Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

The World That You Have Made

Kara walked into the gym, ready for practice. Her squad, full of pretty faces and superficial attitudes, looked at her and smiled. Kara was probably the only real person in the room, makeup and fashion weren't the things ruling her world. She cared about her friends, thats why she had this proposal.

"Good afternoon girls," she said smiling at them.

"Hey Kar," they replied.

"We already have an idea for our fund raiser: car wash. But I have an idea for what we could be funding," Kara stated, every squad was required to raise money for something, to help the community.

"The animal shelter again, typical Kara!" Aninye inquired before she gave her captain a chance to finish talking. Aninye was annoyed, three years and she hadn't made captain yet; she was a senior, and Kara was just a junior.

"No, we helped them last year. I have an idea if you'd let me finish," her rare temper was rising, "Okay. You all know Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat, correct?"

"Duh, half of us have slept with Alex," someone interrupted.

"I'm not helping them," someone else stated, a few people agreed.

"Listen to me!" Kara snapped. "We are going to help them, because how everyone has been treating them isn't right. We're throwing them a Congratulations party, get over it. They've been kind to you all these years, Alex is sorry for what he's done to you girls."

Aninye stood, "We all have to agree on this, you can't tell us what to do."

"Sorry, but the principal thinks it's a good idea," Kara said smiling at them, "Now let's go! There's a game tomorrow night. "

---x

"Hello!" Kara said walking into Rian's basement, she kissed him and sat on the couch.

"How did things go?" he asked her, Alex and Jack hadn't arrived yet.

"Principal likes the idea, the squad isn't too happy, but I think they'll come around to see that it's a good thing."

He wrapped his arms around her, "I love you."

"I love you, too, Rian."

Alex and Jack walked in and smiled at them, "You two are cute."

"Very," Jack agreed.

Rian and Kara turned to look at them, also smiling.

"Things went well," Kara told them, "we'll see how it works out."

"What'd you do?" Alex asked putting his guitar down by the center microphone.

"I can't tell, but you'll see."

"Ugh, fine," Jack said sitting down, Alex leaned on him, in return he put his hand on Alex's knee.

Zack walked in, ready to practice. Still unaware of the newest couple, he sent a confused look to Alex and Jack, "You two have a secret stash of liquor somewhere?"

"You don't know yet, I forgot," Jack said before giggling.

"What?" Merrick asked.

Alex kissed Jack, who pulled Alex in closer.

"Enough, I get the point," he said. "Public affection isn't my thing."

"We know, it's why you never have a girlfriend," Kara smirked at her own words.

"Ha ha," Zack muttered, "congrats boys."