Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Hogsmeade

Sirius and Estelle spent most of their time worrying. James, Lily, and Harry had been moved to a new, secure location, that no one knew about yet.

While Sirius was out, Estelle became bored and nearly worried herself to death. Sirius was out, practically looking for trouble. Remus was likely doing the same. On top of that, Voldemort was looking for the Potters. She made herself sick with worry.

Against her better judgement, she went to visit Remus at Lily and James' old house. It was dangerous for him to even be living there, she thought, but Dumbledore was sure the Death Eaters knew the Potters were no longer there. Of course, that didn't meant they wouldn't come questioning the new occupant of the house if they knew anything.

But how would they know precisely where the old house was?

She knocked on the door.

"Estelle?" Remus asked, when he opened it.

"Hi," she said, following him into the living room where they had all spent the last 3 Christmas'.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Worrying myself sick," she replied.

"You really do worry too much," he replied.

They sat on the couch.

"What's Sirius doing?" he asked.

"I have no idea."

"Does he know you're here?"

"No."

He shifted uncomfortably. "How are James and Lily with Harry?"

"I wouldn't know."

There was silence.

"What are we going to do?" Estelle said, suddenly.

"I don't know," Remus replied, "There's nothing we can do."

"I caught a glimpse of blond hair below that hood," Sirius yelled, "It's Lucius Malfoy!" He ran from Estelle's side and disappeared on the scene.

"Please...no," she muttered. Suddenly, she pushed herself out of the way as a curse came flying at her. She was pressed against Honeyduke's shop window. It was a terrible thing, seeing a battle fought in one of her favorite places to be; Hogsmeade.

Voldemort was still afraid of Dumbledore, so he was not present. But his Death Eaters were pressing their way to Hogwarts, or trying anyway.

Estelle glanced across the road to see James battling one Death Eater, as another attempted to come up from behind. She stunned the second one, then rushed down the street hoping to aid anyone else.

Sirius was determine that the one he saw was Lucius Malfoy. He was following him, throwing curses at him.

"Crucio!" came the voice of his cousin, Bellatrix.

Sirius rolled out of the way, shielding himself with a protective charm. As he stood back up, he shot a curse in her direction. He had lost sight of both Bellatrix and Lucius.

From behind, without Sirius' notice, Bellatrix shrieked, "Crucio!"

He fell to the ground, feeling like he was on being stabbed with a thousand needles.

Some one's home caught fire in the distance.

"Expelliarmus!" Remus screamed at Bellatrix. A look of pure shock came over her face, as Sirius rose to snatch her wand, but he was struck down again.

Wicked clouds threatened them with rain. Wind whipped, causing the fire to spread.

James found himself face-down in the dirt, barely conscious. Maybe they already thought he was dead.

Sparks of red and green came from every direction.

"Kill!" a high-pitched, cold voice said, "Don't be shy, my faithful friends, fight them. Fight them all to death, if you must."

Estelle felt the hair stand on the back of her neck as a chill passed through her like no other. The only person she could see was Jasper Bones. She ran to him and helped him fight off the one he was dueling. The Death Eater took off his mask, gave an ugly grin,and disappeared.

This was not comforting.

Estelle and Jasper looked at each other, and grabbed hands before moving closer to the main street of Hogsmeade. She was shaking now.

Dumbledore stood mid-street, looking more angry than Estelle had ever seen him. A light rain had started to fall. James was sitting up on the ground. Sirius was now rushing toward her. Remus was leaning against a building for support. Frank and Alice Longbottom embraced one another. Hagrid was patting his dog, Fang. All the Death Eaters had fled.

Estelle ran to Sirius and kissed him.

"I was so scared. You left me so fast," she murmured.

"Its over, for now," he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little action chapter never hurt anyone,