Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

Hopeless. Worthless. Sick.

So what does a family consist of? A mommy, a daddy, (or two parents) and a baby. I'm pretty sure you already know that Alex nor Jack can carry a baby, yet alone make one with eachother. That led them to one thing: adoption.

But see, here's the problem - they're never home. In order to be eligible to adopt, they have to be around the child and bring it up into a proper being; and you cannot do that on a tour bus. So how would they ever have children when quiting the band wasn't an option?

Good question. They didn't even know.

Their band mates loved them, but they didn't even want to bring up ending the band. There was no way to do this without waiting until they had settled, and who knew when that would take into effect.

Rian had mentioned that Kara would be willing to take care of the youngster, but Alex and Jack already felt as if she had done enough for them, they didn't want to ring her dry. So what were they to do? They wanted a child but it didn't seem likely.

They attempted adoption agencies, but they just kept turning Alex and Jack down. The couple seemed utterly hopeless until something happened in the Barakat family, it wasn't good or bad.

May was pregnant and didn't want the baby. She didn't have a boyfriend. May didn't have a husband. But she did hold an option for her brother and brother-in-law. She didn't know how to offer, and they didn't know how to ask.

It was a Sunday evening, All Time Low was home from tour, and the married couple was in the Barakat residence when May went into labor. She didn't know what it was, just assumed it was the baby kicking fiercely or that food didn't settle with her; like many first time mothers.

Alex was the one who insisted they drive her to the hospital, Mrs. Barakat remained and continued to cook dinner for her family. The nurses rushed May into a room, leaving Jack at her side, and Alex dialing his mother-in-law's phone number.

Delicate Andrei lie in their arms over an hour later, her eyes wide as the voices around her talked in hushed tones. She shut them tight when everyone silenced and set their gaze on the muted television.

"Jack, Alex," May said evenly, looking at her baby as it lay in her brother's arms fast asleep, "She's yours. I'm not fit to be a mother yet, and I don't know if I'll ever be. I promise to watch her when you're on tour, but you are her parents."

"May, you can't do that, it's too much," Jack said shaking his head.

"The adoption agency isn't an option, I am all you two have."

"Only if you let her know that you are her birth mother," Alex said looking at May with stern eyes.

She crumbled under his gaze, under it all she still loved him, "Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Would you kill me if I said 'The End'?
Because I will be next chapter.

There is no Chapter 17; I don't know why the link is showing up. Sorry loves.