Between Lies and Promises

Back Off, I'll Take You On! Headstrong, I'll Take

Back Off, I’ll Take You On! Headstrong, I’ll Take On Anyone!
Post Song;; Headstrong by Trapt

I strolled into world history casually, a smile on my lips.

“Ah. Mr. Drescher. How nice of you to join us.”

I winked at Ms. Curdey. “I wouldn’t miss your class Ms. C!” I exclaimed. “Its my favorite.”

“Oh I’m sure.” She rolled her eyes, but her lips tugged up into a smile. “Please just take your seat. I was just about to assign someone to show our new student around.”

It was then, as I was heading to my seat that I saw her. The bright colored, festive tee hung over her slight frame. The white tights hugged her calves and thighs. Black gladiator shoes showed off her manicured toes. Purple wayfarers graced her face. [[Sunglasses inside. Hmm…]] A shiny silver ring glittered as she moved her mix-matched nails to brush her feathered bangs back into place and twirl a curl around two fingers. The silver bow on the side of her head sent rainbow crystals reflecting along her desk. [[Side note from Jason to reader;; I know Tommy made a comment about my sexuality, but I am so straight I’d beat a sober man in a line walking contest. The descriptions of the girls outfit came from living with my mother.]]

I slid into my desk, the one next to hers, nodding at her once.

“Yes. So, now that Mr. Drescher has agreed to show Ms. Lyons around we can-”

“I’m sorry. What?” I exclaimed, tearing my eyes from the girl next to me to stare blankly at Ms. C. “Mr. Drescher did what now?”

She simply smiled in return before looking down at her teachers book and waving a hand behind her at the writing on the whiteboard. “You may all turn to page 245 and begin to copy down the vocabulary. Starting with flappers. You may work with the people around you if you wish.”

Then she left the room in search of Mr. Warner, one of our vice-principals, and the man Ms. C was crazy about. It was a normal day in world history. Aside from the stranger sitting next to me.

I turned in my seat and leaned across the space, holding my hand out to her. “Hi there. I’m Jason Drescher.”

She looked at me from the corner of her eyes. “The Jason every girl in this room was talking about before you got here? As if they really knew where you were?”

“Um…”

“Personally, my bets are on the spunky red-head.” She said, pointing a blue nail at Emilia. “She looks like the type you’d actually hang out with, and her explanation that you were being chased for calling a friend a fucktard seems very likely. Whereas that one,” she pointed a green nail at a girl across the room with frizzy black hair named Natalie. “is most likely way off with the suggestion that you were fighting a circus escapee tiger on the baseball field wielding only a piece of gum and a number two pencil. But, who knows. Maybe I’m wrong.” She shrugged.

I blinked a few times, baffled. “I’m sorry…what?”

She laughed, rolling her eyes. Ignoring my hand, which had dropped slightly, she spoke again. “The name is Moli.” And then she yanked a sheet of wide ruled paper from a spiral and flipped her book open to page 245 and searched for the word flapper.

While she started the class work, I tried to remember if I had ever even talked to Natalie. I think at one time I hung out with her and her best friend Frankie, whose blonde hair was now a deep burgundy and claimed to be going out with Brain Haner from A7x. Yet when I asked her what she thought about his tattoos, she started babbling that he had a tattoo of her on his lower back with roses and hearts and an I LOVE FRANKIE below it. Having met Syn himself at a backstage, VIP concert, I knew this was incredibly off.

I shook my head. Some people would do anything to be a part of a certain group.

I tried to focus once again on Moli.

“So, Moli. What are you doing here at Brooks Academy?” I asked pleasantly, scribbling down the assignment on my arm to do that night, as always.

“My mother remarried a year ago and The Devilish Actor wanted to move here.”

“I’m sorry…Devilish Actor?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Holy crow that’s cool!” She exclaimed suddenly.

“What is?” I asked, eyebrow moving up more.

“The eyebrow thing.” She waved a finger in my face, aiming at my raised eyebrow. “I wish I could do that!” And then she proceeded to make strange faces.

What are you doing?” I asked, chuckling.

“Trying to do that thing!” She cried quietly, pointing at me again.

I shook my head. “Who is the Devilish Actor?” I asked again.

She kept making the faces, making it hard to take her serious as she answered. “My step-dad. Or step demon. He’s an actor.”

“Ah. Anyone I’ve heard of?”

“Scott Drescher.” She answered.

My stomach dropped and I tasted blood in my mouth as I bit my tongue to keep from screaming. Tears of anger stung my eyes. Trying to keep myself composed I asked her another question. “Did he say why he wanted to move back?” My jaw was tight and my words were strangled.

“No, but I bet it’s because…wait…whaddya mean ‘back’?” She asked, flipping her head to look in my eyes.

But I couldn’t answer. I was shaking with anger. That stupid fucking bastard had come back and had gotten MARRIED?!?!? I gripped the desk tight, hands forming fists. My right hand’s nails dug into the wood and my left popped blood up on my palm.

“Jase?” I heard Emilia’s voice next to me. I strained my neck to look at her. She flinched back at the look of fury in my eyes and on my face. “Babe, what’s wrong?” She put a hand on my right one.

“He’s back.” I hissed. “The fucking jackass is back.”

▀▄▀▄▀█▄▀▄▀▄█▀▄▀▄▀

The rest of the day was absolute torture. The notice that my abusive son of a female dog father was back in town coupled with the fact that he had gotten remarried and I had a step sister burned inside of me like a flame licking at my skin. I was unable to concentrate all day until I was finally able to leave. The last bell rang and I practically mowed down poor freshman as I ran to my truck.

I heard footsteps running after me. “Jason! Jason wait!” I opened my truck door, only to have a mix polished hand close it back. I turned to glare at Moli.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”

“Bullshit you didn’t know. He had to of told you about me! About his previous marriage!”

She shook her head innocently. “No. He didn’t. This is as much of a surprise to me as it is to you.”

The fire inside of me crackled as she added more fuel.

“Jason, I’m terribly sorry.”

“Where do you live?” I growled.

“Jason, I…I can’t. I don’t know what you’d do.”

“You don’t get it do you?!” I shouted. “That fucking bastard messed me up! He hurt me and my mother and he wasn’t even going to warn us that he was back in town!”

“Warn you?”

I shook my head, sighing. “Just…be careful around him Moli.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Strong words coming from Mr. Dreschers mouth now arent they?
(; I'm loving this story so much!
I've got two more chapters written,
But I've posted three in a row.
So I'ma wait for Nienke to post one!
Her and her amazing self! (;

Okay, comment. Now.
(;

What do you think of the band Muse?

Gabz AKA x.lovee;; , they are SPAWESOME! (;
Spectacularly Awesome. (;

Much Love,
AutumnCaroline

OH, I'm going to be posting the next two chapters tomorrow, maybe a third, of Jason. Because I'm leaving Sunday for about a week.
Counselor at a camp.
Woooooo.
church camp.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hahaha!
BYEBYE
COMMENT!!!!!!