Sequel: Don't Forget

Maybe Memories

Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop

The two weeks between the night in the Astronomy Tower and today (the Hogsmeade weekend) were almost the same as always. Though, it seemed Estelle had her claws out even more than usual and any chance she could get to fight with Sirius, she took. Sirius actually began enjoying it, because his plan had worked, so he thought.

But, today was a complete disaster. At first, it was fine, Sirius was waiting outside of Madam Puddifoot's for Chelsey and she showed up right on time. In all honesty, now, he felt kind of bad for 'using' Chelsey to make Estelle 'jealous'. She was fairly enjoyable to be around and she was really, really pretty.

The disaster began when they were having tea, and talking. Estelle and Jasper came in and sat right in Sirius' view. He shifted in the booth, as close to Chelsey as he could, and could still see Estelle.

"Well, hello there?" Chelsey said smiling.

Sirius laughed, "Yeah, I...thought you might be cold." He put his arm around her.

"A little."

Attempting to make conversation, Sirius began, "Erm, so Christmas is coming up... You do what for Christmas?" He mentally smacked himself in the forehead for saying that the wrong way.

"I always go home for the break and spend some time with my mum and dad, you know?" she replied.

"Right, right...most people do that..." he responded.

She giggled, "Well, what about you?"

"I usually go to James Potter's house for break..."

"Oh, that's good...I guess," she said.

Then, of course, he had to catch a glimpse of Jasper reaching across the table and putting his hand on Estelle's. He gritted his teeth and looked at his lap.

"You and James are like, best friends?" she said in a questioning tone.

"Practically brothers," Sirius replied.

"What about that girl over there?" Chelsey asked, "Estelle?"

"What about her?" Sirius questioned, defensively.

"She's your friend too right?"

"Yeah, she is..." he replied, "I just didn't know she was planning on coming here today..."

Chelsey glanced up at her, "She and Jasper look cute together."

"Jasper's a git," Sirius muttered.

"Oh, you don't like him?"

"Nope...never have, really," Sirius replied uneasily. This was not the plan.

Chelsey nodded.

Then, the idea came to him. Maybe it was a stupid idea, but it was something. He leaned over and pressed his lips to Chelsey's. It must of worked some-what, because she kissed him back. It sort of turned into something that really wasn't appropriate for the whole tea shop to see.

So, they eventually did move to a different place. When they did, he noticed Estelle wasn't sitting there with Jasper any longer.

Sirius found himself, even as cold as it was, sitting on a bench, snogging Chelsey to keep his mind free from Estelle.

Until, of course, of all people, Estelle cleared her throat. Sirius ignored her, and Chelsey pretty much did too. Estelle stamped her foot impatiently, "Sirius!"

Rolling his eyes, he tore away from Chelsey, and looked up to see her...and Jasper. "What, can't you see I'm a little preoccupied?"

"Well, this is more important!" Estelle demanded.

Chelsey glared at her.

"Get on with it, then," Sirius said.

"It's James."

"Oh, bloody hell, Estelle," he sighed, "what?"

She crossed her arms, "He won't move. He's just sitting on the ground, staring off blankly. It's really starting to worry me, because he won't talk to us. I'm pretty sure he's just upset because Lily hates him and he's like in love with her, but he doesn't want to admit it to us."

"And what does it have to do with me?"

She tutted, "I thought you might care since he's your best mate."

Sirius got up without saying anything to Chelsey, and followed Estelle, who left Jasper standing there.

They ended up in front of the Three Broomsticks pub, where across the road from it, James was sitting. He did look pitiful, staring at the sky at an angle that would've hurt any one's neck.

"How long has he been sitting there?" Sirius questioned.

"Long enough..." Estelle replied.

Sirius sat down next to James, "Isn't your arse getting cold?"

James looked at Sirius, then looked at the pub.

"Come off it already, James," Sirius said.

James sighed, which was more of a response than Estelle had gotten.

"You think Snape hexed him?" Sirius said looking up at Estelle.

She shrugged.

"No..." James said softly.

"Stop this madness and go back to school at least," Sirius said, "This is sickening. You look like a bloody idiot with your mouth gaped open like that."

"Sirius, that was a little harsh don't you think?" Lupin asked from the other side of James.

"He's right though," James said.

"It's not attractive," Sirius replied, "Don't let it show that it bothers you. We all know your infatuated with Evans, but you two can't get along. Just try to be nice to her. I don't like her much. If you do I'll put up with her. Just stop it."

Peter and Lupin exchanged glances while James kept staring at Sirius.

"For once, I totally agree with Sirius," Estelle said, "Except I like Lily. I'll even talk to her, if you want."

James looked up at Estelle, "You would?"

"Yes," Estelle replied.

"Thanks...but don't," James said, "Not yet. I've just, got to move..."

The four of them watched James get up and walk towards Honeyduke's.

"I'm going to make sure he's okay," Lupin said. Peter followed.

"We can get back to our dates, then," Estelle said following Sirius to where they'd left them.

They weren't there anymore.

Sirius huffed, "This is your fault!"

"My fault?" Estelle spewed, "I thought you might be concerned about your friend. Apparently I was wrong, because you're too worried about snogging that trollop Chelsey Boltravik."

Chuckling, Sirius responded, "I wasn't that worried about it."

"Well, whatever!" Estelle snarled,"You did a good job of showing the entire opposite."

"Honestly," he began, but the words just wouldn't come out without a stutter, "I was try-trying to...make you jealous..."

Estelle made a face, "Yes, Sirius, very funny."

"No, I really...kind of was..."

She shook her head, "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'?" he growled.

"Why would you try to make me jealous?" she questioned, "That's stupid."

"Well, you wanted to go to the Astronomy Tower with Jasper and you wanted to go to Madam Puddifoot's with Jasper. You stopped...being our friend!" he exclaimed.

"You're completely mental," Estelle said, "I'm not allowed to have any other friends but you? That's ridiculous."

Sirius sighed, "That's not what I mean! Just...not him!"

"And why not? I happen to like him," Estelle hissed.

"Maybe I like Chelsey."

"I never said you couldn't," she replied, "I just said that she'll snog anything that looks good."

"Are you saying I look good?" Sirius said smirking.

Estelle threw her hands up in the air, "You're impossible!"

"But, you said I was good looking," he said.

"Well, you are, but I don't want to add to your arrogance by admitting it!" she exclaimed.

"You just did, love," he said grinning, "I'll even it out. You're absolutely stunning."

She flushed bright red, "Shut up."

"I'm being honest!" he admitted, "You're really pretty."

"Stop!" she exclaimed, "You always have to be proving something, don't you?"

"Fine," he said, "I'll stop being nice--"

"Ha!"

"--and I'll just write things down, like that git, Bones," Sirius continued, "Whatever you want."

Estelle huffed, "Just...stop it."

"Why?"

They were interrupted by a snowball hitting Estelle in the arse. She jerked around and began to take all her aggravation out on whoever thought it was so funny to do that, but it was only Lupin, who was laughing, likely at the look on her face.

Sirius had already thrown a snowball back at him. Even James joined them in their snowball fight.

They returned to Honeyduke's to stock up on sweets until the next trip. James, who had spent the majority of the day there, began wondering around until he ran across the cellar door, and made all of them go down there with him.

"Lumos," James' wand lit, and Sirius noticed a trap door.

"Let's do it," Sirius said lifting the door.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Lupin began.

Peter shifted uncomfortably, "Yeah, who knows what's down there."

Sirius grumbled something rude.

"Come on guys," James said, "It'll be fun."

Estelle knew James' idea of fun was usually more dangerous than most's. Still, she followed the four boys with her wand lit as well. A passageway was ahead. They kept going through it, until they came upon a door. When they opened it, they were behind the one-eyed witch statue in Hogwarts.

"If we get caught here we'll be in so much trouble! We're supposed to be at Hogsmeade or in the common room!" Lupin hissed.

Sirius heard nothing. He was to busy thinking of all the possibilities of the passage.

"Oh, it's fine, Remus," James said, "We're supposed to be coming back from Hogsmeade about now, anyway."

The five of them, as unsuspiciously as possible, made their way back to the Gryffindor common room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?