Between Lies and Promises

Don't Worry About Me Because I'm Doing Fine

Don’t Worry About Me Because I’m Doing Fine
Post Song;; Damn Regret by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

My tires were squealing in protest as I slammed my brakes and left black marks on our driveway. I jumped out of my truck and slammed into the house.

“Juliet!” I roared. “Mom! Jewel!”

She stumbled into the room as quickly as possible.

“What’s wrong Jase?”

“He’s back!” I screamed, stomping upstairs to her room. I began to search in shoe boxes under her bed for the pistol she bought after my father left. “I’m going to kill that bastard!”

“Jase, sweetie, who’s back? And what are you looking for?” My mother sat on the edge of her bed, hands twisting around each other.

“Scott! And I’m looking for that damned gun!”

She put a hand on my shoulder. “Jason, sweetheart. I can’t understand you when you’re screaming. Except the word ‘damned’ and ‘gun’. Which you’re not going to find here. Its in my car.”

I stood up, still burning with fury. My mothers eyes were full of worry. “Sweetie?” She asked. “Jase?”

“Never mind Mom.” I told her. “It’s just something I overreacted to.” What was I thinking? I couldn’t tell her about him being back. She’d fall apart.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not really.” I sighed, trying to calm down while I was in her presence. I sunk down on the bed next to her.

“Jewel,” I began. “What would you do if Scott came back into our lives?” I asked warily.

She seemed slightly taken aback by my sudden question. “Jase. Are you worried about what would happen if he did?” She lay down beside me, tiny compared to my quarterback build. She stroked my hair gently.

Was I? Yes. Yes I was. I nodded. “Yeah.” I croaked, voice disappearing from all the yelling. I yawned.

“Jason Lee. You have nothing to worry about. He will never touch either of us again.” She promised.

“I sure hope you’re right.” I mumbled, slipping into darkness.

“He wouldn’t dare to even come back.” She whispered. “That much I know for sure.”

I wish you were right there Mom.

Oh how I wish you were right…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, really short chapter.
But tonight I'm posting all of the ones I already have written
to tide you all over until I get back a week from today.
camp.
Again.
Wooooo.
ugh.

Also, we're thinking I may have appendicitis. and we have to wait 24 hours for the symptoms to get worse or the number of symptoms to grow until we go to the hospital. SO, if this is true and I do have it, then I will not be able to go to camp, and will be posting more this week then expected.
Please pray for me though. I dont wanna have it. I hate needles. Ugh.
Plus, we really dont have the money for the procedure.

Much Love,
AutumnCaroline

On, and Nienke should have a chapter up for you guys soon on Tamara. I already read it, and its amazing. (;
so, when she posts it, comment and tell her she's awesome. (;