Status: On hold

Sweet Dreams

Dark Hallways

“Now, babe…” He whispered in my ear. My back arched against him and my breathing was ragged. Oh, it felt so good…

His hands snaked up towards my neck and I could’ve sworn he was going to pull me into another passionate kiss. I loved them. But instead, his hand clasped around my neck and my eyes snapped open. “What the hell?” I choked out as he began to tighten his grip on my neck. My eyes were watering and I felt so utterly helpless.

His short fingernails dug into my skin, leaving crescent shaped marks in his wake. I hissed in pain. This was not the pain I enjoyed, it was not pleasurable. But he knew that. He batted his eyelashes against my cheek before speaking again, but it was drowned out by the sound of my heart pounding in my ear drums.

And before I even realized it, he was crushing my neck with little effort. My heart beat was wild in my chest and a flurry of colors passed before my eyes before-


I woke up with a fresh sheet of sweat covering my body. I threw the covers off to see my bare stomach glisten with it, even in the dark. Just in my bra and panties, I took one of my zip-up hoodies and covered myself up before walking out of the common rooms and into the halls. I had to get out of the dorms… It just didn’t seem too cozy at the moment. My mind was still a mess from the dream.

I kept looking down to my feet until I bumped into someone. I didn’t see any light…so I was guessing that it wasn’t a Professor…thank Merlin. “Lumos!” I looked and saw no one…how odd. Suddenly, Harry Potter’s head appeared as well as the rest of his body. Damn him and his invisibility cloak.

“What are you doing out here, Potter?” I sneered, as we were still near the dungeons. He was about to retort but we heard footsteps coming and he grabbed my waist, pulling me to him as close as possible before he shrouded us with the cloak.

His touch was gentle as his breathing was shallow in my ear and I held my breath. For some strange reason I felt safe here with Potter…I mentally berated myself for thinking like that and just as McGonagall rounded the corner, I slipped the cloak off. “Thanks…”I mumbled, trying to walk off as fast as I could. Just as I was – hopefully – getting away from him, his hands clamped down on my wrist.

Behind his lenses, brown eyes looked down at me in confusion. “I…I just need to ask you something.” I bit my lip for a second and shivered, remembering that I failed to slip on pants before walking out. “Alright” I responded and he let out the breath he was holding.

“Why do you hate me so much?” His question hung in the air as I pondered how much noise I would make if I ran away… “Maybe a different time Potter…I’m not really in the best mood right now.” I replied softly, hoping he would leave me alone. Curse Potter, curse his ability to find me at my weakest state – when I’m so depressed, confused, and EVERYTHING that I don’t act like myself.

“Oh…um, understood, I guess.” He stumbled upon his words and for a second I wondered why. “So, uh, what are you doing out here?” He asked quietly and I sighed, sliding down against the wall and he sat down next to me. I suppose that if someone else came, that was a better position than the previous to have the cloak fit over both of us.

“I can’t sleep. I’ve recently been getting a huge series of weird dreams…” I sighed and turned to him as he looked at me intently. “What about you, Potter?” My voice was a whisper as I re-asked my question from earlier.

“I can’t sleep either. Now that Umbridge-” “Umbitch” I corrected with a grin and he chuckled. “Alright, now that Umbitch has been here and changed everything, Hogwarts seems different…and it’s just unsettling…” I couldn’t help but giggle. “What, you afraid she’s going to take advantage of you in your sleep? Or is it Dumdeydo you’re afraid for?”

He furrowed his brows. “Du-” he began to question but I just giggled again. “Dumbledore, that’s my nickname for him.” I explained and he simply shook his head.

“You sure come up with weird nicknames.” He noted and I waved him off. He was just jealous.

I almost froze as I realized how absolutely stupid I was. I was conversating with the boy whose life I had to, needed to, make miserable. I shot out of my seat on the floor, causing Harry confusion. Before he could question me, I cleared my throat.

“I’m starting to feel dizzy and tired, so it’s best that I go back to my dorm. See you later, Potter.” My voice returned to its normal cold tone as I briskly walked past him and back towards the dungeons.

I didn’t bother to allow Harry reply or anything for that matter. I didn’t want to hear it. Tears, once again, slipped past my eyelids. Was I really that stupid as to talk to him so much? Where was the resentment I held for him earlier?

Suddenly, my dream didn’t matter to me anymore. It didn’t bother me that a man I was sleeping with meant to kill me instead. It didn’t even bother me that it could’ve been Fred. I didn’t know, and I didn’t care.

Wrapping my arms around myself and happy that my bare feet didn’t make much noise against the corridor floor, I thought of a sort of revenge on Potter that wouldn’t seem much like a true revenge. A smirk made its way upon my lips as I remembered the first Quidditch game, against Gryffindor…tomorrow.

Ah, how he will atone for making me forget how much I hated him.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! I've been hoarding part of this chapter for months, so I'm glad to finally post it!

That was 1006 words, so be happy. XD Haha.

But I'm super excited to write...THE QUIDDITCH GAME! Woooo!
*does a little dance*

EDIT: I, Bekkah, now have a livejournal. If you want to check it out, link is on my profile.
If you have your own livejournal, add me! If you don't, make one and then add me XD