Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

If Only They Knew

Image

“Mira, what are you doing?” Blake asked when he walked through the door from a day of practice.

“Actually standing. It’s something I’ve been deprived of for the week you’ve been here,” she said as she made her way to the kitchen.

She had resorted to using her crutches. Something she didn’t want to do at all, but it was the only way Blake would let her get around by herself. She thinks he’s been a little too much. He won’t let her do almost anything by herself. Even though she thought it was incredibly cute, she still thought he needed to lighten it up just a bit.

“You know you shouldn’t be up this much. Come on. Back to the couch,” he said as he picked her up.

She couldn’t help but smile as her knees locked around his waist. He gently laid her on the couch and sat down beside her. While she was glaring at him, he smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek.

“You’re so annoying,” she said in a teasing way, but she hid it well.

“What?” Blake asked shocked at what she said.

“You heard me, Bilko,” she said stretching his name out.

“Oh, so we’re going back to this huh, Ice Box?” he asked hiding a smile.

“Oh don’t you go there.”

“I think I just did, Ice Box.”

“You and your damn Aussiness,” she said and shook her head.

“You know you want it,” he said with a smirk on his face.

“You wish,” she said smirking back.

“Now that’s just mean.”

“Oh I could get a lot meaner, Bilko,” she said stretching his name out again.

“Lay it on me, Ice Box.”

“You’re accent is just a complete turn off. You’re eyes make me not trust you at all. You’re hair, when it’s not covered with a hat, is always messy. You’re body could be in a lot better shape. And you make me sit on this fucking couch way too much,” she said not meaning any of the words she said.

“Now, you know you need to be on this couch,” he said nicely.

“I need to be away from you,” she said meanly, but didn’t mean it.

“You need to be with me,” he said leaning closer to her.

“No I don’t. Anyone but you should be here,” she said and crossed her arms teasingly.

“I’m the one that volunteered to be here. No one else did,” he said matter of factly.

“You still shouldn’t be here,” she said and stuck her nose in the air.

“Yeah, I should.”

“No, you shouldn’t.”

“Yes, I should.”

“No, you shouldn’t.”

They went back and forth for another five minutes. Mira wasn’t about to give up. She was going to win this battle, even if she didn’t remember what they were arguing about.

“Blake, just shut up and get me some more pills,” she said getting annoyed even more with him.

“I thought you didn’t want me here? I don’t think I should get you your medication then,” he said with a teasing smile.

“Please, Blakey. My leg’s really killing me,” she said with a pouty face.

“I guess since you are so dependent on me,” he said with a playful sigh and went out to the kitchen to get her medicine.

Mira smiled as he walked away. They’ve been getting into playful arguments ever since he’s been here. It makes her crush on him grow so much bigger. He hasn’t asked her to be his girlfriend yet, but Mira thinks he’s just waiting for the right time.

“Here’s you percocet. Take with caution,” he smiled as he handed it to her along with a bottle of water.

“These things are so amazing,” she said with a smile after she took it.

“Well since you’re going to pass out in like twenty minutes, do you want to watch a movie?” he asked as he walked over to her DVD collection.

“I don’t care, just pick one.”

He picked one out and put it into the DVD player. As he walked over to the couch, Mira looked at him funny.

“What?” he asked with a smile.

“What’d you put in?” she asked as he sat down beside her.

“You’ll see,” he said as music started playing from the TV.

Mira smiled when she finally saw what movie it was. Just hearing the few opening lines, she knew what it was.

“How’d you know my favorite movie was Transformers?”

“I know a little more than you think,” he said relaxing into the couch a little more.

Mira just smiled. Everyday she thought that this guy gets more and more amazing. As the movie started to unfold, Mira’s eyes got heavy. She looked over at Blake and saw that he was focused on the movie and not her. Since he was sitting in the middle of the couch, instead of asking him to move, Mira just laid her head in his lap. He looked down at her and smiled as he stroked her hair a few times. She smiled weakly before her eyes shut and refused to open. Blake wasn’t focused on the movie anymore. He couldn’t take his eyes off Mira. Even in her injured state, he thought she was so beautiful. He slowly adjusted himself so that he could lie beside her and rest his arm around her waist. As the smell of her shampoo filled his nose, he felt a drowsiness come over him.

As the two lay on the couch in a deep sleep, neither of them heard a soft knock at the door. Since no one answered the person walked in. This was normal for Mira’s friends, especially the person that walked through the door. Adam poked his head around the door and smiled to himself when he saw Mira and Blake wrapped around each other. A thought came to him as he took his phone out of his pocket. He took a quick picture of the two and saved it. If he had a nickel for every time he told Blake to ask her to be his girlfriend, he would have a lot more money than what he’s making from riding a dirt bike.

“If only you two could see yourselves,” Adam thought on his way out and closing the door silently.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?

This one's a tad shorter than the last few, but the next few are going to have a lot more going on... I promise... The return of the ex boyfriend! lol