Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

I'm Not Feeling This Situation

Jack felt butterflies when he started to walk toward Alex during lunch, little did he know, the nervousness was from a crush. His tray made a cracking sound when it hit the lunch table, he sat down and smiled at Alex. He ran a hand through his multicolored hair and reached for his chips.

"What's up?" Alex asked making a face at what the school called food, he pushed the tray away.

"I heard you play at the talent show, it was sick."

Chocolate brown eyes shot up, "That's a good thing, right? I spent my previous school years with nerds, I'm drowning in this scene."

"Yeah it's good."

"Cool, a bunch of girls were drooling over my, I don't think I played that well."

"You did, are you in a band?"

"No," Alex said lightening up, the talent show wasn't a waste of time, "are you?"

"No, but I want to start one. I'm Jack, I cover Blink 182."

"I'm Alex... I don't cover anyone."

Jack smirked at his new friend, a smirk which soon fell when his little sister sat down next to him, she grinned at Alex.

"Hi, I'm Jacky's little sister May. I was with him at the talent show, astonishing work."

Jack grounded his teeth, annoyed at his sister for the first time, it was fear that she'd scare Alex off, and a little jealousy rimmed the lining. This all new for Jack, he didn't know how to process it. He just shoved a handful of chips into his mouth and made himself look busy.

May was slightly attractive to Alex, he could easily tell she was interested in him. Yet for some reason, he couldn't take his eyes off Jack. He placed it as shock from being invited into a band.

Jack and Alex agreed to meet up over the weekend to play a song or two together. Jack continued to sit with Alex at lunch, May sat with them every other day, wanting to spend time with her friends too.

Alex went home happy he head made a friend, possibly one for life. He explained to his parents why he was meeting up with Jack; his mother was ecstatic and his father seemed angry. Mister Gaskarth hadn't gotten over his eldest son's death, he believed music is what brought on the depression Jared grew into.

Alex was aloud to go to Jack's simply because his mother talked his father into it, he was forever grateful. May greeted him at the door, she smiled widely up at him, showing off her braces.

"Jack's room is upstairs, I'll show you," she took his hand.

Alex didn't react, he didn't know how to. He had no idea how to oppose to the hand holding without hurting her feelings. They reached the bedroom and Jack's eyes settled on their linked hands.

"May, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, what is it?" she asked as Jack pulled her down the hall, leaving Alex in his room.

"Why were you holding hands?"

"I took his hand, he's cute, I like him."

"But he's my friend."

"So what, you have a lot of them Jack-A-Roo."

He rolled his eyes and went to his room, "Sorry about my sister."

"It's okay, I just didn't know what to say."

Jack smiled, May hadn't won him over just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
like I said, this is my first slash as a story
I'm trying to set it up before they get together
I don't want to make it really short