucius Malfoy being involved, until last weekend, he was present at an attack on Middlesex Village. The Ministry refuses to accept it," Dumbledore added.

"To hell with the Ministry," Sirius said.

Of course Estelle was home. When wasn't she home? She was reading while Sirius was off on a mission. Being stuck at home was boring and--

The fire flared, and Remus came through. His face was covered in dry blood. He was heaving and stumbled before standing straight.

"Remus," she rushed forward, "Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah," he spat.

"Come here," she put her arm around him and lead him tot he couch. "What's happened?"

"Last night, bad-bad fight," Remus mumbled, "I just wasn't welcome among that pack." He clutched his chest.

"Are you still bleeding?" she jumped back noticing the blood all over his shirt.

"I don't think," he said, "It just hurts." He lifted his shirt to reveal large gashes across his chest. They weren't bleeding, but dried blood was all over him.

"Where were you?" she asked.

"Bulgaria," he said, "the time is an hour different there, so... I'm late. The held me there."

"You need a nice, hot bath," she said.

"Maybe."

"You're not leaving, I'll write Dumbledore," Estelle said, "You're staying right here. I'm running a bath, then I'll write Dumbledore and make you some tea."

He nodded and smiled weakly, "Thanks, Estelle."

She left the room, but returned a few moments later with a piece of chocolate.

Sirius came home, observing a bloody rag across the arm of the couch. He raised an eyebrow. Heading to the kitchen, he bumped into Estelle.

"Oh, Sirius, thank god," she exhaled, "you scared me."

"Why is there blood--"

"Remus came home wounded," she said, "I cleaned him up, but he can't walk very well. He's asleep now. In the guest room." All her words ran together quickly.

"Last night was a full moon?" Sirius asked.

She nodded, "Well, of course it was."

He nodded, "Well, ah brew us some tea, would you, love?"

"One step ahead," she smiled.

He kissed her, "I knew I loved you for some reason."

She smiled.

He went back to the living room and sat on the couch, watching the fire. He'd done nothing all day. He looked through reports while Estelle had been with Remus all day...

He crossed his arms. Jealousy.

"Here you go, love," Estelle smiled and handed him his tea.

He smiled back, "Thanks."

She sat back and sighed, "How was your day?"

"Boring. So...boring," Sirius sipped the tea, then sat the cup down. He pounced on her, "That was then, This is now."

She laughed, "Will you behave?"

"No fun," Sirius said and kissed her cheek.

Remus woke around six that evening. He felt a little dizzy, but the pain wasn't as bad. Still, he didn't want to raise up. Light from the sunset was leaking through the curtains. Voices were coming in through the cracked door. Sirius had come back.

He heard footsteps. Estelle opened the door.

"Oh, good, you're awake," she smiled, "Have some tea." She handed him a cup.

He sat up and smiled, "Thank you."

"I made dinner."

"I'll come in a moment."

And the three of them had dinner, Sirius going on about 'getting his hand on Lucius Malfoy or those werewolves.'. He was quite upset about everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
myeah?