Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

Hearts are Wasted, Lives are Broken

Alex didn't know how to cope with what he did, he completely regretted it, and there was no going back. What could he possibly say? Sorry Jack, I was just kidding, we have to remember it, I love you!

How far would that get him? He didn't know that's exactly what Jack was hoping to hear, Jack wanted to bring it up and tell Alex how hurt he was, but he just didn't know how.

The two of them were in their rooms, as of now, not wanting to go to Sunday night rehearsal, but they each knew they were needed for such a thing. They ended up going, with the intent of not talking to one another.

So basically, band practice was dripping in awkward silence, Rian and Zack were completely clueless as to the real reason. Anyone would think that they were just disgusted that they kissed, confused if anything.

Alex stole a glance at Jack during the chorus of I'm Lost Without You, finding that Jack was looking at him. Alex looked back forward, not knowing how long his best friend had been staring at him, he started to feel his face heat up.

That exchange of looks clued Rian in, but he didn't know how to approach his friends, he just wanted to help... and he was going to. Maybe he would clue Kara in, she was a match maker after all, but he didn't want to push himself in if he was wrong.

Was that what Alex and Jack needed, a middle man?

---x

"Alex, can we talk?" Rian asked catching up with him after lunch.

"About what?" he replied.

"You and Jack-"

"Look, it was a mistake!" Alex said walking faster.

"Exactly what part of that night was a mistake?"

He looked at Rian, he was never one to question, "Did Jack set you up to this?"

"No. It's just me trying to be a good friend, I noticed what's going on between you and Jack. Why won't you two admit it?"

"What would we be admitting?" Alex asked, not wanting to admit anything if Rian had something else in mind.

Dawson lowered his voice and leaned closer to Alex, "That you like each other."

Gaskarth ran a hand down his face, "Is it obvious?"

"Sorta, Jack's not quick enough to realize what your looks are really meaning. He thinks you don't want to be friends anymore."

"Did he admit to liking me?" Alex asked hopeful.

"I didn't ask yet, even so, I'm not going to just relay information, I'm just going to help."