Status: On hold

Sweet Dreams

Encounter With Draco

I woke up and stretched groggily. I was surprised I was up. I usually slept for hours at a time, not by minutes. I rummaged through my drawer, and found some crackers. Maybe I can go feed Squiddy from the Black Lake.

"Nik?" I called out, but there was no answer.

Huh, that was odd. I was so used to her trying to wake me up, and laughing at my aggravated threats. Maybe she needed alone time or she was with Fred. Speaking of Fred, are they dating or not? Because I had no idea whether or not George and I are. I went into the bathroom, and decided to brush my hair. Hmmmm, when should I dye the blonde side of my head green? Maybe Game Day. I put on a black and green horizontal striped sweater, black skinny jeans and green converse. Yes, I was in a major Slytherin pride kind of mood today. I decided to not wear eyeliner, because I just didn't feel like dealing with that. It's not like I was going to snog anyone or anything.

I exited my dormitories, and walked around. I ran into Ron Weasley. I had nothing against the Weasleys. I just wanted to run into... I don't know... GEORGE?!?!

"Hi, Ron." I muttered.

He stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Where's Nikki?" He asked.

"Where's Harry?" I retorted.

"Touche." He said absentmindedly.

"Later." I sighed.

Finally, I arrived at The Black Lake. This is where I wait for Squiddy to come out of the water. He knew I loved playing with him. I would usually run around the lake like an idiot and he would raise one of his tentacles at me to catch me. And he would ALWAYS accept the food I gave to him.

"Squiddy? Where are you?" I called out. I saw the creature in the lake, and I swear it smiled when it saw me.

"Aw, I missed you too, buddy." I murmured, putting my hand in the water so I can pet Squiddy.

I pet him and gave him every bit of my crackers. I could tell he was expecting double the food, but since Nik was nowhere to be seen, it was just me.

"Don't worry, buddy. Nikki will feed you soon. I promise." I smiled.

After playing and petting Squiddy for a bit, I heard a couple quarreling. I neer bothered meddling into people's personal lives, but I could have sworn I heard my name. So, I hid behind a tree and listened. Ah, of course. It was Draco and Pansy.

"Drakkie Poo, I'm merely requesting you quit the Quidditch team! That's not hard, is it?!" She whined.

"Are you mad? Quidditch is my passion. I refuse to quit. Besides, they need me on the team now more than ever." He sighed.

"Oh, please. Don't give me that. The only reason you love Quidditch so much is because that wretched King girl is on the team. Don't think I know about you two." She grimaced.

"What in the hell are you talking about?" He demanded.

"Admit it, you're SCREWING Tanya Jane King you bastard!" She shrieked.

"I AM NOT! But you know what?! I WISH I WAS!" He hollered.

I wanted to puke. I knew he had a thing for me, but I never thought it was THIS BAD! How many girls has Draco liked enough to talk about them to Pansy, his girlfriend who has been on and off since third year.

"What are you trying to say, Malfoy?" She muttered.

He let out a huge sigh, and said calmly, "Look, I don't feel the way I used to towards you. I mean, to be honest, I've never loved you. I practically used you because you never said no to me. You're easy... Too easy. And I've actually met someone I want to be with, physically and emotionally. It's over between us, and I won't be coming back to you."

Pansy slapped him and ran off balling like a little girl. He, however, had no guilt. I didn't know if I should climb the tree and not be seen or just stand there and talk to him about what I'd just heard him say. Either way, I was in shock. I mean, what did he see in me?! I'm not what you would call "pleasant". "Tempestuous" is the word that would describe my behavior better.

"Look, I know you're behind that tree, Tanya." He muttered.

"Is that why you said what you said? To humor me?" I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to read this guy.

"No, I didn't know you were here until I made an ass of myself and basically declaring my feelings for you..." He sighed, trying to prove himself.

"Oh yeah. Sure." I snorted, making my sarcasm more and more obvious.

"Tanya, please listen to me." He was still speaking calmly, and not in that arrogant voice he usually spoke in. This was a whole different side of him. He took my hands, and placed them into his. "I really, really, really like you. I can't say I love you just yet, but I'm getting there..." His voice was oddly soothing, and he was looking at me in the eyes, and not at my chest, which was good I guess.

"Wait, how do I know-" I tried to speak my mind, but the slick git planted a kiss onto my lips. Instead of kicking him in the rib cage like I would usually do, I just stood there. I'd always dreaded the day he would put the moves on me and mess with my head. I always swore to myself to NEVER fall for his dirty tricks, but those thought didn't cross my mind. The worst thing about it was... That... Not only did I kiss him back, but I also... Enjoyed it... When I broke the kiss, his eyes were half lidded and his lips were still pouty, like he wasn't expecting the kiss to go on forever. After that, there was an awkward silence... Great, I'd always hated those.

"So, where's Nikki?" He asked breathlessly.

"Way to change the subject." I laughed.

"Yeah... Sorry about that. I've wanted to do that since first year..." He tensed up. Awww, he was embarrassed.

"It's fine, I guess..." I murmured.

"TJ!" Called out Nik.

"I should go, but I'll... See you around I guess? And... Don't do that again... Unless I give you the OK. I hate surprises." These are the times when I wish I wasn't so socially awkward. I mean, when I'm with Nikki, I'm not as shy, but without her, I'm just... Awkward.

I ran over to my best friend, and linked arms with her. Since she could pretty much read my mind. She smirked at me and elbowed me. I knew she'd pretty much make fun of me for this for a while, or at least until I started dating...

"So, how was it?" She smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I said tensely.

"Come on, TJ. I know Draco kissed you." She teased.

"It was alright, I suppose..." I looked away from her and looked to my right.

"YOU LOVED IT!" She blurted out.

"Maybe I did, but George is way better at it than he is." I winked.

"Awww, you like two boys." She cooed.

"I wouldn't say I LIKE Draco, Nik. I still hate his guts, and I still don't trust him." I corrected her.

"Whatever, TJ." Grinned Nik.
♠ ♠ ♠
AUTUMN HERE! Lol, sorry about that. Here's another (AWESOME) chapter. COMMENT, PEOPLE!!! :)