Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

AUSSIE ASSHOLE!

Image

“Mira, are you ready yet? You’re going to make me…” Adam started on his way back to check on Mira. He stopped short when he saw her. “Whoa,” he said when he saw what she was wearing.

“Do you know how hard it is to get skinny jeans on with this piece of shit on?” she said pointing down to her leg.

“Well, you’re ready now. Lets get going,” he said shaking his thoughts away and heading out the door.

Mira followed while grabbing a pair of sunglasses and pulling a Rockstar hat on her head. She climbed into his truck slowly. Adam offered to help her, but she refused. For the most part, they were pretty silent. Mira was still pretty tired and Adam just didn’t have any idea of what to say.

“So what were you saying about Todd and the way he acts?” he said as Mira choked on her Rocktar that she was drinking at the sound of his name.

“He just acts… weird around me,” she said trying to get her breath back.

“Why?”

“He just does. I don’t know why. Ask him,” Mira said as her attitude grew.

Adam knew something was up, but didn’t push the subject. In the passenger seat, Mira started fidgeting. It was impossible for her to sit still. She only had two sips of her energy drink, so it wasn’t that.

“Mir, you ok?” Adam asked when he stopped at a red light.

“I really need to tell you something, but if you talk to Blake you can not tell him. If you do, I swear to God Adam, I will not tell you another thing ever again,” she said staring at him right in the eye.

“Mira, I’ve never told him anything you’ve told,” he said trying to reassure her.

“I don’t care about anything else. Just this one thing he cannot know about,” she said still keeping eye contact with him. “Todd and I kind of had a thing after Cory and I broke up before I met Blake,” she said as she turned to look out the window.

“Whoa,” Adam said with a small smile. Mira shot a look at him. “Mad props to Potter,” he said as his smile grew.

“Oh my god. Men,” Mira said as she shook her head.

“Why would I care if you slept with him? But I think the bigger question is do you still want him?” Adam asked as his smile faded.

“I never said I slept with him and no, I don’t want him at all.”

“You had a ‘thing’. If you had a ‘thing’ with a guy like Potter, you slept with him.”

“Who said he’s that type of guy?” Adam didn’t say anything. He just shot a look over at her. “I hate how you know me too much,” Mira said as she shook her head.

“I knew it. Wait til Bilko hears.”

“Adam, don’t,” Mira said losing her funniness.

“I won’t. Chill, Mir. I think if anyone told him, it would be you. That’s not my place.”

“That is like the smartest thing I’ve heard you say like ever,” Mira smiled as he pulled up to the venue.

“Ha ha, very funny. You know what I think is funny? Me going to talk to Bilko and not you,” Adam said teasingly as they both got out of his truck.

“Now that’s just mean.”

“Well, you could come with me,” Adam said as he started walking off.

“Blake hates me,” she yelled towards him.

She heard laughter behind her. When she turned around, she had a small smile. It still wasn’t the person she wanted to see.

“That crash banged you up, didn’t it?” Todd asked as he walked closer.

“Banged up is such an understatement,” she said as Todd pulled her in for a hug.

She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He held her out at arms length and looked over he appearance.

“I knew you’d look good in that,” he said with a smile too.

She just rolled her eyes at him. He wasn’t the person she dressed this way for. That person was off somewhere with Adam. She was just about to walk away and find that certain person, when Todd started talking to her again and walked off the other way. She had to follow him. It would be flat out rude if she didn’t.

“So what have you been up to lately, besides being your sexy self?” Todd asked as he led Mira back to his trailer.

She rolled her eyes. “He’s being Todd,” she thought before she said anything. “Nothing. I’ve been limited to what I can do,” she said referring to her leg.

“Word on the street is that you’re single now,” he said as he stopped at his bike.

She rolled her eyes again. “I guess you could say that.”

“What do you mean you guess?” he asked as he glanced over at her.

“It doesn’t matter,” she said as she walked towards him.

Being this close to a bike made her wish she could just ride hers. Seeing Todd work on his, made her want hers here too. And maybe get a little bothered by him and his good looks.

“Maybe if you stick around, I’ll give you a ride later,” he said and winked at her.

She smiled weakly. It only made her think how Blake would always wink at her. Out of curiosity, she looked around to see if he was anywhere to be found. She found him all right. Adam and him were standing outside his trailer watching her and Todd.

“What’d are you looking at?” Todd asked when she didn’t say anything to him for a few seconds.

“No… nothing,” she said looking away as Blake winked at her.

“Oh, Bilko. That kid’s crazy,” he said as both Adam and Blake waved at them stupidly. “So, what are you doing later tonight?” he asked as he started playing with her necklace that hung dangerously close to her chest.

“I haven’t decided yet,” she said relaxing into the situation. If Blake was going to an Aussie asshole to her, she was going to have some fun with Todd.

“Could those plans possible involve me?” he asked as a smile danced over Mira’s face.

“Maybe…” she said in a flirtatious way and moving a little closer to him.

Todd smiled at her as he put his arm around her and led her back to his trailer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Calm before the storm lol

comment?

Mira's Outfit