Status: Finished.

I Fought It For A Long Time Now

Just So I Can Get To You

Alex came to a conclusion when he was walking the block length home, he needed to move on. People usually move on by blocking someone out for a period of time; but even in this state of mind, Alex couldn't live without Jack.

He needed some method, but none seemed logical when he wanted to keep his band and friends intact. Alex drifted into a deep sleep almost as soon as he laid down, one that lacked any dreams because of the stress he'd endured.

May sat out on the campus during lunch, she was one of the few freshmans out there. She didn't know anyone out there, so when Alex stepped out onto the grass, she instantly rose and made her way over there. They sat down against the tree, shaded from the bright sun.

"Is everything okay, Alex?" she asked his depressed expression, "You don't mind hanging out with a freshman, Jack always shoves me away."

"Thats the least of my worries."

"I'm here if you want to talk," she offered as she opened up her backpack and pulled out a bag of Nutter Butters. May smiled at him and held them out, knowing that peanut butter was one of his weaknesses.

"Its this gu-irl," he corrected his truth with a lie, he didn't need to spill the beans to anyone else.

"Well if she's making you feel like this, she isn't worth it."

"I don't know."

"You do. That's why you're so confused. There are plenty of girls out there that like you, not those fake chicks either, ones that are down to earth. I don't know your taste, so I can't offer up any names."

"Girls like you?" he asked testing the water.

"Yes, girls like me, maybe even me," she replied as her cheeks turned a light pink.

"Good to know May," he said leaning closer to her face, she smiled as his warm peanut butter breath fanned out on her face. "Can I kiss you?"

She nodded.

Alex pressed his lips softly to her's, he decided during the course of their conversation that he wanted a Barakat. He also knew Jack didn't approve of May's crush on him; he was going to make Jack jealous.

Rian walked out into the courtyard, his eyes instantly found Alex and May kissing. He watched them pull apart and smile, he was in awe. Yesterday Alex was a mess and now he's composed, couldn't wrap his mind around it. He turned around and went to the library, spending his free period where he could think about his next step.

Confront Alex?

Talk to Jack?

Ask May what started it all?

They all seemed logical, he just had no idea which one to start with. Rian wanted to talk to Kara about it, but he had his next class with Jack.

He decided to start there.