Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

High Marks in Transfiguration

Sirius tied the letter to the leg of a school owl. For awhile, he stood in the owlery, watching the birds fluffing their feathers.

Luckily, there were things to look forward to. Although the search for a perfectly empty classroom was not going as well as they had hoped, this weekend was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. Now that Sirius was a third year, he and his friends were allowed to attend.

Since most were anxious for the weekend, the week seemed to drag on and on, very slowly, and it seemed like the weekend was never going to come.

James and Sirius sat in the common room staring down at their divination books, trying to make sense of the tea leaf patterns listed in the book. It was useless, they thought, and it seemed like they wasted an elective choosing that class.

Skipping into the common room, Estelle cleared her throat, "I think I found something."

Exchanging glances, Sirius and James got to their feet. they first, went to the library to fetch Lupin and Peter.

They carefully made their way up to the fifth floor. Estelle glanced back and forth before pulling the door open, revealing an empty classroom with spiderwebs and dusk all over the place.

The five of them stepped inside and looked around. There was nothing special about this room, really. It didn't look like anyone had used it in ages. It was perfect.

"You know, this is going to take a lot of work and we'll have to get ahead of the class and concentrate really hard on this," Estelle said.

Peter looked worried.

"So, we'll get really high marks in Transfiguration," Sirius replied.

For a few hours, they practiced what they knew inside the classroom. By the time they returned to the common room is was nearly eleven o'clock.

Lily looked at them suspiciously as they returned.

Their trip to Hogsmeade was extremely amusing, likely due to the fact it was the first time any of them had been there. James and Sirius couldn't keep out of Zonko's Joke Shop.

Finally, the five of them settled at a booth in the Three Broomsticks. Jasper Bones smiled at Estelle and said, "Hello."

The evening was enjoyable, until Snape and Lily came in. Then, James growled and left with Sirius following behind.

As the months passed, Professor McGonagall was highly impressed with the newly acquired talent in the five of them. Their marks were highest in Transfiguration, that was for sure.

Though, potions wasn't going as well. James and Peter were disastrous. Sirius and Lupin nearly poisoned themselves on accident. Estelle and her partner, Jasper Bones weren't doing to well either. The only ones who seemed to be doing well in this class were Lily and Snape, and of course, they were Slughorn's favorite.

Winter approached quickly. A draft came through the entrance hall now. Snow was beginning to fall. James, Sirius, Lupin, Peter, and Estelle were more close-knit than before, scurrying off to every classes together.

Their first winter Hogsmeade visit came around. Estelle, Sirius and Remus didn't take much time to look around the shops as they usually would. A nice warm cup of butterbeer sounded much nicer, and they headed to The Three Broomsticks.

Lily and Snape were sitting together at the bar.

"Well, it's probably for the better that James didn't hurry in here," Sirius said eyeing them.

Lupin laughed a little, "It's kind of amusing how much she really hates James, and how big of a crush he has on her."

"Too bad though," Estelle said smiling slightly.

"If James wouldn't act like such an ass around her then, maybe she would like him better," Sirius shrugged.

"Tried telling him that?" Estelle questioned.

"No!" Sirius replied.

Soon after, James and Peter came in and joined them at their booth. When Lily saw James enter, she kept looking at him while she spoke, then she and Snape got up from their seats and made their way towards the exit.

James was muttering curses under his breath, and stayed in a sour mood for the majority of the day.

Christmas holiday came and went fairly quickly. Sirius ended up spending the time with James.

Soon, the snow was melting and flowers were blooming. The five of them were quite a bit ahead of McGonagall's teaching in their own personal lessons. Lupin quite practicing with them, because he still thought the whole idea was ridiculous.

The first warm Saturday, the five of them decided to do their studying outside, where they were all laying or sitting on the grass.

"Guys," Peter said quietly, "you know, I'm really beginning to worry. I'm not nearly as good as you--"

"You'll be fine, Peter," Estelle said, "the more you worry, the harder it's going to be."

"And it's not like it really matters..." Lupin said quietly.

"Sure it does!" Sirius exclaimed sitting up.

"Will you keep your voice down!" Estelle hissed, glancing around at all the other students who had the same idea they did.

Sirius made a face, "No..."

"We don't need anymore attention on ourselves when we're speaking of such things, and with your loud trap, we're going to draw it!" she hissed.

Sirius shot her a glare.

"Come on you two," James said rolling his eyes.

"I can't help that Sirius has such a hard time controlling the volume of his voice," Estelle replied.

"Then why don't you go sit with someone who can control their voice, like Jasper Bones or someone," Sirius said raising his voice, purposely now.

Estelle growled under her breath, "Maybe I will..." She looked up and glanced over her shoulder where Jasper was sitting and talking to two Hufflepuffs.

"You two fight like cats and dogs," Lupin said, "just shut it."

Estelle crossed her arms. Sirius smirked.

The nice warm day faded into night, and they all made their way to dinner. Oddly, an owl fluttered to Sirius during dinner. He took the letter and shoved it in his pocket, before stroking the owl and giving it a piece of his bread.

He didn't open it until they went back tot he common room. "Probably another warning from the noble house of Black..." he muttered.

Dear Sirius,

Thank you so much for your support. I knew you had a good heart.

I've named my daughter Nymphadora. I would love for you to be able to meet her and Ted. Due tot he circumstances it isn't wise to arrange a visit yet. I will give them your good wishes though.

Through the 'family', I heard that you were sorted into Gryffindor. How do you like everything at Hogwarts?

Keep in touch.

Love, Andromeda


Sirius smiled and pulled out a piece of blank parchment.

"What was that about?" Estelle questioned.

"From my cousin," he replied, taking out a quill, "the one that they burned off of the family tree."

"Oh," she replied, "Do you really think it's a good idea to write to her, then?"

"It's as good of an idea as having a conversation with you."

Dear Dromeda,

I wish that I could come and visit too, but mum and dad are already furious with me for sneaking out to stay with a friend over the summer.

Thanks to this house, I've been tormented by the family worse than ever, but I've made the most amazing friends. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm just worried about the people who Regulus is befriending. I know all Slytherin aren't bad, take you for instance, but this generations crowd have a dark loom hanging over them.

In my Transfiguration class, I've already gotten ahead of my teacher. I hate potions. Care of Magical Creatures is my favorite. I really love Hogwarts.

It's really nice to heard from you.

Love, Sirius
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?