Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

And We Will Find Our Way There

The car wash fund raiser was today, and the whole school was more than happy to participate. The jocks and just about any other guy wanted to see their cheerleaders in their bikinis. Teacher's came, in attempt to mingle with their students outside of the classroom.

Rian got out of his car, approaching Kara with a smile, "Are you gonna clean my car?"

She slapped his chest playfully, "Pay up first."

He handed her fifteen dollars and waved at the rest of his band as they pulled in with their own cars or their parents. Jack and Alex parked the cars and stood by each other, almost touching, they were still afraid of public affection between one another.

"Dude! Don't look at my girlfriend like that," Rian squinted his eyes at Alex.

"It isn't like that," he replied before turning to Jack, "why can't you have boobs?"

"I'm not going to get fat for you," he squawked.

"Implants are an option," Alex stated before shrugging.

"What!?" Zack asked now aware of the conversation.

Rian shook his head, "I am walking away now, thank you very much."

"Are you alright?" Jack asked turning to Alex.

His boyfriend shrugged, "Sorta. I still find these girl's attractive."

Jack scowled in return.

"I'm being honest with you, isn't that what you want?"

He nodded.

Alex placed his hand on Jack's face, "I love you, still."

He smiled, covering his boyfriends hand and lacing their fingers together in between them. No one said anything, no one stared at them.... Things were starting to change, and for the better at that.

---x

"Come on, I need your help," Kara's voice insisted through the phone which was on speaker sitting between Alex and Jack as they watched the muted television.

"Call Rian," Jack said watching someone on screen crack up, annoyed that he didn't get to hear the joke.

"He's busy right now, please! Zack's too far away to get here in time."

"We'll come," Alex said shrugging at Jack, "give us a few minutes."

The boys got in the car and drove down a couple blocks to the Diakoulas house hold. Jack shook his head at all the cars on the street, he couldn't find a parking spot. They ended up parking on the next street and walked up to her house.

"Did she mention what she needed?"

"No," Alex said crossing his arms, "why are so many people on this street?"

"I don't know... party maybe."

"I wish I was invited, I have attended one since we started going out; so basically, a month last week."

"Maybe things will turn around soon?" Jack shrugged before knocking on the front door.

Kara opened the door and smiled at them, "Go to the living room, I'll be there in a moment," she left them after pointing the direction they needed to go and went towards the kitchen.

Alex and Jack walked towards her living room, arching their brows at the darkness. They stopped in the doorway, slightly confused to what was going on. Usually Kara was upfront about things, and they were never invited into her house. They only knew where she lived because of Rian, he dropped her off occasionally.

"Is she kidnapping us?" Jack whispered.

Alex shook his head and flipped the switched, the whole room erupted into noise, yelling surprise. The boys jumped and felt foolish, they should have put two and two together.

Kara walked up behind them and placed the snacks on the table, "These are the people who support you, who love you for who you are."

"You set this all up, for us?" Jack asked.

She nodded, "It's my apology, my way of fixing things."

"Thanks," Alex said hugging her.

"Oh, some girls will forgive you under one condition."

"What is that?" he asked, his chocolate brown eyes capturing her's.

"Apologize for those one night stands."

"Hey, I'm more then happy to do that," Alex said before standing in the middle of the room. "Girls, I'm sorry I used you to make myself feel better, it was cheap of me. If I can do anything to show you or prove to you how sorry I truly am, let me know."

A couple girls clapped.

Rian turned on the stereo, "Let's start the party!"