Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

The Godfather

Hogwarts Divination Professor Disapears

Adrienne Lattin, Hogwarts well-know and highly skilled Divination teacher, non-pure-blood, has been declared missing as of last Saturday, October 31st. It is reported that she made a trip to Hogs Head in Hogsmeade, but never returned. No word on what Albus Dumbledore is going to do to prevent something like this from happening again.


Estelle slammed the paper down. "No word yet. They're making it out to sound like Dumbledore isn't doing anything!

Sirius shrugged, "What else is new? The Ministry is always trying to make Dumbledore sound daft."

Lily sat down, "Well, we have some news that's much better."

James glanced at her, smiling.

"Let's hear it," Sirius said.

"Well," Lily smiled, "we're going to have a baby."

"Really!?" Estelle exclaimed, a streak of happiness flowing through her.

Lily nodded.

Estelle shot up and hugged her.

"Well, congratulations," Sirius said grinning.

"This is wonderful," Remus said.

Lily smiled, "It's something."

"I can't even take this seriously," James said, "It's not hit me yet."

"Oh, it'll hit you," Estelle said.

"Alice Longbottom is pregnant too," Lily added.

"Aw," Estelle said, "they'll go to Hogwarts together."

James smiled a little.

"We're just worried," Lily said, "with the state of things. James is really worried."

"Can you blame me?" James asked, resting his cheek on his palm.

"It'll be fine," Sirius said, "I'll see to that."

Lily smiled, "We want you to be the Godfather."

Sirius lit up, "Really?"

"And Estelle the Godmother," James added.

Estelle felt more tears come into her eyes.

"And Remus and Peter honorary uncles," Lily said.

For the moment, only excitement filled the room. It was certain James and Lily's child would be the most adored child in Britain.

Inside the Hogshead, Albus Dumbledore sat, waiting. In the doorway appeared a witch with a mass of curls and thick glasses, that sort of made her look like a bug. She stumbled on the table.

"Ah," Dumbledore spoke up, "Sybil Trelawney?"

"Yes sir," she replied.

"So nice to finally meet you," he said, "Come along." Up the stairs they went to, ironically, the same room secret meetings of future death eaters had often taken place. "I was thinking of cutting Divination altogether."

"Oh, sir, Divination is very important," Trelawney said, "If one has the gift of the sight, they shall never know if they don't attempt to exercise that ability."

"I see," Dumbledore said.

He was slightly surprised to find that the great-great-granddaughter of Cassandra Trelawney wasn't as talented as he had imagined.It was obvious. But still, he sat, to avoid being rude about it. They talked for a good twenty minutes and she never proved herself otherwise.

"I'm so sorry Sybil, but I don't know that I'm going to need you after all," Dumbledore sighed.

"Well, I suppose I understand," she looked very, very unhappy about this, "But if you change your mind, don't hesitate to --" suddenly, Sybil began to make sort of a choking sound, he voice changed and she said this:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power that the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other... survives..."

Dumbledore looked entirely taken aback. "I think I've changed my mind."

Christmas brought more scares than happiness. Another attack took place on Diagon Alley. Thirteen muggles had been murdered by the New Year. The Marauders wished for a better year to come. They did not yet show openly how worried they were for a new life being brought into a world of fear. Maybe baby Potter would bring some sort of miracle. That's all they could hope for.

"Sirius, I'm so scared," Estelle whispered, as they were lying in bed, getting ready to go to sleep.

He turned over and rubbed her cheek. "One day, everything will be alright."

"You think so?" she asked.

"I know so," he said, "I can see it. We'll both have real, steady jobs. We might even find a better place than this to stay, somewhere nice and open. Maybe we'll have a family of our own."

She smiled, "You're right."

"I'm always right," Sirius teased and kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a bit short, but rather important.