Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Preparing for Hiding

Summer came with a wave of heat. Estelle and Sirius were still getting along. Sirius had finally apologized to Remus, who accepted happily. James and Lily were preparing to go into hiding and James wasn't thrilled at all. They had discovered that their baby was going to be a boy though and decided on the name Harry.

On June 5th, Draco Malfoy was born to Narcissa and Lucius. Sirius' cousin Andromeda wrote him and informed him. Sirius wasn't thrilled about the news of a "future death eater" being born.

"Funny thing," Estelle said, "he'll be going to school with Harry and Frank and Alice's kid. Same year."

"Maybe they're all three get on," Sirius said, "Maybe this will all be over." He shook his head, "Listen to that."

"It's always good to have hope," Estelle said.

Sirius rolled his eyes.

At the Order meeting that followed next, Peter seemed distant. Estelle asked him if he was alright. When he seemed like he didn't want to talk about it, Sirius pressed on.

"What've you been up to lately?" Sirius asked.

"I've been doing a lot of spying..." Peter said, "Its enough to drive you mad."

"Really?" Sirius asked, "Have you been cheating, Wormtail."

Peter gave a small smile. "What Dumbledore doesn't know won't hurt him."

"I couldn't imagine being right there," Sirius said, "I'm not very stealthy. Even as a do--"

Estelle elbowed him.

"You have no idea..." Peter murmured.

Even Dumbledore looked a bit more troubled than usual as he spoke. Some of his sentences were broken. "In battle," he was saying, "if you come to face Bellatrix Lestrange, I bid you warning, she is a talented dueler, but she...doesn't play fair. She enjoys using the Cruciatus Curse."

Sirius gritted his teeth.

"Leeving in 'iding isn't fun," Daphne said, "Eets actually quite boring. Eets not like you never see the sun, obviously I'm here, but eet sometimes seems zat way."

James and Lily looked at each other.

"Eetz lonely," Daphne said, "but luckily, you'll have each other. 'opefully, it won't come to zat for the two of you. I can tell both of you are strong zough, if eet does."

Lily smiled.

"Dumbledore eez a great man," Daphne said, "'e'll do well to keep you and your babee safe. I bet you're quit ready for zat babee to come."

Lily nodded, "I can't do anything."

"Oh, you'll wish you could do nothing when ze days finally come," Daphne chuckled, "But eetz all worth eet." She glanced at Estelle.

"I'll be right there helping, if you need me," Estelle grinned.

"Good," James teased, "we're going to need a baby sitter every Friday night."

Sirius paced the floor and kept looking out the window. Estelle really couldn't blame him. The three most wanted wizards were in one room.

July seemed to speed by. On the 30th, Frank and Alice's son was born. They named him Neville. Estelle was very excited and went to visit the following day. Neville was small and had wide eyes like Frank's.

"He's adorable," Estelle said.

Alice smiled, "Thanks."

While she and Sirius were there, Lily came in.

On July 31st, Harry James Potter was born.

Sirius and Estelle practically spent as much time at St. Mungo's as James adn Lily did. Remus and Peter made various trips, as well as a few other order members. Dumbledore even made a trip in to see baby Harry.

Estelle held Harry any chance she got. Each time she held him, she looked at his eyes and couldn't believe that they were the same shade of green as Lily's. She would hand him back to Lily who never took her eyes off of him.

"Do you want to hold him, Sirius?" Lily asked.

Sirius hesitated, "I would, but I--"

"Come on," James said.

Sirius sat on the edge of the bed next to Lily and took Harry. He sat for a moment, just looking down at Harry. Then, he smiled and held him close. "Hi, Harry," he said quietly, "I'm your godfather, Sirius. I'll always be here when you need me." He kissed Harry's forehead.

After awhile, Harry fell asleep right in Sirius' arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
that was a bit short too,
sorry