Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Danger

Every day, steadily, for a week, it rained. Not just the usual grey London, but downpours. Sirius was mad because he wasn't able to ride his bike. Estelle was tired of him whining about it. Remus was still off of his leg, so Estelle insisted on tending to him.

The sun did finally dry everything up enough for Sirius to ride his bike.

"But you ride with me," Sirius grinned at Estelle.

"No way."

"Please?"

"I don't want to."

"Why?"

"I just--"

"You're scared."

"So?"

Sirius crossed his arms, "I wouldn't let anything happen to you."

"Not today, okay?"

"Fine," Sirius growled. He stormed out of the room and gathered his helmet, "So glad you'd rather stay here."

"Sirius..."

"Just keep tending to our dear friend, Moony."

"Oh my God, Sirius!" she sighed, " I don't feel like it today. I'm tired. I don't feel adventurous. Please, just go."

Sirius didn't say anything else, just left. She heard the motorbike start and then rumble off into the distance. She moved to the other side of the kitchen and stared out the window. A single tear leaked down her left cheek.

"I'm sorry," Remus said, from the doorway.

She turned around, "What?"

"For being here."

"Remus, you're welcome here. Sirius is just having a hard time," she sighed, "Under pressure, he cracks."

Remus nodded, "We're all having a hard time. But me being here isn't helping."

"Where would you go?" she asked.

He shrugged.

"Exactly. You're staying here until you at least find somewhere else," she smiled, "You can stay here as long as you'd like."

"But Sirius--"

"Sirius was just mad because I wouldn't ride that ruddy motorbike," Estelle interrupted. She had tears in her eyes again.

"Don't cry," Remus said quietly.

She brushed past him, "I'm not."

"Well, you were close," he said. He followed her to the living room, where she sat on the couch. He sat nest to her.

"Everything is so terrible," she muttered, "I hate the bloody death eaters. Everything is falling apart." She tried not to cry but, it didn't work.

He put his arm around her. "I know," he whispered.

She cried into his shoulder. He kissed her on top of the head and held her.

"Well, isn't this lovely," Sirius said, bitterly, "A family marriage. Lucius Malfoy marrying my dear cousin Narcissa. Just bloody lovely."

"Sirius--"

"I wonder how many wedding guests are death eaters," Sirius spat.

Estelle sat back and let him continue.

Suddenly, a silver ghostly, but warm and familiar silver doe came in through the window. Lily's voice came from it, "James is in St. Mungo's." Then, it dissolved.

"James?" Remus questioned.

"Let's go," Sirius said.

Using Floo Powder, the three of them traveled to St. Mungo's. The front desk directed them to James' room. He was conscious when they entered. Lily was sitting by him and Peter was already here.

"What happened?" Sirius asked.

James raised up, "Fell down some stairs is all."

"What?" Estelle exclaimed.

"Was fighting a few death eaters," James said, "sort of got cursed over a rail."

Sirius looked surprised, "Where were you?"

"Little Whinging," James said.

"My sister lives there," Lily said, "I've put up safety barriers now."

"James, you should just lay back," Estelle said.

Lily took his hand, "You should."

James lied back and sighed, "I hate this."

"The more you rest the sooner you'll be allowed to leave," Lily said.

"Peter was the one who told us about this planned attack," James said, "Jasper Bones and the Longbottoms showed up."

"Are they alright?" Estelle asked.

"Yeah," James said.

"There's a meeting at the Weasley's on Friday," Lily added, "Arthur told us to tell you."

"Don't Molly and Arthur have like...five kids?" Sirius asked.

Estelle nodded.

"Interesting..." Sirius said. he took Estelle's hand, who took Remus'. Together, they apparated with a crack. Around them, fields formed, which surrounded the Weasley house. The tall, slightly crooked house could only be held up by magic. Estelle and Sirius kept holding hands as they walked toward the door, which was quite a few feet away.

Once they reached the house, Arthur answered the door. A smaller version of him stood close behind. "Hello," Arthur said, "Come in."

"Hello Arthur," Estelle said, "How are you?"

"Been better," Arthur said, smiling anyway.

"Who do we have here?" Estelle asked, kneeling to be eye-level with the child, "Is this really Bill? I haven't seen you since you were six."

"I'm nine now," Bill said with a smile, "Almost Hogwarts age!"

"Oh my!" Estelle said, "You will love Hogwarts."

"We hope," Arthur muttered.

"Why?" Sirius asked, "Why hope? What's wrong with Hogwarts?"

"We'll talk about it in a minute," Arthur said, "Charlie, want to say hello?"

An unnoticed smaller boy sat on the couch. He looked up from the book in his lap and said, "Hello."

"Smart little one so interested in reading," Estelle smiled.

"It's a dragon book," Arthur said, "He loves them."

The three of them followed Arthur into the crowded kitchen. James, Lily, Kingsley, and the Longbottoms were present. A pregnant Molly was organizing food.

"Really Molly?" Remus said.

She turned and smiled, "Oh, its nothing, dear."

Estelle silently concluded if she ever became a mother, she would take lessons from Molly.

Another, even smaller, Weasley was seated on Alice's lap.

Molly looked to him, "Now, Percy," she began, "we're going to be having one of those meetings I told you about. You'll have to go play with Charlie and Bill. Alright?"

"Fine," he muttered. Alice ruffled his hair. He jumped down from her lap and ran into the next room.

"Take a seat if you can," Molly smiled.

"You need a seat," Sirius said.

"I'm fine," she said.

"Another boy?" Estelle asked.

"Yes," Molly replied. "Ronald."

"What's wrong with Hogwarts?" Sirius asked, unable to hold back any longer.

Arthus sighed, "It's just...death eaters have tried to enter on three separate occasions."

"They were almost successful," Kingsley added.

Sirius was burning with rage, "I will destroy those death eaters."

"Calm yourself, Sirius," Remus said, "What exactly is almost successful."

"Attacks on Hogsmead," Arthur said, "Attempts to break the barriers around Hogwarts. The Lestranges, the Carrows, Dolohov, McNair, and some unknown."

"Who's been protecting Hogwarts?" Sirius exclaimed.

"Mostly just me," Kingsley said, "Frank and Alice came a few times. Teachers fought."

"It was alright since no students were present at the time," Alice said, "Not that the nasty death eaters would've cared either way."

"They all disappeared when Dumbledore came," Arthur said, "You-Know-Who has them scared of him, thank God."

Estelle nodded, "They're trying to do what at Hogwarts, exactly?"

"Who knows," James muttered.

"Probably overthrow it, like they're trying to do the Ministry," Kingsley said.

Sirius growled under his breath.

"We haven't managed to knock any off lately?" Remus asked.

Arthur shook his head, "Even if we had been, they're gaining."

"Damn it!!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Shh," Estelle grabbed his hand.

Sirius breathed in heavily, "I don't know what we can do. It kills me."

"Sirius prefers an eye for an eye," Estelle said, "And lately, there've been a lot of casualties."

"Understandable," Arthur said, "Unfortunately, only so many of us are qualified to kill them."

"We are," Alice said grimly, "And trust me, I don't prefer killing anyone. But these scum bags..."

"It's necessary," Frank said quietly.

"So basically, this means we need guards at Hogwarts and Hogsmead," Remus said.

"Looks that way," Arthur said, "We've been trying to speak to Dumbledore."

"I'll do it," Estelle said, "It's not like I ever have anything else to do."

"No, it's too dangerous for you to do it," Sirius said.

"Why's what?" Estelle questioned.

"You know what happened at the cafe," Sirius reminded her, "You're a non-pure blood. You're in the Order. Your mother is Daphne Danvers. You're my girlfriend. Bellatrix and Malfoy have had their eyes on you for years. No."

Estelle crossed her arms.

"We need to speak with Dumbledore," Arthur said.

Two small Weasleys entered the kitchen, twins, both with freckles and orange-blond hair.

"Mum, we're up," said the one on the left.

Molly laughed a little, "Well, obviously. Everyone, this is Fred and George."

The twins looked at one another.

"I've got to take them outside to join the others," Molly said.

"I'll take them," Estelle offered, smiling.

"Alright," Molly shrugged.

"In the mean time, take my seat," Estelle said.

Molly smiled.

Estelle rose and knelled in front of the twins, "Hello little guys. I'm Estelle."

"I'm Fred," said the one on the left.

"I'm George," the one on the right said.

"Alright, I think I've got it," Estelle smiled. She stood and lead the small boys through the living room.

In the distance, Bill, Charlie, and Percy were in the grass. Estelle looked at each twin.

"Walk with us," Fred said.

"Okay," Estelle said. Each twin grabbed one of Estelle's hands.

"Are you in Mom and Dad's group?" George asked.

"I sure am," Estelle said.

"Are you going to come over more?" Fred asked.

"I don't know," Estelle replied honestly.

"You should," George said.

"I should?" Estelle asked.

"You seem like you would be fun," Fred said.

Bill, Charlie and Percy had met them half-way.

"We have to stay closer to the house," George sighed.

Estelle smiled, "Its for the best."

"That's what dad says," Bill nodded.

"Our dad says its dangerous," Charlie said.

"It kind of is," Estelle said.

"What's you name?" Percy asked.

"Estelle," she replied, smiling.

"Stelle," Fred repeated, "We like her."

Estelle smiled.

Dear Mr. Sirius Black,

I'm sorry to inform you on another death. Your father, Orion Black has died of unknown causes.

Arthur Weasley
Ministry of Magic : Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects


Sirius sat the letter on the table. Without saying anything, he leaned back. There wasn't pain, like with Regulus' death. In fact, he didn't feel anything at all. there was a place where pain should've been. Instead, it was an empty void.

"Are you alright?" Estelle asked carefully.

"Yeah..."

The day that her mother was coming would be the day that Sirius got touchy news. Everything always worked out against them.She ran her hand up and down his back while he stared at the floor. For awhile, they sat, without making a sound.

There was a knock on the door. Estelle kissed Sirius' cheek, then rose and opened the door. Albus Dumbledore and a hooded person stood at the door.

She smiled, "Come in."

As soon as they stepped inside and the door closed behind them, the hooded person revealed themselves to be Daphne. She hugged Estelle.

"Professor Dumbledore, would you like to join us for tea?" Estelle asked.

"Well, I suppose I could," Dumbledore smiled.

The four of them gathered at the end of the dining room table with tea cups. Sirius finally couldn't hold his tongue any longer and had to talk about Hogwarts. Dumbledore told him, if it made him feel better he could watch Hogsmead.

When Dumbledore left, Sirius only stayed seated a few more minutes. Then, decided to give them time together.

"You two do do well together," Daphne said, "Although I can't help but sense an air of tension today."

"Well," Estelle said, "It could be a number of things. He got a letter today saying that his father died."

"That'sterrible."

"The bigger problem is, he and his father were never close. So, he really doesn't know how to feel. Not to mention, he's so stressed out about the war. He has such a temper and gets so upset about everything to do with it," she sighed, "And I think he's jealous[/]i of me tending to Remus."

"Remus always looks sickly," Daphne commented.

"He is," Estelle said.

"It just sounds like Sirius just has a lot on his mind," Daphne said.

"He does," Estelle said.

"He wants you safe, and so do I," Daphne nodded.

"I'm fine," Estelle said.

"You're in constant danger because of me," Daphne said, "You need to stay safe. i want to tell you where I'm staying. If someone asks for my location, and you give it to them, your life could be spared."

"No way. I wouldn't tell either way. They would kill me with or without information. I'm not pure-blooded. I'm in the Order."

"I prayed when you were born you wouldn't be a witch," Daphne said, "that way you could be out of this."

"Being a witch has made my life wonderful," Estelle said, "I made amazing friends and Hogwarts is like my home. I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't have that."

"I'm just glad you don't resent me," Daphne said.

"Merlin no!" Estelle exclaimed, "Mum, now that I have the truth, I just... I'm glad you did what you did."

"I should've fought," Daphne said, "I could've gone to the Ministry. I feel terrible for leaving you."

"I'm okay, Mum," Estelle whispered.

"I wish i could apologize to your father."

"I wish he could understand too. He's fine though."

Daphne smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took awhile, cause its quite long!
I hope you like it.