Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

Upside Down On The Edge Of Everything

Misses Gaskarth walked into her home, tiered from work. The long conference meetings were getting to her, she needed a vacation. She placed her keys on the kitchen table and flipped through the mail, there was a letter from her husband. He was living in England still, running the family business until he could find someone to replace him, he wanted to see his family.

It was then that and idea struck Alexandra Gaskarth, she rushed up the stairs looking for her son. She walked right up to his door, slightly confused as to why his door was shut. Shrugging, she twisted the knob and stepped in, horrified and shocked at the site.

"Um, boys?" she uttered, her voice high strung.

Jack looked at the doorway from under Alex, they weren't doing anything more then kissing, but where they were heading made him blush. Alex got off his boyfriend and looked at his mom, he didn't know what to do, he just didn't want to hear what she had to say. He pulled a tee shirt from his closet and put it on, tossing Jack his from the floor. Both boys stood before her, waiting for her to speak, she didn't.

Jack pulled on his pants, uncomfortable in front of Misses Gaskarth in his boxers. Alex reached for his mom, taking a step forward. She brushed her hand down her pin stripped skirt and tilted her head at her son, finally aware of what to say.

"Do you have something to tell me?"

Alex was afraid, even with the knowledge that his mother was lenient. "Jack and I are... together."

"Well I can see that honey, when, or why even, did this happen?"

"We like each other Mrs G, and we were at this party. Spin the bottle won the battle of our love. I spun it on him and he kissed me, couldn't stop thinking about it. Rian got us both to admit it the other day, and here we are." Jack smiled at her as he spoke.

"Oh, I didn't see this coming," she replied, her hand still on the door knob, the other on her skirt.

"No one did," Alex said to his mother, "I didn't even see myself this way, but I'm happy."

"Then I am, too." Mrs Gaskarth smiled at her son, how could she deny her son his happiness.

---x

The next day at school, the boys ignored everyone but Rian and Kara. Kara was in shock when they approached her, neither of them looking angry.

"Sorry Kar, we kinda took things out of proportion," Jack offered with a smile.

She nodded, "I shouldn't have been so loud about it without talking to you two before hand."

"Every thing's okay, promise," Alex said shrugging off the stares of their peers.

Rian smiled, happy that his girlfriend wasn't the center of his friend's hatred, "So, who's gonna tell ole Zack?"

"I don't know," Alex said before turning to Jack, "Hows May?"

A bitter laugh erupted from his boyfriend, "In shock you chose me over her, but she's proud of us for not backing down, none the less."

"Well," Kara said shutting her locker, "I'm going to go mend my damages, see you boys later. Band practice? I can't skip cheer leading again, I'm captain."

"Bye babe," Ri said kissing her softly and watching her walk away.

"At least you can do that in public," Alex noted.

"You two could, it's not against the law," he replied sternly.

"We're not ready for that backfire yet," Jack said patting Alex's back, "let's get to class."