Between Lies and Promises

Its Just Another Manic Monday

Its Just Another Manic Monday
Post Song;; Manic Monday by Reliant K

“Have you seen her?”

“Yes! And did you see that shirt she was wearing?”

“Someone should tell her its not a dress. Gawd.”

I headed warily towards my morning table, backpack slung over a single shoulder. My hair swept over my eyebrows and brushed against the nape of my neck and my tied leather choker, a gift from my mother. The strip of metal in the front was engraved with Jase. Son and Protector. She had given it to me a week after my father had left, the day after she got out of the hospital. I fingered it as I dropped my backpack on the table.

“Nice shirt Jase.” Cassie commented.

I looked down at my thin white tee with the faded outline of an orange giraffe in the center. “Thanks Cass.” I stuffed my hands in my holey jeans. “Who are we talking about?”

“You haven’t seen her?” Emilia gawked.

I shook my head, causing gasps and comments around the table of girls. Chad shook his head across from me, giving me a look that told me I shouldn’t have asked. Oh well.

“The new girl. We don’t even know her name.” Meka whisper/gasped.

“Oh no!” Chad gasped. “Its twenty minutes into her first day and no one knows her name!” he looked at me.

“Oooo! Scandalous!” We chorused in high pitched voices and then pounded the others fist, laughing.

“Okay, I was heading over to this table, but if you two are suddenly gay, I think I’ll go sit with Amy.” Tommy grimaced at the thought of sitting with his girlfriend of a year and her crazy friends, though I knew he loved Amy.

The bell rang and I jumped up onto the stage and swung my arm around Tommy. “Oh come on man .You know if I rolled like that I’d go after you. Not fucktard Chad.”

“Hey!” Chad leapt onto the stage and charged after me as I ran from the cafeteria and through the gym.

“Jason Drescher! Get out of my gym!” Coach Fredricks yelled at me. I saluted him as I ran, grinning at the cheerleaders as they practiced.

“Hey girls!” I shouted, running backwards. They laughed and giggled. It was then I noticed that Chad was no longer behind me. I stopped running. The cheerleaders gave me a funny look. My brow furrowed.

“Where di-” Before I could finish my thought I was on the ground. I flipped over under my attacker.

“Fucktard?” He whisper shouted. “Oh you’re so getting your ass kicked!” He snarled.

I was laughing hard, even though he was pummeling me.

“Boys! Stop that this instant!” I looked up to see Principal Tate glaring down at us, hands on her hips, her skirt suit making them more prominent.

Chad rolled off of me, laughing so hard tears slid down his face. I jumped up from the ground and offered him a hand. I yanked him up.

“Sorry Tate.” I smiled, pulling my charm out. “Just two boys goofing around.”

She smoothed her skirt. “Well try to be a little more respectful. The girls are practicing their routine for the tournament.”

“Of course ma’am.” I nodded, offering her my arm. She wrapped hers around it and I led her across the gym. “What would we do without you Tate?” I asked, patting her hand.

“Oh. I’m…I’m quite sure you’d figure something out.” She ran a hand over her hair, obviously flattered.

“I oppose that thought quite strongly.” I smiled. “Luckily we will never have to find out now will we?” I finished off, stopping at the door and holding it open for her.

She stepped into the doorway. “Well I sure hope not. Thank you my dear boy. And do try to stay out of trouble please.”

“Of course Tate. Have a good day.”

“You as well.” And I closed the door as she went off down the hallway, confused and glowing.

“Day-yum Jase!” Chad laughed, clapping my hand into his and hitting my chest. “You get out of everything man!”

I laughed. “Yeah man, thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know.
I already posted.
But I'm borrrrrrrrrred and wanna see if someone will frickin comment! (;
You know...if you comment....
it means you're reading....
if youre reading...
it means I'll read and comment
and possibly subscribe to something of yours....

hmmm gotcha thinking about commenting didnt I?
Comment about the new 'nameless' girl...
Who could she be!?

Nienke should have another Tamara chapter ready in a while.
She's saaaaweet! haha! (;

Much love,
AutumnCaroline