Maybe Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

Epilog

Image

Four Years Later

Damn Australians,” Adam snickered to Blake after he landed a 720. (Yes, a 720. If Travis Pastrana can do it now, Bilko can do it four years later! Especially with the way he does 360s.)

“What was that mate?” Blake asked as he stopped beside him.

“Oh, nothing,” he replied with a smirk.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes. This has been happening a lot lately with Mira not being able to ride. Without her outspokenness, they boys usually don’t say too much.

“Damn, I miss Mira,” Adam said. “Has she been doing ok lately? I haven’t talked to her.”

“Yeah, she’s doing a lot better since we got back from Aus, mate. She was all nervous about meeting the parents. You know with her mouth running freely all the time,” he said as he smiled thinking of Mira.

“I still can’t believe she just met your parents. You guys have been married for two years and she just met them like a month ago,” Adam said teasing him.

“It was her choice, not mine. She hid from them during the wedding,” he said as his smile slowly faded.

“Whatever man. Let’s get you back to your women,” Adam said as they started to get into their regular clothes.

Just as Blake pulled his shirt over his head his phone rang. He looked down at it and quickly picked it up when he saw whom the call was from.

“What’s going on?” he asked Tally who was on the other end.

“Mira had to go to the hospital. She wants you to hurry so you can be with her,” Tally said sounding like she was in a rush.

“Wait, so how long have you guys been there?” he asked as he finished getting everything around.

“Kaya called me just a few minutes ago and said she was taking Mira in and she told me to call you. Blake, just hurry. Mira needs you,” she said and hung up before Blake could reply.

“What’s going on, man?” Adam asked seeing all the color drained from his face.

“Tally just called. Kaya took Mira to the hospital,” he said trying so hard to keep himself calm.

“Well then what the hell are you waiting for? We need to get to the hospital,” Adam said pushing Blake towards his truck.

Adam drove. He didn’t think Blake would be in the right state of mind to drive safely. As they were driving, Blake was unable to sit still. He kept tapping his foot, strumming his finger on the armrest, and kept looking from the windshield to the passenger window.

“Dude, chill out. She’s going to be fine,” Adam said as Blake started making him nervous.

“I know, mate, but what if things just go wrong? What if she needs surgery and that doesn’t go well at all?”

“You’re thinking too much. She’s going to be just fine,” he said as he pulled into the hospital’s parking lot.

The second he was stopped, Blake jumped out of the car and ran into the hospital. He met Tally and Kaya in the waiting room as Adam caught up. Tally and Kaya led them up to the third floor where Mira was. Blake wanted them to go with him to see her, but the three thought that he should go by himself. They would wait for him and go see Mira when she was ready for them. The longer they waited, the more impatient they got. They’ve been waiting for about two hours and haven’t heard anything from Blake or the doctors. They noticed a few doctors going in and out of her room, but none of them said anything to them. Finally, as the fourth hour was approaching, Blake emerged from Mira’s room.

“Is she ok, man?” Adam asked as he stood up along with Kaya and Tally.

“Yeah, they’re doing fine,” he said with a huge smile on his face. Adam, Kaya, and Tally had smiles just as big. “Come on,” he said leading them back to her room.

Blake walked a little faster than them so he made it into Mira’s room before they did. When the other three walked in, they couldn’t keep smiles off of their faces. In Blake’s arms was Mira… In Mira’s arms was a beautiful baby.

“Aw, Mira,” Tally said as she and Kaya walked closer to see the bundle of joy.

“So do you finally know what it is?” Kaya asked excitedly.

Mira looked over at Blake and smiled. She wanted him to tell them.

“It’s a boomer!” he said with his huge smile still plastered to his face. Mira smiled and kissed him on the cheek. She knew her friend didn’t know what that meant.

“Bilko, quit with the Australian talk. We’re in the United States for Christ sakes,” Tally said jokingly.

“It’s a boy,” Mira said as Blake returned her pervious kiss.

“Aw, what’d you name him?” Kaya asked as she reached for the baby.

“Mira came up with it. She’s got all the brains in this relationship,” he said as he took her left hand and brought it up to kiss.

“You helped though,” Mira said while looking at him.

“Mira, just tell us the damn name,” Adam said showing how impatient he was.

“Keegan Blayne Williams,” she said as she was still looking at Blake.

He smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead. Even though there were three other people in the room… well four counting Keegan, Blake and Mira were only focused on each other. Adam, Kaya, and Tally didn’t stay long. They all thought it was a good idea for the 'new family' to have some time alone. When they left, Blake put Keegan in the little crib so he could sleep better than in their arms.

“Damn, we made a cute kid,” she said as she watched Blake.

“He got it from his mama,” he said as he did a little dance.

“You’re still as adorable as the first day I met you,” she said as he climbed back into the bed with her.

“So when’s the next one coming?” he asked with a teasing smile.

“Not anytime soon. That sucked,” she said as he wrapped his arms around her.

“You did good though. Me on the other hand, I think my hand’s broken,” he said as he flexed his hand.

“That’s what you get for knocking me up,” she said teasing back.

“You haven’t changed at all,” he said with a smile.

“Neither have you,” she said cuddling up to him.

“I’m still your nice guy?”

“No… You’re my nice baby’s daddy.”

“What would I do without you, Mir?” he asked with yet another smile.

“Be a dickhead,” she said sarcastically.

“No I wouldn’t.”

“Yes you would,” she said starting a playful argument.

“Just go to sleep so you can pop out another kid soon,” he said and kissed her quickly.

“You’re so lucky I love you,” she said as her eyes closed slowly.

“Yes I am,” he said kissing her forehead one last time as they both drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isn't it amazing how this was suppose to be a one shot? lol

But thank you to everyone that has subscribed and left me amazing nice comments. It makes me what to update more. Hints why this got done so fast.

But I really have to thank Teegen! She helped me with so many ideas for this story and she made me that amazing picture on the side there!>>>

Check out her stories! She has this amazing one started about LUKE PARSLOW!

oh and final thoughts would be so amazing. I loved this one so much that I might start another Bilko story... and maybe Todd Potter... What do you guys think?