Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

Have I Ever Told You How Much You Mean To Me?

Jack had left Alex in the main hall, unaware of how he took the whole school finding out. They both were equally mad, but their anger came out in different ways. Jack was bottling it up, his head down as he went through the day ignoring his classmates.

Alex, for once in his life, was happy that he had weight room. He took his anger out on the weights, lifting as much as he could muster; people watched him in awe, unaware his lanky body could lift so much. Alex was hoping on one would test him, because he was at the state where he could flip out at any moment.

Throughout the day, they received nothing but rude comments. Alex found himself with his fists clenched as he walked toward Rian's car at the end of the day. He crossed his arms was he approached and noticed Kara sitting in the passenger's seat, cheer leading practice was off for today.

Alex got in, smiling softly at Jack before going back to frowning. Neither of them looked at Rian nor Kara let alone talk to them. Kara wanted to apologize, she just didn't know how. Her brown eyes were locked on them through the rear view mirror.

"Guys," Ri said as the car pulled out of the parking lot, "Kara didn't mean any harm."

"Well she caused it," Jack stated childishly.

"I am sorry," Kara simply replied, "I want to do anything in my power to help you two, to get you to not hate me. I'll settle with making things quieter around the school once I come up with an idea, you might forgive me one day."

"I don't think you can do anything," Alex muttered bitterly, "why'd you even tell her Ri?"

"Guys!" Rian snapped, not happy with how his friends were treating his girlfriend when she was trying to apologize.

The couple in the front then remained silent, trying to figure out how they could ease the problem they had caused for the one in the back. The car pulled up to Alex's house, Jack got out with him and they watched Dawson drive away before they headed inside.

They sat down on Alex's bed, both deep in thought. Jack's anger was still bottled up, but was released when Alex asked a simple question not looking for any problems.

"So what do you think of this?"

Jack stared at him, "What, are you trying to break up with me? What is wrong with you, humiliation too much for Mister Hot-Stuff!? Popularity isn't everything, sorry I ruined your man whore reputation, damn slut."

"Jack!" Alex stood staring at him in shock.

"Yeah, you heard me right."

"It isn't anything like that and you know it, I just wanted to know where we go from here. Break up with you? Where the hell did that one come from, I just want to get past this junk at school."

Barakat stared at his boyfriend feeling horrible and realizing his mistake, "Alex," he pleaded reaching out for him.

"No," he growled going into the bathroom and locking the door.

He stood under the shower head as hot water beat against his back, the steam started to clear his mind. Alex scrubbed down and washed his hair, he got out and dried off. Not bothering to straighten out his curls, he went back into his room wearing boxers.

Alex sat down on his bed, staring at his boyfriend who was sitting on the opposite side. The two were silent once again, calculating what to say.

Jack decided to speak, "I'm sorry, I took my anger out on you, and that wasn't right of me. Please accept my apology because it will drive me crazy if you don't."

"Why is that?"

He leaned forward and brushed away one of Alex's wet curls, placing his hand gently on his moist cheek, "Because; I am falling fast, and I want you to be the one to catch me."

He smirked and kissed Jack, "Apology accepted."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I took a few days break; I was fixing up my profile, then I had to get off because of the storm...