Glowsticks

Crying Lightning

‘Maybe I should stay down. Maybe they’ll go away and not add on to the bills.’I thought and continued with my bills. But with my incredible luck, one guy started yelling for someone, disturbing all of my peace.

“Gas, $10. Water, snacks and magazines inside.” I said tiredly whilst still doing the bills and calculating everything. I heard the door close, and steps coming towards me. I still stood down. Maybe it was some old perv, or a truck driver. We get those a lot.

“Actually, I’m looking for someone to fix my truck.” I heard a deep, rich voice say and I shockingly glanced up. There, stood the most handsome man on the face of the Earth. Well, not that I knew. I’ve been in Rosetown for as long as I remember.

“I-“ I still couldn’t say a thing. Such a beautiful man, I’ve never seen. His stubble and tattoo’s on his chest gave me a sight I was sure I’d never see in my whole life. His green-blue eyes and perfectly messy hair complimented his attractive face, more than I could guess.

“Speak up, now, Blushie.” He said smirking all the while. ‘Hmpf.’I stood up and brushed past him without saying a word. Who was he, making fun of my face? I’ve had this blush for as long as I remember. ‘Jerk.’

“Hey, hey. Where are you going?” He asked running behind me. I turned around and with an annoyed tone, I replied.

“Fixing your car, sir. You seem to be incapable of doing so.” I smirked and turned around. This, this man brought out emotions inside of me I didn’t even know I had! And not in a good way.

As soon as I reached his blue truck I stepped back. It was a beautiful teal color, but it certainly showed it’s age. It had scratches on the side and the doors had small bumps. Barely noticeable, but they were still there.

The truck seemed to perfectly incorporate what this town was about. It looked like it belonged here. Strange.

He laughed out loud at my remark and clutched his stomach. I waited patiently. This was the way they all reacted. ‘Men and their stupid pride.’ I thought as I took out a small rug and placed myself underneath the truck, leaving my legs quite bear, as my dress hitched up a bit more than it should.

“You-you fix cars?” He said still laughing. I rolled my eyes and searched for the problem. “Yes, sir, I do.” I said and kept looking. A-ha! There it was. One cable was broken. I replaced it and came from underneath. As I did so, I noticed his eyes briefly looking at my legs. ‘Perv.’

I stood up and arranged my dress. “Here, try it now.” I said and I waited for him to start the car. He got inside the car and started the engine, all the while looking like he thought he just wasted valuable time. That’s how they all looked like.

On the third attempt, his engine went off, roaring like a new car would. I smiled at his shocked expression. He soon regained his composure and threw me five bucks. I gave them back.

“No need. Have a pleasant day, sir.” I said and walked away.

“Thanks, Blushie. See you later!” He said driving off and honked the horn. I turned around and blushed for real, this time.

‘The nerve.’ I stomped off and finished the registers. The TV was running in the background about some famous male model. I rolled my eyes and closed it. ‘Waste of electricity.’I thought and went to the back to close the door. After I did that, I switched off the light and went to the front. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I stared at the road that stood ahead of me. Two miles until town. Didn’t have any money for a car. I can barely afford living on my own, as it is.

‘Oh well, the nice, nightly walk.’ I thought and started my usual walk. The moon stood up on the sky, like a queen reigning and looking at everything. The dust now looked black, riding up to the sky
♠ ♠ ♠
"And I love that little game you had called 'Crying lightning' "
- Arctic Monkeys