Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

JUST CHOOSE!

Image

Mira woke up a few hours later and smiled. Blake was still asleep and he still had his arms around her. She kissed him softly on his forehead as his eyes fluttered open. They sparkled at her as he kissed her back.

“Mir, your phone’s blinking,” Blake said noticing her phone on the table.

He reached over her and picked it up. Mira took it from him and saw that Adam had sent her a message. She smiled when she saw what he sent her.

“What is it?” he asked trying to see what she was looking at.

She showed it to him and he couldn’t hide a smile. Adam had sent her the picture that he took of them sleeping. The message said don’t you two just look so cute together?

“We do look kind of cute together,” Mira said resting her head on his chest.

“Well, maybe we should…” Blake started, but was cut off by someone walking through the door.

They both watched as Adam walked into the room. He looked at them and smiled. They still haven’t moved from lying on the couch.

“I was going to ask Blake if he wanted to practice for like an hour or so for our contest tomorrow, but since I see he’s busy…” Adam trailed off and didn’t finish.

“Yeah, I’ll go,” he said getting up quickly. “I need to get a few things around,” he continued as he walked down the hall.

“I hate you,” Mira said glaring at Adam.

“What’d I do?” he asked innocently as he came over and sat down by her.

“He was going to ask me to his girlfriend.”

“No he wasn’t. He’s been pussying out for weeks.”

“I’m still not happy with you. You snuck into my house,” she said pushing him playfully.

“So you got my message?” he said with another smile.

“It’s my second favorite thing in the world right now,” she said as she felt her face turn red.

“What might be your favorite?” Adam asked already know the answer.

She didn’t reply with words. She just nodded her head back towards her room where Blake disappeared to. A few seconds later, Blake emerged pulling a bag behind him. Seeing Adam with a smirk on his face, Blake looked at Mira.

“What’d I miss?” He asked confused.

“He’s being an asshole as usual. It’s nothing new,” she said rolling her eyes.

“But you love me,” Adam said hugging her.

“You’re lucky I do,” she said as he stood up.

She looked over at Blake and noticed him looking back at her. She smiled as he looked away quickly.

“Be careful. Don’t end up like I did,” she said with her same smile.

“I’m not worried about me. Don’t be up and walking to everywhere,” he said as a smile formed on his face.

“God, you guys make me sick. Come on, Bilko. We got riding to do,” Adam said and walked out the door.

Mira and Blake held eye contact for a few more seconds before he snapped out of his daze and followed Adam. The second the door closed behind him, Mira felt so alone. She hates to admit it, but she’s really grown to like Blake staying with her. Well, minus his ‘rules’ for her to stay on the couch. So the first thing she did when he was gone was to get up and walk around the house. She even ventured outside. She didn’t want anything more than to jump into the pool. The only thing stopping her was six more weeks in her casts. She sat out there for the hour and a half Blake was gone. It gave her the chance to collect her thoughts and think a few things through. Just as she had gotten up the will power to go jumping into the pool, a familiar accent echoed through her house.

“Mira? Mira, where are you at?” he asked in an almost panic.

“I’m out here,” she said with a laugh in her voice.

She heard rushed footsteps and then him opening the door quickly.

“What are you doing out here?” he asked walking over to her.

“Fresh air. I haven’t had any since I left the hospital. Some people are buttheads and don’t ask me to go watch them practice,” she said teasingly.

“I’m sorry. You could have told me you wanted to go,” he said picking her up bridal style.

“It would have just bummed me out more. I’m trying so hard to not think about riding, but it’s hard. That’s all you talk about,” she said as she rested her hands behind his neck.

“You’ll be fine. You’ll be back on your bike before you know it… and I’ll be out of here,” he said as his facial expression fell.

He sat down on the couch with her still in his arms. Mira didn’t like the look he had. He wouldn’t look up at her. The only thing she wanted right now was to look into his big, brown, beautiful eyes. She stroked his cheek with the back of her hand softly. This simple action caused him to look up at her with his eyes sparkling.

“I don’t want you to leave,” she said and kissed him softly on the lips.

They both had smiles as they pulled away. Blake held her tighter and laced one of his hands with hers.

“I really want you to be my girlfriend,” he said still looking into her bright blue eyes.

“Well, I really want…” Mira started to say.

She quite mid-sentence when someone came barging through her door. She rolled her eyes thinking it was Adam again. Her eyes grew when she saw the last person she wanted to see walk through her door.

“Cory, what the hell are you doing here?” she asked getting up quicker than she ever has in the past week. She ignored the pain that shot through her leg.

“Baby, I…” he started, but then spotted Blake. “What the hell is he doing here?” he asked giving Blake a glare.

“What’s it to you?” she asked as her all too familiar attitude came back.

“You’re my girlfriend,” he said as his focus went back to Mira.

“No she’s not. She’s my girlfriend,” Blake said as he came over and put his arm around her.

As the boys kept arguing, Mira was unable to find words. Her thoughts were racing. She had no idea how to diffuse the situation. She was brought back to the issue at hand as Blake started toward Cory.

“Blake, no.” she said pushing him back.

As she was trying to calm Blake down, Cory was still running his mouth. This was typical him. It proved even more to Mira that he hasn’t changed. The more Cory kept talking, the more Blake wouldn’t listen to her.

“Blake, please. It’s not worth it,” she said in her last attempts to keep him level headed.

“Yeah, listen to her, man. It’s not worth it. She’s just coming home with me tonight,” Cory said with a smirk on his face.

“I’m not going home with either of you. Cory, just leave,” she said wanting the whole situation to go away.

“Mira, you have to pick someone. I’m not leaving until you do,” Cory said looking at her with his arms crossed.

As she stood between the two, she couldn’t think. She knew who she wanted to be with, but couldn’t get her mouth to work with her brain. Whatever way this went, she knew it couldn’t be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?