Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

There's No Turning Back From Here

Dating a best friend?
Dating a best friend in the same gender?

If you asked Alex, a day before he met Jack, if he'd ever date a male, he'd be offended. His whole life he was looking for the next girl; eyes set on the most attractive female in the room. Alex thought of himself as a ladies man, he always had. But Barakat just changed him, with a snap of his thin calloused fingers, per say.

True love is blind. Don't let anyone tell you different, it only seeks for within the soul. Color, age, weight, and gender are not boundaries in it's mind, for as I said, it can not see them.

So what does that tell you then; Alex and Jack care about each other's hearts and nothing more? Well I would hope so. I mean, looks do play a role in society, but when it comes down to it, one should over look it. I know, I know; you're wondering why I'm bothering to bring this up, correct?

Well, how shall I word this... Dulaney wasn't accepting other couples of the same gender. Leaving Jack and Alex feeling slightly ashamed of themselves, they couldn't admit that they were together, that they were falling in love. Now isn't that a shame!

These boys were strong, as you may know. They dealt everyday with what people dished toward them about their band not getting anywhere; the less then supportive faculty surrounding them. They ignored it because they knew Emerald Moon Records was already looking at them, practically offering them a deal.

But what did they have to insure themselves when it came to love? If people talked them down, they would have nothing to turn to but each other, and as much as they cared for one another, the nagging might get to them. Their friends would be there how long? Their time around them would show what kind of human being they truly were.

"Morning, I heard things went well, congratulations," Kara said smiling widely at Alex and Jack as they stood opposite of her in the main hall.

Alex and Jack were already aware of the fact that May and Rian knew of their feelings, possibly that they became a couple as soon as the two drove away. But they didn't know that Kara had helped Rian devise a plan, so when she approached them, they freaked rendering them speechless.

Alex composed himself quicker then his boyfriend, he tilted his head slightly and spoke. "Excuse me, Kar?"

"You're commitment, to one another..."

Jack stared at her confused, not understanding what she was getting at. Alex stood beside him, trying to figure out how to deny her statement without offending his clueless partner.

Kara misinterpreted their pause, "You two going out, as a couple."

It was as if the whole hall was quiet at the moment, everyone turned to look at the three in conversation. Some held their mouths open, in complete shock; a few girls nearly dropped their books by hearing Alex Gaskarth was no longer on the market. The murmur of voices picked up, conversation clearly on the two boys.

"Thanks a lot," Jack muttered walking away.

Kara looked at Alex, "I don't understand, did I say something wrong?"

"Yeah, you did, big time. How did you even find out," Alex shook his head feeling naive, "Rian, huh?"

"Well yeah, I was helping him-"

"Helping him." He repeated staring down at his best friend's girlfriend, "So much for him keeping it a secret."

"Alex, calm down. You look like you're about to beat someone up."

"Then I dare say, get the hell out of my way."

She furrowed her brows, being a loving person, she wasn't used to someone speaking to her in such a tone. She wanted nothing more then to help, always. And when she accomplished something, she was proud. All she was trying to do is show that she accepted Alex and Jack, Kara meant no harm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did everyone the new information regarding one-shots and stories?
I'm still slightly confused.
I'd appreciate it if you'd point out a violation if I perhaps stumble upon one.

--xsteff or xgakarth ;]