Glowsticks

Keep Your Head Up

Today’s the day I’m going to Joseph’s. It’s a small town. I only had to ask one person and he told me exactly where his house was. It was creepy, but also nice that I didn’t have to ask around random people.

The house looked quite nice if I can say so myself. It was old; that you could see without a doubt. The walls were scratched and the paint on the fence was almost completely wiped off. However, it was built in that 1920’s style. The vintage, feel-good style. And it looked like an instant home to me. It also helped that it resembled mine. And everyone else’s in this town.

I knocked on the door twice, and then someone opened the door. I looked up, bright smile on my face, only for it to be completely wiped off. There he stood. Smirking, and leaning against the frame of the door.

“Blushie! I almost missed not having your face around here.” I looked up and puffed air. My face was getting hot and my nerves were stretched out to the maximum. I turned around quickly and stepped down the stairs and opened the gate.

“Wait!” I just kept walking forward and I heard the gate open and close behind me. It screeched loudly and I winced at that. I heard him walk behind me and he grabbed my arm.

“What?” I said and turned my head to look him in the eyes. He was amused. This was amusing to him! Ugh!

“You know, you didn’t have to follow me back here. If you wanted one night of fun, you should’ve just told me.” He said smirking and his head approached mine. I fumed and before I knew it, I slapped him.

A big red mark was distinctively appearing on his left cheek. I smiled at that.

“Listen there, Mr. Big Shot. I just came here because an old man asked me to play checkers with him. I just mixed up the address s’all.” I said fuming.

The look on his face said it all. He was smirking, and it was quickly replaced by shock. I could clearly see how stunned this man was. I smirked at that, but I felt him grab my arm yet again.

He dragged me back to the place, with me squirming and fighting every step of the way. I seriously thought he was some rapist. That explained my screams.

“Calm down, Blushie. My grandpa invited you here. He told me he expected you. Didn’t think it was you he was talking about. Only old ladies play checkers.” He finished snickering. I fumed yet again. ‘Did he just call me old?!’

He opened the door and pushed me in. I stumbled a bit, but landed in someone’s arms. I looked up and there was Joseph, smiling down at me. I quickly hugged him, and he hugged me back. He smiled that wise smile again, and pointed with his arm in the direction. I just nodded my head smiling and we sat down at a table. It was old, made of wood. Scratched up, but still beautiful.

And then the guy sat down too. My smile was soon replaced into a scowl, which only made him look even more amused than before. Joseph glanced at us, laughing and I shot the guy a look, yet again. He glared right back at me too, which only made me even more mad.

“I see you’ve met my grandson, Jackson.” Joseph said smiling Finally, the beast had a name. I smiled and spoke in a dangerously low but fake-happy voice.

“Oh, and by the way, my name’s not Blushie. It’s Audette.”

Joseph’s eyes shot up and he grinned at his grandson.

“Whatever you say, Blushie.” With that Jackson stood up and went back inside the house, smirking all the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I’ve been looking for fantasies even romanticise of what to do when the time was right, right"
- Girls can't catch.

By the way, I took Tidal Wave Meets Tornado down. I don't know why it wasn't getting any love. Oh well. Hope you like this one better! Thanks to all my readers and subscribers so far.