Status: On hold

Sweet Dreams

Tensions

It might’ve only been a few days since school began again, but it seemed like an eternity. I woke up to the sweet, sweet Saturday air…even if it was the afternoon. As always, TJ was still sleeping in the bed across the room. That girl could’ve slept until breakfast the next day if I let her. Instead, I jumped on her. I knew it was dangerous – and could result in my death – but I was bored!

In one massive motion, TJ knocked me off her back and pulled the covers back over her head with a grunt. I laughed as it was a typical TJ, showing no signs of her encounter with Draco. While most people – i.e., me – would’ve been entirely different, she remained the same. I opened my mouth to taunt her, but she cut me off with a hiss.

“Say anything, any-fucking-thing, and I will make sure it’s the LAST thing you say.” I could only laugh again, as she had threatened me with much worse over the years. But, I still sighed in defeat before sitting back on my own bed. My hands clutched my sheets and my eyes suddenly narrowed as a weird, dangerous feeling crept its way into my stomach. Normally, I would have waved it off…but I didn’t.

“I’m going to the courtyard,” I announced finally, slipping on some clothes over my sleepwear, which was just my bra and panties. With a white wife beater, grey and green striped shorts, and my hair pulled back in a frizzy mess, I stepped outside.

TJ hadn’t even stirred when I left, which I was thankful for. Even though the Draco incident didn’t seemingly affect her, I know it was gnawing on her on the inside. She kissed both Draco and George, and I could tell it was confusing her. The more time she slept like a rock- no, boulder, the less time she spent thinking about it, as she never dreamed in her entire life. It seemed as if all the dreaming went to me.

“Hello Nikki!” A cheerful voice called to me and it was no other than Luna Lovegood. “Have you fed them lately?” She asked after she had finished skipping off to me, barefoot yet again.

“Yeah, just yesterday actually. And are the nargles giving you trouble again?” I never wanted to hang out with the girl; she was just fun to talk to sometimes. Her utter insanity made me feel sane, and I always act like I knew what her and her equally-crazy father were talking about.

She gave me a soft, somewhat sad smile. “Oh that’s good, I’d hate to see them get hungry. I would’ve fed them but I had an essay due.” I nodded along as she fingered her charm necklace, a dreamy glazed-over look in her eyes, “The nargles are the same as always, with the same tricks.” She finished cryptically and I just nodded, continuing to the courtyard.

Students laid around lazily, talking, yelling, and kissing. I found a nice spot beneath a tree and leaned against its thick trunk. “Nik!” I heard two voices yell at the same time and, even though the voices were welcoming, I twitched as I was interrupted again.

“Where’s TJ?” George asked, sitting down in front of me. Fred sat beside me, leaning on his hands outstretched behind him. “Still sleeping,” I giggled, leaning into Fred, “I tried to wake her up but all I got was yet another death threat.” George was about to comment on that but I – of course – cut him off. “Have YOU ever tried to wake up the Tanya Jane King? Hmmm? Ha, didn’t think so!” I grinned triumphantly.

Fred laughed along with me and that’s how we were for a few minutes. Suddenly, both their expressions went sour as they caught sight of Draco. I knew they didn’t like him but…what was up with their glares.

“He likes TJ, right?” George asked gravely and I wouldn’t doubt it if I paled at that. He took it was a yes, curling his fists up at his sides. “That bastard, I won’t let him use her.” I shivered at his tone, Fred instinctively wrapping his arms around me. I decided that George shouldn’t hear about how Draco really, really likes her and she’d kill him if he ever thought of using her, but that wouldn’t help. In fact, it could make things worse.

“He’ll get it.” He muttered more to himself than anyone else, but I couldn’t help but listen in…even if the sound of Fred’s heartbeat was inviting me to listen for eternity. “Quidditch, next week, he’ll get it…” I almost froze as I remembered our first game was against Gryffindor. George snapped out of his thoughts with a cheeky smile.

“I’ll let the happy couple snog without company, as I need to find my own girlfriend.” My cheeks tinted pink as Fred laughed at that. I even forgot about TJ’s problems – and what I would have to break to her – as I turned around in Fred’s lap, our lips and tongues being the only thing that was on my mind, as well as his fiery touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki and TJ will be back together next chapter, so don't worry! Hopefully you all enjoy the story so far, as I'm getting back into writing it! Yay! Even if I'm slacking on Viper Returns to Hogwarts...XD
Encounters might be updated soon...I hope (: