Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

One Less Shot To Get The Ending Right

Friendship came easy for Alex and Jack, everyone in school found them inseparable. Soon they were telling one another everything, they were so much closer then best friends that there was no name for their relationship... except the one they refused to utter.

Their band expanded, accepting a drummer and a bassist within the next year, known by the names Rian Dawson and Zack Merrick. Rian was an easily loved teen, he also was just as obsessed with Blink 182 as Jack. Zack was a little to himself, gym was his favorite subject, he wanted to major in it.

The four were a perfect band, by junior year they were playing shows just about every week. Their classmates either loved them, or completely hated them; their teachers weren't so pleased about their enthusiasm, they wanted them to pay attention in class. But they could careless what people had to say, it was the record companies they were relying on.

By now, Jack had realized what his feelings for Alex really were, he just refused to believe it. He wanted to express himself, but it wasn't worth loosing his best friend. He tried going out with the girls that liked him, but that only lasted so long.

Alex was fighting the voice in the back of his head that constantly was screaming Jack. He had no idea how to get himself over his best friend, he just ended up getting smashed over the weekend at various parties.

Alex wasn't the best person when he was drunk, he knew he had to stop using all the girls he could get his hands on... but he couldn't confess to Jack. He thought there was no way around it, he had no one to talk to, he was just afraid.

---x

After a show, All Time Low was all over the party. Testing had just ended, everyone was out to celebrate, everyone wasn't themselves.

The four boys sat down at a game of spin the bottle, there were plenty of pretty girls that wanted nothing more then to have their lips pressed to any of these band mates. Alex and Jack had other things on mind, but what is the chance that one would spin the bottle on the other?

Slim to none, but luck was love them that night. It was Jack that spun it, he froze when the bottle landed on Alex, he didn't know how to react. Everyone waited, the girls started to cheer and chant wanting them to kiss.

Alex decided to take full advantage of the moment, he leaned forward and pulled Jack's face into his. Jack reacted, a couple years of anticipation pouring out into one passionate kiss. Alex's tongue lingered on Jack's lips, just as he went to accept, Rian pulled them apart.

"That was getting weird," Ri said sitting back down in his spot next to Jack and spinning the bottle, landing on Kara, he smiled at his girlfriend.

On the way home, Alex and Jack sat in the back, wishing the awkwardness would go away. They didn't know if the other liked it, they didn't know if the other was drunk. They were lost in their thoughts when Zack pulled up to Alex's house.

"Gaskarth residence," Zack said.

Alex looked at them, "Bye guys," he started to get out of the car, he looked at Jack and took a deep breath, "that never happened."

The walk to his room was hard, he was fighting the tears that were covering his bottom eyelid, why did he say that to Jack? He was just afraid he'd loose him.

Jack sat in the back of the car with his arms crossed and his eyes fixed on the passing streetlights, wondering if he just lost his best friend.